Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Troubleshooting & Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2009   #1
Kaity
Average Girl Gamer

Kaity is on a distinguished roadKaity is on a distinguished road
RGSCLauncher.exe How to Stop it autostarting?

Hi all,

Your resident empty headed 'blonde on the inside' girl gamer here

I like to run my pc lean, and I do many other things with the wee beastie than just play GTA:IV, so I don't want RGSCLauncher.exe auto launching whenever Windows XP starts (am running Pro, SP3), and I am lazy to keep manually Exiting it (and dont see why I should have to, after all, its My PC not theirs, I want control of it!).

I have tried stopping it using Your Unintstaller 2008 PRO, but it just re-adds itself.

Any ideas or suggestions (besides uninstalling GTA:IV, before some smart alec comes up with that one)?

Kaity
Kaity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Weird, i simply disabled the entry and it stayed closed.

Main Menu > Run > msconfig

There should be a "Startup" tab in the window that just opened. There you should be able to easily identify the RSGC application and disable the start.

Remember, just unclick the box next to the thing you want to disable.

Hopefully this should help
Old 02-02-2009   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Or, Log into it, minimize it, then right click the icon in the taskbar (takes a while to display because it's badly coded software) and you should see an option "Run when Windows Starts", uncheck that and the program will remove itself from start up and stay off. The only time I use it is when I play GTA IV.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009   #4
Kaity
Average Girl Gamer

Kaity is on a distinguished roadKaity is on a distinguished road
Lol thanks guys, specially Ash, either I still need to dye my hair blonde or get glasses!
Kaity is offline   Reply With Quote