Old 08-17-2009   #1
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
Pigeon Glitch?

I finally have gotten around to getting 100% and did everything but the pigeons. I finally got to them and when i finished i only had 199. Now going in i knew that i already had gotten 13. When i went through i circled the ones that werent there. At first it ended up 13. I ended up going back to the auto save and stated over with 13 and was more carefull. Well anyway there are 14 pigeons missing and i only have credit for 13. I am 100% sure that there are 14 missing. I have checked all the spots atleast 3 times.
Does anyone know if this is a glitch or have any idea what could have caused it? I have used cheats but that is only because i thought they didnt effect 100%. Any help or information would be awesome.

Edit- I am on PS3.

Last edited by truekiller; 08-17-2009 at 02:39 PM..
truekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009   #2
GTA44
PAWN Scripter, Modder, Stunter, Mapper

GTA44 is on a distinguished roadGTA44 is on a distinguished road
There's no glitch as far as I know and I don't think cheats should have any effect on completion percentage. I got all 200 pigeons so I know they're all there, but before I got the last one I was missing one and thought of all the places that I could have possibly 'skimmed' i.e. not looked very hard because I thought I had already gotten it passing by before.

Have you checked the one in the little hole in the curved column at the airport? That's the one I missed and I was sure I got it before.

Maybe just try looking over the first few and last few pigeons on each island to make sure.

And btw, which guide did you use to find the pigeons?
Old 08-17-2009   #3
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA44 View Post
There's no glitch as far as I know and I don't think cheats should have any effect on completion percentage. I got all 200 pigeons so I know they're all there, but before I got the last one I was missing one and thought of all the places that I could have possibly 'skimmed' i.e. not looked very hard because I thought I had already gotten it passing by before.

Have you checked the one in the little hole in the curved column at the airport? That's the one I missed and I was sure I got it before.

Maybe just try looking over the first few and last few pigeons on each island to make sure.

And btw, which guide did you use to find the pigeons?
I used this guide http://www.gta4.tv/Pigeons.php

I reloaded the auto save and checked and i only have 13 but the 14 spots i marked dont have any pigeons.
If it helps there are missing pigeons at these 14 numbers (the rest are there)
001, 013, 014, 023, 034, 035, 058, 065, 070, 074, 111, 136, 151, and 197. Thats 14 but it says i only have 13. I am 100% sure that there is not a pigeon at any of these locations. I have checked all over and there is nothing about a glitch but something isnt right.
The only other thing i can think of is this is my main file that i started BEFORE the update that adds PS3 trophies.

Last edited by truekiller; 08-17-2009 at 06:30 PM..
Old 08-17-2009   #4
GTA44

Hmm, use a different guide and check those 14 spots again, perhaps one of them is inaccurate.
And it makes no difference whether or not the save file is compatible with trophies or not - I got all 200 pigeons on my save game way before the trophy patch.

If after this you still can't find it, I'm afraid you just might have to start from #1 checking every spot again accurately. But I'm sure you won't have to resort to that.
Old 08-17-2009   #5
truekiller

Quote:
Hmm, use a different guide and check those 14 spots again, perhaps one of them is inaccurate.
And it makes no difference whether or not the save file is compatible with trophies or not - I got all 200 pigeons on my save game way before the trophy patch.

If after this you still can't find it, I'm afraid you just might have to start from #1 checking every spot again accurately. But I'm sure you won't have to resort to that.
Actually thats the second one i have used. The first one i used i got to 199. Then i ended up going back to the autosave and started over and thats when i noticed that there were actually 14 gone with 1 missing and not acounted for in my stats. Also the 14 are not hard ones at all and i know exactly where they are supposed to be. I am going to check one more time and after that i am going to start a new game. I have to anyway to get the trophies so it is not a big deal. I will just use that first save as my goof off file since i have already used cheats on it.
Also any idea if the pigeons can actually glitch to a differnent location?

Last edited by truekiller; 08-17-2009 at 08:27 PM..
Old 08-18-2009   #6
GTA44

Oh okay well that's fair enough I suppose. I'm also on my second-run-through on the pigeons just for the trophies.

And nope, pigeons can't glitch to other locations. They're either where they're supposed to be, or you've already shot/blew it up.
Old 08-18-2009   #7
truekiller

Quote:
Oh okay well that's fair enough I suppose. I'm also on my second-run-through on the pigeons just for the trophies.

And nope, pigeons can't glitch to other locations. They're either where they're supposed to be, or you've already shot/blew it up.
Also the maps i used both had pics of the pigeons so i knew the exact locations of them. Like i said i am going to check the 14 locations one more time. My brother is going to help so i know i am not crazy.
Old 08-18-2009   #8
d0mm2k8
OMGWTFBBQ?!
Newbie Member

d0mm2k8 is an unknown quantity at this point
You should use gta4guides videos on YouTube. Very useful.

The only problem is two missing from Bohan and the Broker video got taken off by TakeTwo Games.

Also, a random useless fact is, it was made by GTA Gaming people I believe
d0mm2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009   #9
truekiller

Sorry to bump an old thread but, I FOUND IT!!!! It was the one in Bohan by the 1665 entrance. I didnt know there were two 1665 and was checking the wrong one. HA HA HA I am so happy. Finally 100%!!!!! Now to go back through for the trophies!
Old 08-30-2009   #10
GTA44

Ahh same thing happened to me before XD
Glad to hear you've finally found it. Now you're going for the trophies, perhaps we could play online together sometime to get some of the multiplayer trophies. (: