Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009   #31
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Seriously, this surprised many, huh?

But what's with the logo? First, they stripped down the bevel, and now they took out the "IV". Seriously, the logo needs a change, I seriously hope it's just a placeholder, because it's a little unclean.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #32
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's fabulous, honestly.

A bevel would ruin the flamboyance.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #33
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
I think it's fabulous, honestly.

A bevel would ruin the flamboyance.
Not the bevel. The IV? I'm for uniformity. And the black border around the words "The Ballad of Gay Tony" seem a little off.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #34
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's one of their best logos to be honest.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #35
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
It is strange that the IV is missing since TLAD had the IV.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #36
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
SAD TRUTH: Watch it fail miserably because GTA's(and 360's) preteen male, faux macho, gangsta, general homophobe fanbase can't get it up for a game with "gay" in the title.

Looking around at other comments done in other sites it seems like the above might be true. Unless they add enough wacky crap and weapons to balance out the word gay with manly manliness for manly men such as them.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #37
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeback209 View Post
SAD TRUTH: Watch it fail miserably because GTA's(and 360's) preteen male, faux macho, gangsta, general homophobe fanbase can't get it up for a game with "gay" in the title.

Looking around at other comments done in other sites it seems like the above might be true. Unless they add enough wacky crap and weapons to balance out the word gay with manly manliness for manly men such as them.
........ I'm sorry, I'm going to forget I ever read your post. I would put money on it that no more than 50 people are put off buying this because of its name.

How could you even come to that conclusion? it's ridiculous. Loads of games have gay people in and they still get bought. Honestly ..
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #38
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I like the colors of the logo, very something I'd see in Vice City/Miami
Old 05-27-2009   #39
Alec_Pusay119

Alec_Pusay119 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone that would have been turned off by the title has already been turned off by the more down to earth approach GTAIV took I think. They are all playing Saints Row right now.
Alec_Pusay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #40
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, the fun factor has been toned down alot and that makes it overall boring and more bleak to play
Old 05-27-2009   #41
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Getting this day one. Cute name, I just hope it's longer than TLAD.

Edit: Yep, there's a TON of homophobes out there. I've been reading across the web and all I read are "I don't want to play as a gay guy!" and "Gay Tony? Sorry, nothing gay is going on my harddrive@@!".

Sigh.

Last edited by phreak; 05-27-2009 at 10:39 AM..
phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #42
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
It is strange that the IV is missing since TLAD had the IV.
according to that, maybe the next GTA would be V, huh? year 2010?
Old 05-27-2009   #43
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I just remembered actually, Bernie Crane also meets Gay Tony and Luis at one point, and this is during The Lost and Damned, if you call the bug up near the end of the game you hear Bernie on the phone to someone talking about how he met them in a club and how much he liked Luis and wished Luis was Gay.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009   #44
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytow View Post
........ I'm sorry, I'm going to forget I ever read your post. I would put money on it that no more than 50 people are put off buying this because of its name.

How could you even come to that conclusion? it's ridiculous. Loads of games have gay people in and they still get bought. Honestly ..
You seem to not look around the net much. Just this morning i stumbled onto a PETITION just because no one wants "gay shit" on their 360. And if you even read what I said at the bottom, it'll mostly reside on what it comes with. If people see new fancy cars, tuners, weapons and that Luis isn't gay, then it might pass through them. But until they start to show content, people will continue to just see the word gay.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009   #45
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
I don't think so buddy, they aren't gonna think that Luis is gay until they see fancy cars and shit, they won't think he's gay, because nothing points towards that he is gay.
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote