Old 05-28-2009   #31
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Fair enough, then why even come to this section if you hate the game and DLC soo much? Seems like you're here to troll and shout off about how much the 360 sucks.
Because i was reading about the new DLC to see if anything interesting has been announced that would increase GTA's lifespan (new island, minigames). That would possibly make me fix my 360, then i seen this thread and i though t i'd let this guy know he isn't missing out on much at all with the DLC. When it comes to the 360 bashing, I may have spouted off abit but thats the disgruntled nature of a man who's had to send a console in for repairs 3 times and now needs to do it a fourth time.

Quote:
.....if you bought an Xbox you wouldn't be able to play GTA anyway because it would be at MS for repairs 90% of the time.
Was it that much of an insult or more of a tounge in cheek joke from someone who has had major issues with their 360? I guess thats in the eye's of the beholder.

Anyway i just don't understand all this fanboy crap that gets thrown around here, i own a 360, i bought mine at midnight on launch (before most of the 360 owners here), i bought a HDTV to go along with it and spent over $500 on launch night just on games. Does that sound like a PS3 fanboy? I doubt a PS3 fanboy would be in a line at midnight waiting for a 360, not to mention he wouldn't be spending thousands of dollars on games and accesories over the years.

I think the whole fanboy thing comes from peoples own issues with the opposition console and the fact that they take any attack on the competitors console personally. Which is more of a fanboy act (by there own definition) then some who owns all consoles but has issues with a console that has cost him thousands of dollars and yet it doesn't even live for more then 6 months at a time.

Sorry to any 360 owners i offended but seriously i'm not talking about your mum so don't take it personally.
Old 05-28-2009   #32
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I think American and Australia got worse consoles than Europe, I'm curious about you Fry because you sound like you never play on the 360, yet the thing still managed to break multiple times. I guess Germany just make sure they do a good job with Repairs.

As for your view on GTA IV and it's DLC, that's a personal matter, me, I liked IV even though the start is utter boring and I loved The Lost and Damned, especially with the unlimited Gang Wars and Road Rash Races that you can do. Also I see that quite a bit, how would more land make the game better? You'd be doing the same old shit and I doubt most people who say that have even fully explored Liberty City.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #33
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I think American and Australia got worse consoles than Europe, I'm curious about you Fry because you sound like you never play on the 360, yet the thing still managed to break multiple times. I guess Germany just make sure they do a good job with Repairs.

As for your view on GTA IV and it's DLC, that's a personal matter, me, I liked IV even though the start is utter boring and I loved The Lost and Damned, especially with the unlimited Gang Wars and Road Rash Races that you can do. Also I see that quite a bit, how would more land make the game better? You'd be doing the same old shit and I doubt most people who say that have even fully explored Liberty City.
I played 360 as much as i play my PS3, when my 360 was alive, maybe even moreso. But i tend to play my online games on the PS3 because i dont like paying for Live when it underperforms (sever wise) in comparrison to the PSN. Also (IMO) the PS3 has had the better exclusives since mid '08 which has meant i have spent more time on it. Not to mention playing my 360 for hours on end makes me nervous due to obvious reasons, But games like Gears, Bioshock, ME and even Halo Wars i played for hours on end.

Regarding the repairs, i'm not sure about our service center. I oviously can't make a comparrison to other ones in other countries but i know the problem lies with the chip design. I guess some people are luckier then other and i'm one of the unlucky ones in that regard, but it's obviously not an issue with US ans Aus service centers.

Regarding my view on GTAIV ofcourse it's opinion based i think that goes without saying but my opinion is that the game had a good story but hardly anything to continue on with afterwards. TLATD continued that fashion, while it introduced some nice new minigames it was nothing that brang me back time and time again. Also i said more land and minigames because more land would obviously be interesting to explore for a cetain amount of time (even moreso then minigames imo) but the addition of minigames to that aswell would mean double the lifespan of the DLC. Meaning instead of just playing the new minigames and getting bored with them i could also explore much more of Liberty City, which was one of the perks in GTA SA.
Old 05-28-2009   #34
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
So what's just stopping you from playing San Andreas and never have to deal with shitty IV ever again?

Also, can you find me this commercial but with sound, YouTube and Google are super shitty now with these things.
Old 05-28-2009   #35
Fry
Your Mother

Ohh i have played San Andreas for hundreds and hundreds of hours, but after playing the story like 30 times and completeing the game 100% numerous times it gets a little stale. But that just goes to show how different the two games are, i would never be able to spend that much time on GTA IV.
Old 05-28-2009   #36
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
It's Sony's fault. Why is everyone blaming MS? I remember reading about Rockstar approaching Sony first to keep the GTA series exlucisve to PS3, and Sony declined.

worst decision on sony's behalf

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #37
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
This is simple. If Microsoft did not pay for the development of The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony then they would not exist.

When making plans for GTA IV, Rockstar would have been extremely weary of risk and entering a market in which they previously had no experience, primarily because the company was on the rocks at the time and it really needed some income. Microsoft gave them lots of money and so they were able to create these two extra games.

If you want to play the two expansions buy an Xbox 360. You will be getting a great console and will be able to play the game with what I believe to be a far superior control pad. Finally you can actually aim without the stick slipping out of your fingers! There's that and the large number of good, exclusive games.

Please don't think that because there are expansions the company is not working on a new game.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #38
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
I love reading everyones opinions and thoughts about the consoles, Microsoft, Sony and R*.

But i'm going to stay out of this thread for a while, just until the Ash and Fry conflict cools off.
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #39
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like this whole expansion system that's being used so much nowadays. Just like the expansions for Midnight Club.

Sure it's fun to buy a new section to the map or a new storyline, but put it in another perspective and companies are basically releasing half finished games for retail price. Basically, a finished game costs about twice the amount it used to.

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #40
Ash_735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrucci View Post
just until the Ash and Fry conflict cools off.
What conflict is that, we have different opinions, grow up.
Old 05-28-2009   #41
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
Well, my birthday is in 5 days, so thank you.
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #42
Ash_735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar Jr. View Post
Sure it's fun to buy a new section to the map or a new storyline, but put it in another perspective and companies are basically releasing half finished games for retail price. Basically, a finished game costs about twice the amount it used to.
You could also say with these consoles, a finished game cost twice as much to make! I know what you mean though, Rockstar are one of few companies who do DLC right, others out there who sell unlock keys for content already on discs are just a disgrace.
Old 05-28-2009   #43
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
You could also say with these consoles, a finished game cost twice as much to make! I know what you mean though, Rockstar are one of few companies who do DLC right, others out there who sell unlock keys for content already on discs are just a disgrace.
Yeah that pisses me off