Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > General Series Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009   #1
lazlov
Newbie Member

lazlov is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars Coming to the PSP

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars Coming to the PSP!
lazlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009   #2
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Not surprising in the least. The game did pretty badly on he DS so they might as well try the poosp. I wonder how they're gonna do the touchscreen stuff though.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009   #3
GTAGAMER2009
Newbie Member

GTAGAMER2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
help

hey how do i look at my thread tht i made i cannot seem to find
Old 06-22-2009   #4
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
yea thats the first thing i wondered when i read this.
it seems like they may have to take some things out or switch up the way the minigames are played to use the buttons rather than touch screen.
Old 06-22-2009   #5
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
Probably button combos or something. This is not surprising, really. But, somehow, I don't feel like buying it.
Old 06-23-2009   #6
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
I might get this, depending on how different it is. I still have the DS version and love it.
Old 06-23-2009   #7
Larry Novellino
Larry Novellino - Waconia High School, Minnesota

Larry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the rough
It bothers me that Sony can't keep their hands to themselves. CTW belongs to the DS imo.
Larry Novellino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #8
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Sigh... they should've brought this to the iPhone, IMO, if they wanted to reach out to a wider audience. It'll fit, and not with the PSP. They should do a new one for the PSP.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #9
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauwee View Post
It bothers me that Sony can't keep their hands to themselves. CTW belongs to the DS imo.
Well, that's a pretty selfish point of view. I think the decision was probably initiated by R* in response to the surprisingly poor sales for the DS. So, if I'm a R* exec I move the game for release on a system that they have success with. Just plain good business sense.

As far as the game in general, I would like to think R* would be smart enough to adapt the game so it works with the PSP. I don't own either and I don't plan on it. Ultimately, I was never interested in the CTW story to begin with. Personally, I think the game with more time and development could have evolved into the next installment in the series and not just a "filler" release until the next major release. All the cool features and tasks could/should be included for the next title whatever/whenever that may be.

Last edited by JRussell89; 06-23-2009 at 03:39 AM..
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #10
the punisher
Ham

the punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enoughthe punisher will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Not every video game company operates on the basis of stealing exclusives.
Old 06-23-2009   #11
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This is more Rockstar responding to the lack of sales on the DS whilst LCS and VCS on the PSP sold damn well compared to CTW. The only thing Sony done was said they'd be interested in a new GTA game on the PSP, I'm sure they're pretty miffed that they're only getting a port. Looks wise it must seem odd for Sony to have the first two games look and sound better than the third game, depending on how Rockstar update the game.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #12
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
I thought it might have actually came out on the Wii before anything. Just like how the PSP titles all went to PS2.
Old 06-24-2009   #13
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yeah, and how dare the Xbox 360 get GTAIV on launch, fucking thefts. Fact of the matter is, Chinatown Wars did extremely average in sales on the DS and if it had been successful I doubt we would be seeing it on the PSP.
Old 06-24-2009   #14
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
What they're basically gonna do is remove or replace the minigames to be more PSP friendly, make molotovs thrown by a button (possibly time pressed to determine throw length) and arrange the hud elements to be more like the other GTA games. The menus could stay the same, you'd just need to scroll through them with the d-pad.

It's unfortunate, really. It's an excellent handheld title, and it's still surprising the sales were so low.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009   #15
Reiji

Reiji is on a distinguished roadReiji is on a distinguished road
It would be cool if Rockstar revamped it by using the same engine as the LCS and VCS games, but that's less likely to happen. If it's just a port with additional contents, it would be hard for me to imagine how they're going to pull off those fun minigames with the PSP.
Reiji is offline   Reply With Quote