Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2009   #16
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
"The people that contributed to buying their products and got them to where they are now"? You mean the PS2 owners? You do realise not every PS2 owner went on to buy a PS3 and not every XBOX owner went on to buy a 360, right?
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #17
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
... You obviously don't understand what I just said, ZCAB.

I am not only talking about PS2 owners, I am talking about PS3 owners. What ever happened to R* making things equally? The first GTA came out on PC and PSX.. GTA 2 came out on PSX and PC... GTA III Came out on PC, PS2 and then Xbox.. Same with VC and San Andreas.

Why all of a sudden do they take a certain console, who wasn't originally their home based machine, and give them exclusive content that everyone who bought their game should have the right to obtain no matter what console they have. What I am saying, exclusivity is a load of shit... A load of shit is what R* is becoming when they treat others differently.

The day R* announces that PS3 is receiving the same DLC as Xbox gets, is the day I will take back what I just said.

Last edited by iKlipse; 05-15-2009 at 01:04 AM..
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #18
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Because microsoft had a $50 million dollar deal..
Old 05-15-2009   #19
Pablo Escobar Jr.
Veteran Member

Pablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar Jr. has a reputation beyond repute
As a PS3 owner this is all I have to say:

Fuck.

Hot Buttered Soul
Pablo Escobar Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #20
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Rockstar Games is part of a publicly traded company. Its only duty is to its shareholders. While it usually can't hurt to please the public, they will do whatever they think will make them the most money. That's it. There are no other goals or objectives.

Microsoft gave Rockstar a $50m advance on revenues from the two episodes, on the condition that they were Xbox 360 exclusive. At the time, Rockstar wasn't exactly in a very good position - it had just had the Hot Coffee scandal, its share price was at rock bottom and a huge number of its staff had walked out or left, many seeing San Andreas as the high point of their careers. It's a huge sum of money to get up front and I would probably go as far as to say that without this advance we wouldn't have ANY content at all.

So you can take your pick... DLC only on Xbox 360 or no DLC at all. If you're really bothered by it, buy an Xbox 360. You won't regret it because there is a lot more than GTA DLC exclusive to that console.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #21
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
True... more Rockstar at once means they dominate the market just a bit more for that time.
Maybe so, but it could also mean the different Rockstar titles are each other's competitors, since a lot of people won't buy three titles in a short period of time...
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #22
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

So you can take your pick... DLC only on Xbox 360 or no DLC at all.
And that's all I'd like to highlight on this, That $50 Mil from Microsoft funded the development of the two episodes. No money, no games. Yes exclusive is bullshit and if you only own a PS3 it must be disapointing but still moan all you want, Sony were offered a chance and didn't want to know. So now you PS3 owners can bitch and moan about how R* Sucks Duck and Microsoft are Evil just be clear that it isn't black and white.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #23
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar Jr. View Post
As a PS3 owner this is all I have to say:

Fuck.
Me as a PC user, I must say: dayum, when they release it for PC?
Old 05-15-2009   #24
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I would say the DLCs have a better chance ending up on PC than PS3. Maybe a 10% chance compared to 0%.
Old 05-15-2009   #25
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Cool news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The only announced date is by the end of FY09 which means October 31 at the latest.
Where/when was this confirmed? I thought it was still an assumption...

Also I'm just going to insert a prediction for a mission here:
Luis kills Thomas Stubbs's cousins, as requested by Thomas Stubbs.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #26
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Remember that The Lost and Damned was announced late November 2008, and it was released mid February 2009.

That means, if they were to announce the second downloadable content now (mid May), it will most likely be released early August to the end of September. Rockstar (and Take Two) needs to leave October for their other titles, which are not doing as well as GTA (which does well no matter when it's released), and from the strategic view point, it's better to spread out the releases then release all on October, because if not, the only party that will suffer is Take Two.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009   #27
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Yea August would be nice, give me something to play before school starts up again.
Summer is usually dead for new game releases
Old 05-16-2009   #28
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Now, at GTAForums, they are discussing the rumoured title of "Blood and a Four Leaf Clover". You guys think?
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009   #29
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
It seems to be the rumoured title that's sticking, personally i think it sucks, The Lost and Damned sounded more, well, interesting, Blood and a Four Leaf Clover sounds kind of B-Movieish.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009   #30
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Least it's better than City of the Hood.