Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2009   #61
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Ash, I understand that Sony was offered a deal and they turned it down but let me ask you this. In your honest opinion do you believe that Sony or Microsoft should have to pay a game developer to do it's job?
GTA IV was Rockstars job, they did that, DLC is NO video game companies main job, see Gears of War, Tomb Raider, etc, most games on the market with DLC is just leftover crap they couldn't fit on the game or didn't have time to finish. Take Gears of War for example again, the Flashback Map Pack, now that was free for a while but it's now 400 MS Points, what is it? Just 5 Maps from Gears of War 1 ported to gears of War 2 with a few visual updates. Few game companies actually do stuff for DLC, BioShock challenge rooms on the PS3, even then it was after kicking the dirt for a long while and moaning if it would be worth it or not.

Look, your long rants are just because you're a PS3 owner and don't have a 360, OH NO a company wants to make money. LCS and VCS are Sony exclusive titles, did you moan about that? This is the same, except Microsoft are the ones who paid up. Main point is, Rockstar said they wanted to do something big with DLC and not just a few extras, this required time and more work, they were also taking a gamble, this is the first time they've attempted a large DLC project, so they wanted the companies to support them. Sony refused, Microsoft stepped in and then offered $50 Mil, which was more than enough. With this they've split it up and are now funding the two DLC projects with Microsofts money. The money earnt from GTA IV is being used by the rest of Take 2 for every other thing.

So relax, chill out, have a cup of coffee and stop stressing over this, Rockstar arn't some holy company who love fans, no company is, companies love money. For now TLAD and Episode 2 are 360 exclusives. If you REALLY want to play them, put your fanboyism aside and invest in a 360 if you're that desperate to play them.
Gash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009   #62
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Sextein, I know you're pissed off with this, but at the end of the day, one company made sure they would get what they wanted, the other didn't, and like it or not, you're going to have to deal with it one way or another.

Rockstar aren't 'sleeping with Microsoft', they need money, and so do Microsoft. The $50mil from MS is to try and get more back from sales, and of course, Rockstar are getting $50mil to both fund the DLC and maybe use some of it on other things. I can guarantee some die-hard GTA PS3 fans will switch to 360 just to experience the DLC, and that's what MS want. As well as people purchasing their DLC to begin with.
Old 01-27-2009   #63
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I can think of 50 million reasons why this will stay only on Xbox.

I want it on PS3 too but alas, money talks.
Old 01-27-2009   #64
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
Please try to understand that I am not stessing out just because I type a bunch of shit. I am just that way. I always type a ton of crap to get my point across. I am unhappy about it yes and so I am writing about it here where I knew some people would be interested in discussing it. I am not freaking out or crying about it as some seem to think.

Just so you know, I am now officially the owner of an Xbox 360 elite system. Does it change my opinion? No. Here is the thing I don't get. I understand the idea of buying the product that means the best value to you as an individual and I understand that many people here seem to think that Microsoft is making their systems better by throwing their money around. Don't any of you think that they are being shady about this? Do you want to know why Microsoft gave Rockstar 50 million? It's because of Sony. It's the competition that causes companies to spend extra cash and do all of this funding that you guys are so happy about and once they destroy that competition by paying off companies like rockstar rather than building better game systems like they are supposed be doing then the competition won't be there anymore and you are going to be left with a single company that has problems building stable systems in the first place and has no reason to help lazy developers who can't develope games on their own.

For the last time, I AM NOT A FANBOY. Honestly I don't like consoles and it gets under my skin that I had to buy 2 of them to get a couple games I like. Especially when GTA was on the PS3 and running fine. I find it highly annoying that anyone who displays disinterest or negativity towards Microsoft or Xbox is now labled a fan boy. I think it's because all the kids that have no patience went out a bought the first next gen game system on the market and suddenly anything else is crap and if you don't agree then you are a pointless fanboy. That is how it seems today. When I grew up there were no fanboys or an internet for them to gather at. I just find it funny that I am labled a fanboy when I only play like 5 console games total and I generally hate controllers and crap maintsream technology.

Was I pissed when the PSP exclusive titles were released? No because they were announced as exclusive games for the PSP. Like I said if GTA 4 was announced for the Xbox 360 only then I would not have been pissed about it. It's the fact that it was released on both games systems at the same time and now one version is getting the special treatment because of a payoff. Yes it's DLC content but so is everything on steam. All the DLC is, is an expansion pack. DLC is Rockstar's job in my opinion. They can make it and make a prophit or they can choose not to make it and make no prophit. It's up to them and it should have nothing to do with Microsoft. Yes Microsoft's ridiculous spending habit of buying off everything and everyone in the industry is helping you and now me but pretty soon the competition won't be there and you won't see anything but overpriced crap because of it.

My main problem was not that I didin't want to spend the money though that is annoying, but my main problem was simply helping Microsoft continue it's corporate BS until there is nothing left but them. I wouldn't be suprissed if there were Microsoft tooth brushes at the local stores around here. They don't win by making a better product, they simply pay off other companies like rockstar to win for them and it irks me. It's like I said about the polititions. They offer hand outs and people are all about them and toss their vote out. Then they get into office and people are forced to deal with the retard they voted into office. Ironic I think.

I like GTA alot and I caved in and bought a 360 but I am not happy about it and I certainly don't see Microsoft as a good company that is taking care of it's customers. If they were they would build a system that didn't break down every year and add in things like HD video and WIFI to their systems. The great game selection has nothing to do with them. That is the job of companies like Rockstar. They make the fun games and Microsoft makes the great hardware to run it on. Why people are happy that Microsoft is paying off a game developer is beyond me. Rockstar could make 15 DLC's without any help from an outside source and if they had anything to do with GTA they would have a very low risk of losing money on those projects.

Lastly, Developers will make their game for the system that has the most customers and they will port it to the other systems if the customer base is worth the extra money it costs to port the game. So the game system that is the best will get the most customers and therefore the most games. A console manufacturer should not have to pay a developer to make games for their system and certainly not when their system is already the most popular. It's the simple fact that the PS3 is starting to sell more units and Microsoft also wants anyone who owns both systems to purchase the game on theirs instead. That decision should be left up to the consumer not Microsoft's money. Now I own both systems but shouldn't I be the one to choose which one I buy it on instead of letting microsoft choose for me. Or in my case force me to buy their system to play it.

EDIT:

One last thing, I do feel that GTA 4 on the Xbox 360 is a better looking version of the game. I am happy about that. The graphic drivers for the ATI graphic card are a little too aggresive in my opinion. You can see shadows flicker and sometimes buildings or the lights on a building will dissapear while the object is still visable on screen. Also there are more graphic bugs on the Xbox 360. However, overall I feel that the game just looks higher resolution and the blur effect is not half as strong as it is on the PS3. Dispite the graphic card's quirks I still think the Xbox 360 version looks better and after installing it on the Xbox hardrive it loads up faster than my PS3 version does off of it's hardrive. I am happy about that.

Last edited by the_sextein; 01-28-2009 at 12:28 AM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #65
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post

In anycase I am checking out the black 360 elite system. I need the HDMI/1080P specs to take advantage of my TV. It's kinda lame that there is no WIFI or rechargable contoller battery included with the system especially since it doesn't come with HDDVD or Blueray either. I'll admit the 120gig hardrive is alot more space than I could ever need so atleast that is nice. One thing is for sure, if I buy one I am getting the extended warrenty from Best Buy cause everyone I know that owns a 360 has had to return it at least two times since they bought it. That is another thing holding me back. I don't like buying bad electronics. It may be a great game system but it has proven to be a faulty design that clearly is not stable.

if your thinking that the extended warranty covers the red ring problem it does not they quit doing that around last august but it covers anything else that goes wrong with the system. which is kind of bad cus if im not mistaken most of the things that go wrong with it hardware wise will actually show up as a red ring and when best buy "tests" your system to see whats wrong with it all there gonna see is a red ring and tell you they cant cover it rather then seeing if its the real red ring that has been messing up all the systems lately. also everyone says all these things about faulty games going to the 360 and how much better the pc is for gaming and yadda yadda all i see for pc games that can maybe be a bonus is the ability to mod other then that same graphics and worst controls so if someone on here can tell me on how pc gamin is so much better i would like to know

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #66
Gash_735

Gash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeGash_735 has a reputation beyond repute
the_sextein: Chill out, you've contradicted yourself more than a few times in that post. I called you a fanboy because, no, you're not just showing slight negativity towards it, you're writing fucking articles about how Microsoft are poisoning the market and shaping the world in their image , I called you a fanboy, so you said I must only own a 360 and I'm bitter because I rushed out and purchased the first console? I own all 3 current gen consoles, the DS and a PSP and run games on my computer whenever I can, guess that blows your theory out of the water.

Also, you said you wasn't bothered by Sony snapping up the Stories games because they said it was exclusive from the start, well, Microsoft said they had exclusive content WAY before the game was released, so, what was your point on that one?

So chill out man, stop bitching because you think Microsoft is the Nazi Revolution and if you seriously can write that much about nothing, then start writing a book man!
Old 01-28-2009   #67
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I think if Sony paid $50 million for exclusive DLC you probably wouldn't have batted an eyelid, as was the case with many GTA fans who stuck by Sony when they got LCS and VCS exclusive to their respective systems. I can easily understand why this would annoy you, but at the end of the day, one company set themselves a target and reached it. From my understanding Sony didn't even bother about DLC to begin with (don't quote me on that one >.>).
Old 01-28-2009   #68
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
Actually ash I already knew that you had all of the systems. I have spoken with you in the past and you told me about your PS3 and what you wanted to buy on it. I remember I asked you about buying the PC version as well. Also like I said at the very beginning of my last post I simply type alot to get my point across. I didn't contradict myself it seems that you are too interested in winning an arguement than looking at it from a differant angle. I'll say it for the third time. If GTA 4 was Xbox 360 only I would not have a problem with this. It's that Xbox payed off rockstar for special treatment and I simply don't agree with console developers interfering with the natrual flow of game availablility.

Lastly thenotsogoodtrickster your right if the system I owned it on had the content available I would not have came on here and wrote about it. I would still think it shady that Rockstar wouldn't make it's game and sell them to us rather than making deals with console developers and screwing us in the meantime. But in the end I think it is you guys who want to believe that all is fine just because it's not screwing you right now.

Oh and I could care less about reputation system and have never used it a single time in my life but it would seem that people don't want to discuss this or I am pissing others off with my long posts so I guess I will call and end to it. I would like to mention though that while I am upset with Microsofts decision and I really didn't want to support them in this situation that I don't think Microsoft is the nazi revolution nor have I decided to stop purchasing from them. I just don't agree with this situation that is all.
Old 01-28-2009   #69
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I think you're putting too much negative judgement towards Microsoft. Don't forget that Rockstar accepted their offer.

It was clearly announced well before release that Microsoft had secured exclusive episodic DLC for $50,000,000 as well.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #70
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

DLC has been treated as a new game rather than an add-on, and I can vision that easily, as an add-on would probably end up in Niko continuing his story, but it doesn't in this case (well, it would seem not, anyway).

Quote:
But in the end I think it is you guys who want to believe that all is fine just because it's not screwing you right now.
Actually, you'll find most people don't think it's all that fair itself, but the point is that Sony didn't stretch themselves to secure the DLC for themselves, I think you should be more mad with Sony than Rockstar and Microsoft, because if Rockstar never had that $50mil, then who's to say their DLC would just be a new car and weapon or two?

Look, yes, you aren't happy, but remember what I quoted can be taken and pushed back into your own face, as I doubt you'd be here typing about how shady it is for Rockstar to go to Sony instead if that was the case.

I didn't hear any Sony fans complaining when LCS and VCS got their little exclusive deal.

I can tell you what I think is fair though, the company that stuck their neck out getting what they wanted, and the company who wanted a big payoff got what they wanted, and the fans that stuck with XBox (for whatever reasons they chose) also got what they wanted.

Last edited by thenotsogoodtrickster; 01-28-2009 at 01:46 PM..
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009   #71
Gash_735

the_sextein, you clearly have something against Microsoft, I know I didn't imagine that as Olin and tnsgt confirmed it, MS DID say from the beginning that they'd have exclusive content. If anyone is at fault here, then it's you, you're the one who bought the PS3 because you wanted to play GTA4 without the wait for the PC version? Now you may of wanted a Blu-ray player too in which case, you made a good choice. But people knew before the game was released which console would have the DLC. Ok, I'm not argueing with you, I don't even care about what you're saying, I'm just pointing out contradictions with your posts. So just let it drop, ok, we all knew from the start, writing 10 page articles about it now isn't going to change anything.
Old 01-28-2009   #72
the_sextein

OK FAIR IS FAIR I WILL STOP POSTING ABOUT IT, I promise but I do want one more chance to explain myself before I stop. I will address each of you one at a time so there is no confusion. If you guys have anything to say then cool, I’ll come back and read it but I will stop posting in here. This is my last one.

thenotsogoodtrickster:
I do truly feel that it is not Microsofts place to be paying 3rd party publishers behind closed doors when the game isn't even out yet and I think it's naive to feel that Microsoft is doing a good thing or fighting for it's customers. It's just plain wrong and I think many people are willing to just look the other way and keep on walking because it benefits them. I don't care if it benefits me or not I see it for what it is and I won't change my mind regardless of weather or not I benefit from it. If it's wrong then it's wrong. Simple as that. I do thank you for being polite while countering my opinions you are surly the only one.

Ash:

I don't have a problem purchasing things from Microsoft if Microsoft made a good product. I don't like it when Microsoft pays people off to work for them and then once the competition fails they have no reason to pay people off anymore so they start putting out sub-par crap just to keep the money flow flowing. You continuously call me a fan boy in almost every thread despite the fact that I don't even care about consoles. I agree with you it is my fault that I didn't have an Xbox 36o. I bought a PS3 and I don't regret that decision and now I have a 360 which cost the same amount and has less features. I’m not happy that I had to buy it in order to play a few games but that is life.

The reason I continue to post and the main point I have been trying to make has nothing to do with the fact that I had to buy an Xbox 360. That is part of the reason why we are not seeing eye to eye. It's like you don't get what I am trying to say. Me buying an Xbox 360 is simply a negative effect of corporate greed which is the point I am trying to make. I think it's bullshit what they a have done and I have spoken my opinion. You guys can call me a fanboy or a Microsoft hater or a crybaby it doesn't matter. Most people revert to calling names when they have no argument.

In your last post you said I was implying that you were a fanboy and that I was full of it because you own all 3 systems. Well, that is not what I was implying. I was simply saying that I think people who call other people fanboys every time someone disagrees with them are pathetic. You simply took it the wrong way. How do you measure up to your own standards when you called me a fanboy and I own all three systems as well?

Olin:

I think you are right. I made more negative comments about Microsoft than I needed to, I admit that, however I did acknowledge that the blame was possibly Rockstar’s fault in my second post.

The bottom line is, yes I knew the DLC was Xbox 360 only and I misjudged how big it was going to be. When I found out it was large I realized that the shady deal between Microsoft and Rockstar wasn't just some marketing ploy but that I was going to be forced to either miss two full fledged expansion packs or buy a 360. That was when I was faced with the decision of supporting a company who is clearly in the wrong in order to get what I want or miss out and give MS the middle finger for screwing me over. It was my decision and so now I have payed the extra cash to get the system that will run it. However I bought a PS3 for more than just GTA so it's not like I would have chosen differantly had I known what they were releasing in the DLC from the start. My problem is that the deal is shady and if that deal didn't go down I would not have gotten fucked over it.

I admit I made a mistake when judging the DLC at the start but that was never my argument. I simply feel that it was wrong to do what they have done and I believe that Rockstar would have done a large quality expansion on their own for both systems if a certain someone didn't offer a large amount of money. I could be wrong. Maybe they would have released a small DLC if it wasn't paid for by another company but that doesn't sound like a very good game developer if they have to rely on under the table cash from console manufacturers just to make expansion packs for games they already funded on their own. Especially since GTA 4 is 5 times larger and has made them much more rich than they were before they started funding the game.

I didn't buy any consoles until GTA 4 came out because that was the first console game to come out that I actually cared about. The PS3 was worth $400 to me because it had a $400 blu-ray player and a rechargable battery pack for he controller and a WIFI adapter and it also had Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy 13 comming out for it. 13 was not announced for the 360 at that time. It's graphics are very close to the 360's. With the 360 I got similar graphics with none of the extras for the same price. In the end I didn't need the system for anything so it was annoying to have to get one for a DLC that most likly would have been released on the PS3 if it were not for a sack of money.

I am very calm. I relax hardcore when I type huge posts and I also am not hateful towards anyone. I get annoyed like everyone else but I do try to stay cool about it. I am not pissed about either PSP or the Nintendo DS excusive. Those games were agreed upon between rockstar and each company as exclusive deals for their system. GTA 4 is not an Xbox 360 exclusive but the 360 is getting major expansion content and the only reason standing is the money and I think everyone knows it. Weather you believe that Rockstar would not have made it if they were not given 50 million from a company that owes them nothing is up to you but I don't think they would have a problem considering the money they have made from GTA 4 and just the mention of GTA would sell when it comes to DLC. Honestly I don't think a company that relies on money to be given to them in order to release an expansion pack would be able to even make a good GTA game.I think Microsoft would not be willing to give away an amount that large if they were just being buddy buddy with Rockstar. They were making it worth not selling as many copies in my opinion. Just me maybe but it's cool I'm out and I hope nobody has any hard feelings. Later.

Last edited by the_sextein; 01-29-2009 at 12:05 AM..
Old 01-29-2009   #73
Gash_735

Since you're relaxed, I'll let you off, your whole posts are just about not liking what MS have done, believe me, each company is to blame, I don't agree with a lot of things Sony do, especially being too laid back this generation and losing soo many exclusives rather than putting up a fight for them against Microsoft. For example, Tekken 6 was developed and designed on the PS3s Hardware and was suppose to come out this March, but Micosoft waved some money at them and now Namco/Bandai are porting it to the 360, which has also pushed the PS3 release back to DECEMBER!

But I must stress, this is EXACTLY the same as LCS/VCS, you shouldn't be angry at Rockstar or Microsoft as the deal was done the same way LCS and VCS was, Sony got them under exclusive contract for all Sony platforms for an unknown amount of money. This generation, Microsoft have done the same, except rather than seperate sold games, they are DLC Expansion Packs. You admitted yourself that YOU mistook how large this DLC was actually going to be, when Microsoft and Rockstar always said it was going to be something big long before GTA IV was released. Once again it's your own mistake that's lead to these mis-informed rants. Sorry for calling you a fanboy though, you just seemed to be very negative against one company.

I'll admit, Microsoft buying all sorts is a 50/50 thing, it can be good and it can be bad. As long as they have the money to invest, they will try all they can to get games on their console, why? So more people will buy it and enjoy more games on it. All companies have made stupid choices, like Sony between 2005-2007, where the PS3 was barely a Games Console and just pushed as a Media Entertainment Center. My only gripe with your posts is that you're argueing about something that was made clear from the start and it's your own error that's led to you feeling fucked over.
Old 02-23-2009   #74
Shazly

Shazly is on a distinguished roadShazly is on a distinguished road
there r now rumors sayin that sony will announce gta iv dlc for ps3 in e3 09 .. i just hope they're true

Shazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #75
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
I doubt it.
I'd like to see where you have seen these "rumors"
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote