Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2009   #1
IllusionMPN

IllusionMPN is an unknown quantity at this point
GTAHQ Interviews Bloodhound Director "Brotha"

We had a chance to talk with the director of the newest GTAIV film to be released, Brotha. Here is a snippet of the interview.

GTAHQ.net: Iíd like to first start off by thanking you for taking the time to sit down with us for this interview. The reason we are sitting down today is to talk about your new video that has just been released called ďBloodhoundĒ. Before we really dive into the questions can you provide us with a little background on yourself and where you are from?

Brotha: Sure, first of all -thank you for having me! Iím a 19-year old guy thatís interested in movies, and movie productions. I live in Sweden and Iíve been a GTA fan ever since I fell in love with GTA 2. Iíve especially been interested in the multimedia parts of the franchise, such as artworks, trailers and other related art. Iím sure practically no one had heard of me before summer of 2007, when I ďrose to fameĒ with the trailer recreations I did for GTA IV. These last few years Iíve gotten more and more interested in making videos within the games, since there are pretty good oppurtunities and tools to create cool videos with.

GTAHQ: Could you give us some info on what Bloodhound is about? Any inspiration for creating this movie?

Brotha: Itís a machinima movie, that I think is a bit different than others weíve seen. Many machinimas are cram-packed with action and look cool, and thatís it. Iíve tried to make Bloodhound resemble more a real movie, than just random scenes with action. in Bloodhound youíll see dialogues, action sequences, and a storyline that sets the foundation for the movie. All scenes move the story forward in one way or another, so by watching the movie you will see something that starts the storyline, something that moves the storyline, and at last Ė something that ends the storyline. Another thing is realism, as an example: You wonít see Niko carrying a rocketlauncher, unless you actually see how the hell he got one in the first place. That doesnít mean you wonít see any action in the movie, thereís plenty of it.
As for inspiration, I havenít looked at any particular movies. I have however utilized some action Šla-Die hard 4. The camerawork also resembles common hollywood techniques with fast, rapid camera switches during action scenes and such.

To read the full interview, click here! If you would like to download the 20 minute long video, click here!