Old 12-07-2008   #1
Umut
Newbie Member

Umut is an unknown quantity at this point
Freeze problem ( Ati x1650 )

Hi all. I bought gta 4 yesterday

I installed it to my computer. I runned the game and I see I got too much freezes in very low quality....

My system is

32 bit Vista SP1
AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 6000+ 3.01 ghz
2,00 GB ddr2
Ati Radeon x1650 512 mb graphic card

I played all games ( oblivion, asasins creed, CoD 4, medieval 2 and more... ) with this system in medium or high quailty without any freezes or another things.

my system isnt enought for gta 4? or I got another problem?

please post your thinks and answers
Umut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #2
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
that system is enough for it just barely for lowest detail

Be sure you have the latest drivers and direct X installed.

Good luck

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #3
millsa1
Newbie Member

millsa1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Gta iv prob

hey Gamers

I have been having the same probs as this guy i just updated my hard drive to a 500gb and my cpu to a
AMD X2 6000 3.01Ghz My specs now are...

AMD X2 6000 3.01Ghz Dual Core
2Gb of DDr2 Ram
Nivida 512mb 8800gt
500gb hard drive
80gb hard drive

and as well it shuts down the game when it gets to much lag and says it has closed the problem cause of an error. Does anybody have any information that could help me and the guy with the same prob???
Any feed back would be great!!
millsa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #4
HomoSapiens
Newbie Member

HomoSapiens is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys, I have

AMD 4000+ 2.1Ghz
3Gb DDRAM
ATI Radeon x1650 512Mb

I have the same problem as Umut and I uninstalled my old Ati drivers 8.5 then installed the new ones 8.12. It didn't crash for an hour or so when it started to appear some squares around player and moved slowly, it didn't freeze completely so I was able to quit not to reset the computer. The new drivers seems not very optimized. If someone found a better solution to the problem please post. Thanks
HomoSapiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #5
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomoSapiens View Post
Hey guys, I have

AMD 4000+ 2.1Ghz
3Gb DDRAM
ATI Radeon x1650 512Mb

I have the same problem as Umut and I uninstalled my old Ati drivers 8.5 then installed the new ones 8.12. It didn't crash for an hour or so when it started to appear some squares around player and moved slowly, it didn't freeze completely so I was able to quit not to reset the computer. The new drivers seems not very optimized. If someone found a better solution to the problem please post. Thanks
is this problem happening on the 1.0.2.0 GTA4 patch? I'm asking cause you made this forum post around the same time it released

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009   #6
smegmusmagnus

smegmusmagnus is on a distinguished roadsmegmusmagnus is on a distinguished roadsmegmusmagnus is on a distinguished road
the day GTA IV came out I upgraded from ATI 1650, which I had run Oblivion and Assassins' Creed on quite nicely (was also doing a passable job with Age of Conan).

was using Vista Home Premium SP 1 32-bit
Intel Duel Core 3.20 Duo
ATI 1650 512 DDR2
2g RAM

anyway, upgraded to ATI 4570 (1g DDR3) and ran GTA IV very nicely---most settings medium - high; this got quite minimal lag

ATI 4570 burned out (twice!-each lasted about 1 month)

before ATI cards burned out I upgraded to an Asus motherboard and a Pentium Duel Core Quad 2.8, and 4g DDR2---game ran smooth as silk with all settings maxed.

Today, I exchanged 2nd ATI 4570 for nVidea 9800 GT(OC) 1g DDR3 and game is beautiful and smooth (hope card holds!)

I have used ATI for years; oh well, see how this new card works.

Moral of the story: you guys will not find peace in GTA IV with the systems you have described.

Good luck
smegmusmagnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009   #7
HomoSapiens
Newbie Member

HomoSapiens is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes Nite I installed the last patch for GTA IV before posting here but I still have the problem. I know the system is a little too weak for GTA IV. I think the problem is the overheating, I'll go today and check some new graphic cards. I read on another thread that ATI 3870 512Mb goes pretty smooth. I also experienced that when I deactivate Norton AutoProtection while playing I can play longer, he he without lagging or freezing

Last edited by HomoSapiens; 01-25-2009 at 03:03 AM..
HomoSapiens is offline   Reply With Quote