Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you like these changes Rockstar made to the GTA IV multiplayer?
Yes 7 50.00%
No 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2009   #1
Sam B.
Formerly SB141

Sam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the rough
Angry Do you want multiplayer back the way it was?

Ever since TLAD the multiplayer in GTA IV has gone down hill. Do you agree? and do you want the multiplayer changed back in the new "Ballad Of Gay Tony content?

For example:

We now have to change whether or not we want police, friendly fire, and auto aim on or off using the cell phone instead of changing it in the lobby where it was clearly easier.

We no longer have annihilators in free mode, what makes it worse is that the annihilators were made more destructive with the addition of frag rounds which were included as new weaponry in the TLAD multiplayer update. We can now only use these helicopters in deathmatch modes and the new added mode "Chopper VS Chopper".

A small change which I don't think most people care about is that Blips can no longer be turned off, In my opinion the game was more exciting with this ability as you didn't know where the other person was, only if they were crouching or behind cover, I don't know about you guys but I thought "no blip matches" were fun.

If there are any changes I am missing please post them and give your opinion on them, give your opinion on the matter anyway even if you don't have a change to mention.

360 II Sammy B II PSN Sam-B93 STEAM IISammyBII

Last edited by Sam B.; 06-12-2009 at 04:31 PM..
Sam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #2
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB141_EvilAngel View Post
Ever since TLAD the multiplayer in GTA IV has gone down hill. Do you agree? and do you want the multiplayer changed back in the new "Ballad Of Gay Tony content?

For example:

We now have to change whether or not we want police, friendly fire, and auto aim on or off using the cell phone instead of changing it in the lobby where it was clearly easier.

We no longer have annihilators in free mode, what makes it worse is that the annihilators were made more destructive with the addition of frag rounds which were included as new weaponry in the TLAD multiplayer update. We can now only use these helicopters in deathmatch modes and the new added mode "Chopper VS Chopper".

A small change which I don't think most people care about is that Blips can no longer be turned off, In my opinion the game was more exciting with this ability as you didn't know where the other person was, only if they were crouching or behind cover, I don't know about you guys but I thought "no blip matches" were fun.

If there are any changes I am missing please post them and give your opinion on them, give your opinion on the matter anyway even if you don't have a change to mention.

Yes, and no.

Yes, I want those features to be back; but no, because I want it to be better. Please give us modes that earn more than $4500, is fun, and doesn't involve grinding so that we can make it to Rank 10 faster! I can't believe I've been playing multiplayer for a damn long time, yet I'm still Rank 9.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009   #3
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
helicopters need to return in freemode.

Is it like this on the PS3 version also?
Old 06-13-2009   #4
Sam B.
Formerly SB141

Sam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the rough
If the multiplayer on the PS3 version of the game is still the same as it was on the day it released then PS3 users don't hvae to vote, sorry I should have made that clear.

Old 06-13-2009   #5
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
Everything seems the same on my end. (PS3)

No ID display, No Blips, makes things so much fun.
To bad we have to use silly little glitches to make those damn blips go away.
Old 06-13-2009   #6
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
To be honest I was very disappointed with the competitive multiplayer in GTA IV. I have given up all hope that one of the DLCs will make it any better. Next GTA maybe.
Old 06-13-2009   #7
Sam B.
Formerly SB141

I'm not really into the competitive multiplayer myself, I'm hardly ever on deathmatch, races etc. before the game came out freemode was all I was really excited about concerning the multiplayer.

Old 06-13-2009   #8
mobster
XBLGT:SergeantDave619
Newbie Member

mobster can only hope to improve
well for the ballad of gay tony it is focusing on the nightlife,nightclubbing gangsters.
I'd very much like to see people taking over nightclubs and recruiting women to "dance".
Maybe you could defend the car while the girls are "smoking pink cigars"
oh yeah: EXPAND THE RANKS!
Old 06-13-2009   #9
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
mobster, stay on topic.
We're talking about multiplayer, not TBOGT.

but yeah, i normally played freemode, most of the time.
just me and few friends flew helicopters and crashed and shit.