Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2009   #1
bptuner
Newbie Member

bptuner is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Simple Question

I have two (I believe) simple questions:

1. How do you restrict/remove weapons from GTA IV?

I want to remove guns from the cops so they just melee. I have tried a mod that replaces MeleeAnims.dat (http://games.softpedia.com/get/Mods-...-Weapons.shtml) and then tried modifying WeaponInfo.xml so that the data for PISTOL was the same as UNARMED.
Both of these didn't produce the desired effect. The first making no difference, and the latter making anyone equipped with a 9mm pistol unresponsive and zombie-like.

2. Is it possible to make everyone non-submissive (as in, if you hit them, they will engage back in melee) as well as make them not afraid to fight you when you have an ally fighting with you who has a melee weapon (such as the Bodyguard mod, who can't be spawned without a weapon)

I want to go into the stripclubs and start huge brawls but everytime I smack someone in there, only a few security guards and some strippers attack me while everyone else runs. I'd like to be able to hit the people sitting around the poles and at the bar and have them fight back.
Whenever I hit people on the street, if I have a bodyguard with me, they run off, even if its a gang and its 2v3 their favor. This is really annoying as I'd like to engage in large gang fights but GTA IV doesn't seem to support this by default.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
bptuner is offline   Reply With Quote