Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009   #1
doat1

doat1 is on a distinguished roaddoat1 is on a distinguished road
Question about the new Dodge Charger car mods

Why do they replace the Hakumai? that is a 2nd or 3rd generation honda prelude and is half the size of the charger why doesn't it replace the Duke or the Clover which are chargers? i don't understand this.
doat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
You can replace whatever car you want by renaming the WFT and WTD files. If the cars come with new handling then you have to be careful in editing those too. We don't choose which cars they replace, the mod authors do...
Old 07-30-2009   #3
doat1

Yea i know but i don't understand why they choose completely different cars to replace i thought they replaced the cars that are similar.
Old 07-30-2009   #4
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
besides the sound there's no difference..
Old 07-30-2009   #5
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I'd assume they're replacing a car they don't like. "Hakuwhatsit? I hat dem foreign cars get off mah GTA" is what I think ran through their mind.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009   #6
doat1

lol i thought it would be easier to just replace a similar car since it would be a similar length, power, handling etc. so they wouldn't have to do as much work like test the handling configuration and such.
Old 07-30-2009   #7
rappo
Professional Dumbass

tbh most of these mods are (unfortunately) conversions from other games and they probably already have all the collision files modeled for them, so the mod authors dont really care about finding a car the same length.
Old 07-30-2009   #8
doat1

Ah i see. I plan on getting into making cars for gta always wanted to since gta 3
Old 08-06-2009   #9
mauiboi95
Newbie Member

mauiboi95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool FIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by doat1 View Post
Why do they replace the Hakumai? that is a 2nd or 3rd generation honda prelude and is half the size of the charger why doesn't it replace the Duke or the Clover which are chargers? i don't understand this.
What I did was replace the Merit with the charger. It was the PERFECT replacement. Unless your talking about the old chargers. If your talking about the new one then......yea.....I just solved your problem. lol

THANKS LOL
mauiboi95 is offline   Reply With Quote