Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2009   #91
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFan View Post
easy to navigate, know where everything is (almost). I don't think GTAG needs a new look. As it was said before some time ago it is like a trademark i guess
Well keep in mind this thread was created quite a while ago, so the new look this thread was originally referring to is the current design.

There is another design in the works though, IMO a more professional layout. This time it will be a more complete transformation though. Forum design will be changed as well to compensate (needs to be cleaned up), plus new features and we'll be revising ALL of content on the site as well as catching up on old content we don't have.
Old 03-11-2009   #92
Superman
The Man in the Sky!

Superman is on a distinguished roadSuperman is on a distinguished road
How about the administration team install an Arcade?

Link: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101554
Old 03-11-2009   #93
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Hm, maybe if there's enough interest for it. There's some other features we want to focus on integrating into the site/forums primarily at the moment.
Old 03-12-2009   #94
Superman
The Man in the Sky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Hm, maybe if there's enough interest for it. There's some other features we want to focus on integrating into the site/forums primarily at the moment.
How about starting a poll in which people vote YES, NO, MAYBE on a forum Arcade?
Old 03-12-2009   #95
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
I'm going to say no on that - what's the purpose of a forum arcade? There are billions of arcade game websites on the net that people can go to if they are interested in that. This is a Grand Theft Auto forum If the games were somehow related to GTA then I think it would be alright. I used to help run a GTA website that had an arcade (called The Mod Shack, a lot will know it) and there wasn't really a purpose to it.
Old 03-12-2009   #96
Superman
The Man in the Sky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
I'm going to say no on that - what's the purpose of a forum arcade? There are billions of arcade game websites on the net that people can go to if they are interested in that. This is a Grand Theft Auto forum If the games were somehow related to GTA then I think it would be alright. I used to help run a GTA website that had an arcade (called The Mod Shack, a lot will know it) and there wasn't really a purpose to it.
On there other hand, what is the harm in a forum arcade?
Old 03-12-2009   #97
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
It makes the forums messy and unorganized, and puts a further toll on our servers.
Old 03-12-2009   #98
Superman
The Man in the Sky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
It makes the forums messy and unorganized, and puts a further toll on our servers.
You guys have a server?

Could I get the IP for SA:MP, MTA:SA and/or VC:MP, MTAC?
Old 03-13-2009   #99
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
What do you think happens when you type in "gtagaming.com" in your browser address bar? Of course we have a server A web server. The point rappo was getting at is, if we add an arcade to the forums, it will put extra load on our web server and will slow things down for all of the site.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009   #100
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Only thing the arcade was good for was bragging rights and beating everyones records on things
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009   #101
Superman
The Man in the Sky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
Only thing the arcade was good for was bragging rights and beating everyones records on things
But that ONLY THING is the ONE AND ONLY thing why we should have an arcade!
Old 12-28-2009   #102
Trickstar
ATM, Money

Trickstar is on a distinguished roadTrickstar is on a distinguished road
Well I like the kindness of this staff compared to GTAForums. Also a bad critic is you should have an editing section seperated with a show off section in modding section. Tutorial one would be good too, since I kinda am planning on writing one.
Trickstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009   #103
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Hey Trickstar, thanks for the feedback - we try to keep the community as friendly as possible

As for the modding sections: we used to have our forums split up like that. The truth is, we're not nearly as active as GTAForums and a large number of subforums actually makes our forums look even less active. We figured instead of having five forums with a few posts in them, it would be better to have one general GTA modding forum with many posts in it. So if you have anything modding-related to post about San Andreas, you would use our General Discussion / Past GTA Mods and Tutorials forum.

Welcome to the forums by the way, and thanks for adding a mod to our database!
Old 12-28-2009   #104
Trickstar
ATM, Money

Trickstar is on a distinguished roadTrickstar is on a distinguished road
Also would be nice if you had a version option that way you can have multiple versions of your mod out and udated versions. But I guess its ok just to upload for each version.
Trickstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009   #105
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Actually Trickstar that's something I had on my mind as well, not to mention a feature that would send a message to any user who downloaded a mod that has since been updated informing them of the new release.