Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2008   #46
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
They shouldn't pick Vice City, honestly. It has been said above: Vice City only works in the 80's. I mean, that's xhat made Vice City! Without the influence of Miami Vice and Scarface, Vice City would be a different city!
However, if they would make a GTA IV: Vice City in the 80's, that would be great. I doubt it, though. A story prior to GTACS would be more 70's that 80's, since Miami Vice aired in 1984. 1986 was the beginning of the end of the 80's; the neon disappeared, the pastels did aswel, ...

Carcer city would be something new, but I'm getting tired of the American cities. A ctiy in France, Germany, Italy or the UK on the other hand would be great!!

EDIT:
Who neg repped me because I was Belgian? First of all, it's 'I hate Belgian people!' and not, as you wrote 'i hate belgium people'.
Secondly, how is that even relevant?! Since when is the country someone lives in an problem?
And last but not least: if you dare to neg rep me for no reason, at least have the guts to say who you are.

Last edited by WiM; 05-18-2008 at 03:37 AM..
WiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008   #47
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
As much as I would love to see Vice City re-created for this generation of gaming, it would really need an amazing storyline with an amazing protagonist to go along. My main concern for this would be, is Vice City really "doable" set modern day? It seems like Vice City would only fit with the 80's.
Old 05-18-2008   #48
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiM View Post
I'm getting tired of the American cities.
I couldn't agree with you more. I was saying that today.

The next game better not be another american city. It's getting stupid. You're right somewhere in Europe would be awesome.

My city would be PERFECT for a GTA game. Shame R* probably haven't even heard of New Zealand.

But yeah they need to stare off from America for once. Not every GTA gamer is american.
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008   #49
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I don't think Rockstar is trying to be "fair" to GTA players with the settings of the game, I think they're just going for what they believe would be best.
Old 05-18-2008   #50
Big_Bear
Former GSF OG
Newbie Member

Big_Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
so when PS4 comes out they'll remake LC, VC and SA again lol also the city doesn't have to be real, they could just take influences from place like tokyo and london and detroit and chicago and make their own city
Big_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008   #51
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah well that would be better instead of basing their cities on just american cities. It's too repetitive and im sure alot of people would appreciate something new instead of everything being centered on america.
Old 05-19-2008   #52
Flame
Newbie Member

Flame is on a distinguished roadFlame is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
Vice City, it can only be done in the 80's.

I'm mostly looking forward to the Ocean Beach part of a new Vice City. All the neons on those fancy hotels and bistros with the palm trees on the other side of the road that leads to a massive beach... Would be fucking magnificent.

Would look great on the R.A.G.E Game Engine with improved graphics...
I would be highly disappointed if Vice City was re-done in the 1980s again. Taking the series back to the past would be taking a step backwards, mainly due to the realistic modern day features included in IV, such as the in-game internet and the camera phone.
Old 05-19-2008   #53
nYgel

nYgel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by guilty.by.association View Post
But yeah they need to stare off from America for once.
What about that london game they had?

Also I believe it'll continue to be America. For a while. London again I would like, present day only though. They never refer to any other country, except south american countries. I would love a Sydney based one, though I doubt its that deep in crime like the idea of NYC. Whatever they do I'll buy, so whatever. But I'd like somewhere new. This was new to me because not only did i not play GTAIII very much, but its a completely new city with a familiar name.
nYgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #54
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYgel View Post
What about that london game they had?
Yeah I know but most GTA gamers haven't played it. I tried GTA2 and I found it hard and annoying with birdseye view. I only play the next generation of GTA. GTA 3, VC, San Andreas etc. I played IV and it's too different for me. But i'll buy it when i get a new console.

They have made a london one but most people havent played it.

I think they should make a completely new GTA game set in a different country but as you say, they probably won't. It would just make for a nice change thats all.
Old 10-27-2009   #55
Emcee Onslaught
Newbie Member

Emcee Onslaught is an unknown quantity at this point
I can see the appeal of re doing its previous cities but for some reason i feel like they wont. I thought the biggest reason and appeal of re making Liberty City was because in its 3 previous incarnations it was not an accurate map of New York. Vice City, Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas looked alot like their real world conterparts. Re designing them seems pointless to me since they are already pretty accurate versions.

Just like many others on this forum, id love to see GTA go to England, Japan, or even a Middle East city. Id also like to see another kind of protaganist, like an undercover cop or a government spy (a full time spy unlike CJ and Niko's freelance kite work).
Emcee Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #56
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Well, let's start evaluating which cities would be possible.

CITY - PROBABILITY (higher is more probable) - SIGNIFICANCE
Liberty City - 0 - Duh!
Carcer City - 1 - Atmosphere and mood may not suit GTA, not vibrant enough.
Vice City - 5 - Most probable. Has been done before
Los Santos - 2 - Not very probable; Los Angeles already done in Midnight Club: LA
San Fierro - 4 - If Vice City is skipped, this is the next most probable.
Las Venturas - 4 - Same reason as San Fierro.
San Andreas (LS+SF+LV) - 3 - It's unlikely they'll do LS, as stated above.
London - 4 - They haven't gone out of the USA for quite a while now, but with the Getaway out of the picture, it may be possible

Other settings:
Old West / Town setting - Not very probable (Red Dead Redemption)
Japan (There has been three Yakuza games now FYI)

We must take into consideration MCA, Mafia II, and Red Dead Redemption - they are three open-world games also released by Take Two, thus it would be most unlikely for their settings to be used in the next GTA.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009   #57
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
the old san adreas in gta 1 was los angeles as well
Old 10-29-2009   #58
Smashblu

Smashblu will become famous soon enoughSmashblu will become famous soon enoughSmashblu will become famous soon enoughSmashblu will become famous soon enoughSmashblu will become famous soon enoughSmashblu will become famous soon enoughSmashblu will become famous soon enoughSmashblu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegethra View Post
the old san adreas in gta 1 was los angeles as well
I aways thought it was San Francisco.
Old 12-09-2009   #59
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
To all the dumbasses saying the Vice City/Miami shit only works in the 80s, and Miami is no longer vibrant enough for this game:

Not to mention Burn Notice and all the crime going on in that general region. I'd love to see Vice City expanded to include some swamps (Air Boats!) and possibly some islands based off of Haiti or Cuba or Puerto Rico, or all of em.

Edit: Tried looking up the most dangerous and crime ridden cities in the US and New Orleans is looking like number one. That could be interesting, New Orleans has some cool districts.

Last edited by baleent; 12-09-2009 at 01:01 PM..
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009   #60
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Tbh I don't think that there will ever be a Gta game is carcer city, it is just mentioned as a cameo sort of role.
If you ask me the chances are:
Vice 80%
London 10%
Las Venturas 10%
I think they will definately be wanting to follow GTA 4 with another epic city and these seem the most likely.