Old 08-06-2009   #1
Raul_[BR]
Sorry for nonsense Topics

Raul_[BR] can only hope to improve
[FIXED] FATAL MASTER SERVER ERROR/BUG

LOTS OF PEOPLE TODAY CANT FOUND SERVERS IN VCO

SAY: 16 OF 16 ABLE CONTACTED MORE APPEARS 1!!

Hunter , you server is unic appearing

sorry for create VARIOUS topics,more,im new[3 weeks today] and i need help....
Old 08-06-2009   #2
[NoN]Bruno
VCO's Q/C Team Member

[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road
Well, the reasons that a server cant be reacheable could be high ping ( time out ), its closed, its not announced and some other

Yet, this is not a fatal error to VCO or VCO's Browser, or even the Master Server.

Thanks for understanding.
Old 08-07-2009   #3
Knucis

Knucis is on a distinguished roadKnucis is on a distinguished roadKnucis is on a distinguished roadKnucis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NoN]Bruno View Post
Well, the reasons that a server cant be reacheable could be high ping ( time out ), its closed, its not announced and some other

Yet, this is not a fatal error to VCO or VCO's Browser, or even the Master Server.

Thanks for understanding.
Yeah could be that reason.

But this time he is saying the truth. ReGeX restarted the MasterServer List and it seems to be okay now.
Old 08-07-2009   #4
DECEiFER
Craic Head

DECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enoughDECEiFER will become famous soon enough
iKlipse reports that only 1 server shows up, 16 out of 16 contacted. I'm consistently getting 7, 16 out of 16 contacted.

It's odd, for sure.

Tune in with Winamp!

Also, you can visit/tune in via the website at http://www.algorhythmradio.net
Old 08-07-2009   #5
Raul_[BR]
Sorry for nonsense Topics

Raul_[BR] can only hope to improve
tonight the bug out more today the bug continues

the problem can make stress in me is today have one server ''on'' and have pass :/

Last edited by Raul_[BR]; 08-07-2009 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 08-07-2009   #6
Xeonon
VCO Scripter

Xeonon is on a distinguished roadXeonon is on a distinguished roadXeonon is on a distinguished roadXeonon is on a distinguished roadXeonon is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I have 2 servers, 1 of which is mine. :/ So its obviously not my internet connection. 16 out of 16 servers reached.
Old 08-07-2009   #7
Jc18

Jc18 is an unknown quantity at this point
same problem right now i only see 1 server
Old 08-07-2009   #8
[NoN]Bruno
VCO's Q/C Team Member

[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road[NoN]Bruno is on a distinguished road
Im sure theres a reason for this. I belive timing out is THE reason for this. For example: Raul is in Brazil and Mex is in UK, so the ping is so high, that it reaches it maximum ( 2000 ping, represented in 2 seconds delay ).
Old 08-07-2009   #9
Xeonon
VCO Scripter

Xeonon is on a distinguished roadXeonon is on a distinguished roadXeonon is on a distinguished roadXeonon is on a distinguished roadXeonon is on a distinguished road
Nah Bruno, its happening world wide. I don't know. It surely not just us though.
Old 08-08-2009   #10
Boylett

Boylett is on a distinguished roadBoylett is on a distinguished roadBoylett is on a distinguished road
I get all servers contacted, and there are 6
Old 08-08-2009   #11
ReGeX
VCO Developer

ReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enough
This is not a problem with the master server at all, for if you see the amount of servers to be contacted, it did its job. The problem lies with you trying to contact the actual server itself. I will look into this, but there isn't a lot I can do.

.:: Visit Vice City Online's GTAGaming Page Today! ::.
Old 08-08-2009   #12
ReGeX
VCO Developer

ReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enoughReGeX will become famous soon enough
Okay, here's how the fix works:

I did notice unreliability in the way that the contacted servers and the amount of servers were calculated. I made it so that it will accurately tell you the amount of servers that should be able to be contacted (blah of out x servers), BUT I have made it so that if it could not contact the server, it'd appear offline (127.0.0.1:7777), which could be due to a firewall or something else. So it will be 100% reliable all the time! If the server does appear offline, simply click it to try to get its stats as you would to update any server. All in all, you will see all the servers there that were able to be contacted (with the counter correct), whether they appear to be online or offline, thus making it reliable.

Expect this patch to be on the website within 60 minutes.

Enjoy!

-ReGeX

Last edited by ReGeX; 08-08-2009 at 02:10 PM..
Old 08-08-2009   #13
ReGeX
VCO Developer

Patch released! Check out the VCO downloads page to download it.

-Topic closed; make a new topic if necessary.

Closed Thread