Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009   #1
cinnober
Newbie Member

cinnober is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Tutorial for modelling cars for GTA IV ??

Hi.

Im very interested in making new cars for GTA IV but I havent found any usefull step-by-step guides/tutorials.
Ive asked in many different GTA IV forums but no luck.
There is a lot people making great and realistic cars for GTA IV but it seems to me that the modelling community is very closed...

I know I shall use Zmodeler2 v2.2.2 REGISTERED version for import/export of wft/wtd files, and there is some tuts on youtube but they speak non-english.

Im desperate to get some work done...so is there ANY outthere that could lead me in the right direction with modelling and texturing a car(s) for GTA IV

Many thanks in advance...
cinnober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Well here's a tutorial on how to model in ZModeler: http://www.etspe.ca/zmt/v1/12.html#1
As for making the models compatible with GTA IV, I'm not sure - the only tutorial I've seen was in Russian
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #3
cinnober
Newbie Member

cinnober is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Well here's a tutorial on how to model in ZModeler: http://www.etspe.ca/zmt/v1/12.html#1
As for making the models compatible with GTA IV, I'm not sure - the only tutorial I've seen was in Russian
Thx for the link but unfortunate the difference between the v1.03 shown in the tut and the v.2.2.2 is very big regarding layout,commands etc. so its very hard to "convert" all the shown images to v.2.2.2

Can you paste the link to russian tut? Maybe I can use it for some reason..
cinnober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #4
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Sure, here it is: http://kamazoff.ru/modules.php?name=Pages&page=36
It's actually a conversion tutorial rather than modeling.
Old 10-13-2009   #5
BMW M5
Newbie Member

BMW M5 is an unknown quantity at this point
here a german tutorial for download

http://www.gtr4u.de/jgs_db.php?actio...s_id=3537&sid=
BMW M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #6
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
here is a link to an english tutorial although it is very long but detailed hope it helps. http://forum.zmodeler2.com/viewtopic.php?t=927

Quote:
Sure, here it is: http://kamazoff.ru/modules.php?name=Pages&page=36
It's actually a conversion tutorial rather than modeling.
Hey rappo do you know if there are any english tutorials for conversion? I would like to make mods but I dont have the patience right now so conversion is the next best thing.

Last edited by Classified; 10-13-2009 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #7
MrHoshos96
Newbie Member

MrHoshos96 is an unknown quantity at this point
i translated the one in russian with baylon hope it's helpfull

La envelope will need my 2.2.1. Build 961-can be downloaded at оффсайте = http://zmodeler2.com (Handling and free version) la beginning we need to download gta4 examples Pack-in which we have complete version of the model schafter, and all the necessary texture in a folder vehshare (vehicle.wtd, vehshare.wtd, vehshare_truck. By). World File-gtaiv_textures. xml-CLADEM in a folder install in the bud занозы. ткрываем анозу, walk to the Options \ settings, was called to order window, select Services \ textures, and add there the way towards Folder vehshare from the archive. It is now done all the necessary texture will подхватывать automatically. 1 lava. бьекты and hierarchy. To those who worked with these in SA-much seem familiar. Senior думмис-model name (schafter.wft) | думмис chassis | hierarchy the model itself рактически Each detail I T B should contain Lod 1 level..-name the details _l0, _l1 LO-this is the main detail L1-an entity to distance 15-20 metres. (no more than 3000-5000 test sites) L2-type chassis_vlo in the C-впринципе optinal-it is enough to часису, and headlamps. is operating in the distance of 100 meters and more. аждая separate detail-should contain the conflict [col], at the end the details. сключение-lamps. Let's see more: аждая detail should contain a parental думмис. озьмем for example hood: Bonnet-parental думмис | bonnet_l0-the model itself hood bonnet_l1-model hood bonnet [col]-оллизия model hood ft B S General R (No. file model should распологаться down the list) very: door_dside_f-parental думмис | door_dside_f_l0-the Model itself door_dside_f_l1-model window_lf-parental думмис driving window on a door model. | ---window_lf_l0-the model itself windows ---window_lf_l1-model windows ---window_lf [col]-оллизия model the windows door_dside_f [col]-оллизия model олесо: wheel_lf | [wheelmesh_lf]-wheel [wheelmesh_lf_l1]-wheel wheel_lf [col]-Conflict wheels оллизия wheel is to place the anchorages wheels and Track gauge (conflict in a cylinder) братите attention to the title wheels in square brackets, also can I upload their objects to wheels (type caps \ disks, also in square brackets. __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________ list details (думмисов): chassis-Rama rentals. bonnet-hood boot-trunk door_dside_f-driver's door (front left on board) door_dside_r is the second left Board door_pside_f-Passajirskaia door (front right on board) door_pside_r-Passajirskaia door to right Board bumper_f-bumper front bumper_r-bumper rear wing_lf-left wing front wing_rf is just wing front windscreen-windshield windscreen_r-rear window hub_lf-brake shoes left front disk hub_rf-brake shoes right-wing front disk hub_lr-brake shoes left rear disk hub_rr-brake shoes right-wing rear disk suspension_lf-the left front suspension suspension_rf-right-wing front suspension suspension_lm-average suspension suspension_rm left-right medium suspension suspension_lr-the left rear Suspension suspension_rr-transmission_f Right rear suspension-front axle transmission_m-average bridge transmission_r-rear axle bodyshell-кузов wheel_lf-left front wheel wheel_rf is just front wheel wheel_lm-left secondary Koleso wheel_rm is just average Koleso wheel_lr-left rear wheel wheel_rr is just the rear wheel extra1-9-экстры model (if экстры within Mobile details.. No. files to экстрам not needed) misc_a, B, C, D, E-some details type or any прикрепляющихся details, glasses (in the doors or bodywork, contain the conflict and лоды) -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ---lamp headlight_l, an R-front taillight_l headlamp, an R-reversing lamps indicator_lf, RF-front поворотники indicator_lr, RR-rear поворотники brakelight_l, an R-стопсигналы reverselight_l, an R-. Reversing lamps -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ---думмисы engine-location engine in vehicle- Impact on injurious Engine. exhaust, exhaust_2-Exhaust pipes overheat, overheat_2-engine overheating (from smoke will follow the injuries) interiorlight-light in the park petroltank-PetrolTank the trucks. seat_dside_f, pside_f-location front passengers seat_dside_r, pside_r-location rear passengers __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________ lava 2. оллизия, думмисы, local axis. оллизия-is created from primitives (increasing, cylinders), should not contain two outside dimensions or not склеиных vershin. should also be отнормалена, UV маппинг do n't need (used дефаулт material). Chassis [col]-" may contain several
MrHoshos96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #8
rappo
Professional Dumbass

lmao HrHoshos, that is terrible man half the words aren't even translated. GTRmanR35 I can try and translate it for you, I'll post it here if/when I get something.
Old 10-19-2009   #9
MrHoshos96
Newbie Member

MrHoshos96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
lmao HrHoshos, that is terrible man half the words aren't even translated. GTRmanR35 I can try and translate it for you, I'll post it here if/when I get something.
sorry i was just trying and i'm new here so don't be tough on me
MrHoshos96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #10
Classified
Top Secret

Classified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura aboutClassified has a spectacular aura about
Okay thanks rappo.
Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009   #11
Izzee
Newbie Member

Izzee is an unknown quantity at this point
is it that hard ??

tips : www.google.translate.com

Result :

http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

then press on orginal page everything is in english

there you go =) , good luck