Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009   #31
crowbar129
Newbie Member

crowbar129 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

My game runs fine without the "Alice" + "Bodyguard" things. But as soon as I got them installed, my game goes (crash) back to desktop after the loading sequence. Is it because I don't use the official patch? (I click no everytime), I don't use it because when I used it once I had to reinstall the game because my game ran a lot slower.

If it's not patch related, I have no clue what it is.

Greetz,

crowbar

Last edited by crowbar129; 01-10-2009 at 04:44 PM..
crowbar129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #32
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Yeah I'm pretty sure you need the official patch to be able to use Alice.

you can try using this as an ASI loader, instead of alice: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=388658
but i cant confirm itll work without v1.01 of gta iv
Old 01-10-2009   #33
crowbar129
Newbie Member

I guess I gotta try my luck and install the patch, the option above didn't work because it won't let me login on my account (Windows), which is what it does (disable online functions).

EDIT: NVM that, I forgot something in the readme, retrying.

Last edited by crowbar129; 01-10-2009 at 04:58 PM..
Old 01-10-2009   #34
UnknownProjects

UnknownProjects is on a distinguished roadUnknownProjects is on a distinguished roadUnknownProjects is on a distinguished road
Could you make a settings .ini and possibly make it so you can change the hotkeys?
This currently conflicts with some buttons in dualCores trainer,
Now he does have a .ini that you can change hotkeys but i like them where they are at.

Also that would be cool if you could make a ingame gui, or talk with dualCore about him making a menu and throwing this into his trainer to .
UnknownProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #35
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
unknownprojects, sorry but i cant seem to figure out how to get the .ini read at the moment. i mean i know the code necessary, its just i'm having trouble implementing it with aru's C++ Script Hook. dualcore and i are using two different methods of creating ASI files, he's not using the script hook. it may be a little longer before i can get the .ini reading down, sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 01-10-2009   #36
UnknownProjects

UnknownProjects is on a distinguished roadUnknownProjects is on a distinguished roadUnknownProjects is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
unknownprojects, sorry but i cant seem to figure out how to get the .ini read at the moment. i mean i know the code necessary, its just i'm having trouble implementing it with aru's C++ Script Hook. dualcore and i are using two different methods of creating ASI files, he's not using the script hook. it may be a little longer before i can get the .ini reading down, sorry for the inconvenience.
Oh well he uses a C++ with direct x hooking to get the trainer to have an in-game gui i believe.
And thats cool if you can't really get it to work...

I might just replace his default keys and use yours.
UnknownProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #37
rappo
Professional Dumbass

the new version of his trainer makes my game crash, i wouldnt want to go through all that stuff the script hook is pretty reliable and simple, so i'm just going to stick with that. if you'd like me to make you a customized version of the keystroke maps i wouldnt mind doing that at all. send me a private message if youre interested, and i can send you the custom ASI file
Old 01-10-2009   #38
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
this is a really cool mod. With this fighting the cops is going to be so much fun and missions with alot of targets. this is cool
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #39
CoMPMStR

CoMPMStR is on a distinguished roadCoMPMStR is on a distinguished road
hey rappo, would you mind sharing the source? I'd like to make an Alice script of this if you don't mind sharing. Unless you want to make the script, or you can PM it to me if you don't want the src all public. I won't distribute if you don't want.
CoMPMStR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #40
crowbar129
Newbie Member

I got mine working now, the patch was needed. And somehow, the patch seems to run right now and no loss of fps now lol :S. Thx for help.

EDIT: My views:

It's a really cool feature, however I found a tiny bug:
-When I spawn someone with a bat, and I attack someone, suddenly out of nowhere he shoots him with an mp5 :S (I suppose this is cause you gave everyone a mp5 to use in the car for a drive-by.

Last edited by crowbar129; 01-11-2009 at 05:24 AM..
Old 01-11-2009   #41
kilwaxoni
Newbie Member

kilwaxoni is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome mod , congratulations rappo !

I'm just wondering if there is a way to make the bodyguards automaticly pick up a car or whatever near them to follow you when you'r car is full . That would be rly fun to see 30 car or bikes that follow you in the streets.

Thanks for this great mod ! keep working on it !

(sry for my bad english)
kilwaxoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #42
notodd1991
Newbie Member

notodd1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowbar129 View Post

-When I spawn someone with a bat, and I attack someone, suddenly out of nowhere he shoots him with an mp5 :S (I suppose this is cause you gave everyone a mp5 to use in the car for a drive-by.

I have that same bug even when i pick UZI for them to use they have a mp5
notodd1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #43
rappo
Professional Dumbass

when you say they use an MP5 after you pick Uzi, is that on foot, in car, or both?
Old 01-11-2009   #44
crowbar129
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
when you say they use an MP5 after you pick Uzi, is that on foot, in car, or both?
Since notodd1991 and I have the same problem, I guess I can answer this.

Yes, both ways do they have an mp5. On foot he only favors another gun IF it's stronger than a mp5 (M4, Ak47, rpg etc.). So for example, if I just want him to have a bat, he'll never use it.

Last edited by crowbar129; 01-11-2009 at 12:43 PM..
Old 01-11-2009   #45
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Thanks, I see that now, too. I guess it's just the AI doing that - I'll see if I can fix that.