Old 06-08-2009   #1
deedra
Newbie Member

deedra is an unknown quantity at this point
texture problems

On gta4 for ps3 when I am driving real fast on the road or on a bridge sometimes the textures will disappear looking like a grayish haze or whatever the color the road is for a few seconds. It happens on the road when driving real fast approaching a curve. As I get on through the curve the textures will come back and everything will look fine. It dont happen on all curves but it does happen often when driving real fast. It has never happened when I wasnt going real fast. I was wanting to know if anyone out there with a ps3 has had it happen to them. Thanks for any response.
deedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009   #2
xbolt

xbolt is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedra View Post
On gta4 for ps3 when I am driving real fast on the road or on a bridge sometimes the textures will disappear looking like a grayish haze or whatever the color the road is for a few seconds. It happens on the road when driving real fast approaching a curve. As I get on through the curve the textures will come back and everything will look fine. It dont happen on all curves but it does happen often when driving real fast. It has never happened when I wasnt going real fast. I was wanting to know if anyone out there with a ps3 has had it happen to them. Thanks for any response.
it has happened to me before when driving in real fast cars when panning left or right. I know its not a bad copy of the game.I would also like to know if its normal to happen when driving fast,Or if our ps3 is not functioning properly.
xbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
It's a problem that sometimes happens in the PS3 version of the game, it also used to happen on the 360 version of the game when it was installed on the Hard Drive but since The Lost and Damned came out they patched the game so it worked better from the Hard Drive. My guess would be that GTA IV in its default state wasn't adjusted properly for Hard Drive read times, which is evident in an unpatched 360 version Installed and the PS3 version which requires an install.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote