Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2009   #1
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
is it just me or... (SPOILERS INCLUDED)

is it extremely difficult to get out of the safehouse in southern alderney for all of you too (brians old house). i never used it during actual gameplay but when you complete the storyline you have to use it. the first time i was in there i spent a good 10 minutes looking for an exit. i finally found one that takes you to the back (i'm assuming it's the only exit), but everytime i start up the game it takes me a while to find it again :p why the hell is it so hard, i wish i could just jump out the window.
Old 02-23-2009   #2
pundit

pundit is on a distinguished roadpundit is on a distinguished road
well, i guess one can easily miss the stairs, also had a bit of a problem going back down first time i was there
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #3
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
yeah but.. going down the stairs isn't enough! am i missing something? i had to go down the stairs, around to a sort of kitchen area, then out a very inconspicuous door.
Old 02-23-2009   #4
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
It's like the mission where Niko
has to get the coke for Elizabeth.
(i forgot the mission name)

It took me forever to find a stupid exit in that mission, and after 5 tries of fighting
off swat and getting an exit, i beat it.
Old 02-23-2009   #5
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Bought a Xbox360 for this content Just for this and rappo your not alone Brother with this problem, I am having the same problem!!!

rappo:
Quote:
is it extremely difficult to get out of the safehouse in southern alderney for all of you too (brians old house). i never used it during actual gameplay but when you complete the storyline you have to use it. the first time i was in there i spent a good 10 minutes looking for an exit. i finally found one that takes you to the back (i'm assuming it's the only exit), but everytime i start up the game it takes me a while to find it again :p why the hell is it so hard, i wish i could just jump out the window.

Last edited by zeeshan810; 02-23-2009 at 05:25 PM..
zeeshan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #6
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
yea the front door is boarded up which would be directly at the bottom of the stairs
it is a shitty layout and is really quite annoying since even knowing where ur going there is mad shit in the small rooms so you always run into them and u can't get in and out quickly
i really wish u could keep the clubhouse as it had so much more to offer: guns when u completed some gang wars, arm wrestling, pool, hi-lo card game, computer, and tv. Brian's old house is just a save spot and has nothing else useful.
when i first got it after that mission where u kill Brian I was like wtf why would i ever go here when I can go to the clubhouse up the street so I guess cutting u off from the clubhouse at the end is a way to force u to use it
Old 02-23-2009   #7
MurphySk8

MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
I use that safehouse so often now that I don't have any problems, but the first few times felt like walking through a maze. And yeah, they want you to rough it at the end.

Last edited by MurphySk8; 02-26-2009 at 02:54 AM..
MurphySk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #8
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
ive had no problems with the safe house besides not having a tv. also i think you can jump out of the window in the room next to the one you sleep in break the glass where you through the grenade into the window ( if you went the route of killing brian not sparing him) and see if you can jump out

hey buddy your cool i forgot to put a period at the end and im still not so keep the neg rep commin

I am Mister X - Play

Last edited by devil chevelle; 02-24-2009 at 04:44 AM..
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #9
MurphySk8

MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
Ok. I just got negative rep from someone with no explanation. Awesome.
Old 02-26-2009   #10
rappo
Professional Dumbass

pssst:
Quote:
2. There will be no begging/asking/complaining about rep:
A verbal warning for the first offense, an infraction or up to a 3 day temp ban for the second offense.
this is not the place for that, thanks.
Old 02-26-2009   #11
MurphySk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
pssst:

this is not the place for that, thanks.
Well, I meant in this thread. Someone in this thread seems to be giving random negative rep to people for no reason. Just pointing out that I thought it was weird, considering that post couldn't be seen as offensive in any way. Wasn't complaining, just thought it was funny. Maybe he was a mouse in a previous life and the mere mention of a maze sends him into a frenzy?
Old 02-26-2009   #12
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Well, I got confused. So the safehouse you use at the end of the storyline is Brian's old house? And the clubhouse? I've always thought that was the clubhouse, but anyway I just jump out of the window from there anyway (you can do that).
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #13
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
what do u mean? u burn the clubhouse down at the end of the story
Old 02-26-2009   #14
chrisandy
Newbie Member

chrisandy is on a distinguished roadchrisandy is on a distinguished roadchrisandy is on a distinguished road
I know what you mean, it's a crappy place. I don't understand why R* took out purchasing properties or giving the player more safehouse options closer to stuff.
chrisandy is offline   Reply With Quote