Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2009   #16
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
aight i updated the mod. here are the new features:
  • Discard all guards: once discarded, they will simply walk off and act as pedestrians. When they are far enough out of your view, they will disappear.
  • Change character model: there are about 340 models to choose from - everyone from Ricky Gervais to strippers!
  • Change weapon: choose which weapon you want your next guard to spawn with.
  • Toggle invincibility: spawn your next guard as invincible or mortal.

Download here
Old 01-10-2009   #17
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
- Discarding all Guards while in a vehicle lead to a CTD on my game

I'll update post if i find anything later
Old 01-10-2009   #18
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
RAPPO!!!! It's cooooooool,I love this mod,very useful+powerful ect...
Old 01-10-2009   #19
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Xan: Were you in a mission by any chance? It works fine for me if I'm in a car - they either just walk out or get scared like a normal ped and run out when I come to a stop.
Old 01-10-2009   #20
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Non mission, just freeroaming around

I guess it was just GTA IV being unstable, no worries then

edit:

crashed again; Tried to release my guys after a couple went crazy again to kill me, 6 stars, Shift + F4 resulted in a crash. Tried to release them again and crashed, so it's not looking very stable for me atm.

Also, everytime i load a savegame i have to kill a couple of people. If i don't then every guard spawned will be running away from me if i hit a pedestrian. Exiting the vehicle and killing someone then spawning guard works for me.

But leads me to my next problem. Those runners don't always take effect and completely despawn, because the game then thinks there is still someone going to be a passenger in the vehicle and that means the rest of the guards i can actually use will stand there. No supposed space that's used by someone else, no go.

A video for the Scared Bodyguards: http://www.xfire.com/video/61897/

Mortal Bodyguards: Seem to have almost no HP at all, someone bumping into them is enough to kill them. Most die during spawn if they collide on another bodyguard and get physics damage. Not sure if this is intended or not:

http://www.xfire.com/video/618dd/

Last edited by Xan; 01-10-2009 at 07:06 AM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #21
RnA
Newbie Member

RnA is an unknown quantity at this point
rappo, in the first version of script your bodyguards had 2 slots of guns, when your bodyguard got in your car he had uzi and when he got off he had another gun, but in new version you can give to your bofyguard onle one gun, can you do 2 slots for gun?
RnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #22
rappo
Professional Dumbass

xan: thanks for the reports, i'll keep trying it out. as for the HP, i updated that about 20 minutes after the news post, you can redownload to fix that up (at least it should)

RnA: i initially did that but the problem is, theres no way to control which one theyll actually use. i gave them an MP5 plus something else and they always just pulled out the MP5. i can keep looking if theres a way to control it though.
Old 01-10-2009   #23
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
There are 2 problems for me,when my guards are in the car,they won't shoot,beside this,with the previous version,they would shoot from in the car,the another one is after I spawn above 15 times,game crashes...

Edit: Another problem,game crashes when disguarding above 8 times

Last edited by behzad_sol; 01-10-2009 at 09:41 AM..
behzad_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #24
rappo
Professional Dumbass

I'll address what I've seen with Xan's issues: I think that the guards abandon you and run off if they're invincible and near death. For your version, they could get easily hurt, so that might have explained why all those Johnny's ran out of your car :p I'm raising the health even more now, so that you don't get all these runaways so quickly. Also I found that after they run away and you try to discard, THAT is when you get game crashes. I'll see if I can fix that crash.

behzad_sol: the guards will only do driveby's if you equip them with a pistol, MP5, grenade, or molotov. As I said in my other post I'm going to see if I can give them secondary weapons without them always choosing it.

As for the spawning over 15 guards - that is not something I can reproduce. It may be your computer, I'm not sure. If all you're doing is spawning 15 guars right off the bat and it crashes, that doesn't happen for me. Same with discarding over 8 guards - it might have been another issue.
Old 01-10-2009   #25
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

Ok man,I'll try to find the issue
Old 01-10-2009   #26
sasagd
Most inactive Member

sasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enough
This mod is awesome rappo, congrats.
My game also crashes when I dismiss my guards but other than that no problems, only fun stuff, I laughed so hard when my guard kattie said "I'm not a violent person" just before shooting at the cops.

English is not my native language, so please, forgive any mistakes.
I'm Back!! (kinda)
sasagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #27
rappo
Professional Dumbass

thanks! glad you like it. i'm going to a release a stabler version later today - no new features, just some bug fixes - that will hopefully fix your game crashes
Old 01-10-2009   #28
noobwannabe
Newbie Member

noobwannabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Rappo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
thanks! glad you like it. i'm going to a release a stabler version later today - no new features, just some bug fixes - that will hopefully fix your game crashes
I dont know if this is a bug but everytime after I reload my game when I fail to complete a mission the bodygoard mod doesnt work anymore, i pressed all the spawning / weapon etc buttons but none worked, if you have time can you look into this? Thanks.
noobwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009   #29
rappo
Professional Dumbass

made some bug fixes and added another feature. hopefully it'll fix a lot of the crashes you guys had:
- Fixed bug where game would crash if you had too many dead guards
- Fixed bug where guards turned on you or each other
- Guards now get an MP5 no matter what other weapon you choose so that they can perform driveby's

same download link: http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/g...ript-mods/1950

noobwannabe: if this version doesnt fix it for you, im not sure if i can fix that. it might be an issue with the ASI loader to be honest :p i can check out some other ASI scripts to see if theyre able to do it, and see what i'm doing differently if so
Old 01-10-2009   #30
sasagd
Most inactive Member

sasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enoughsasagd will become famous soon enough
rappo you are awesome, this is by far the best GTA 4 mod I have seen so far, and thanks for the updates and for listening to feedback.

English is not my native language, so please, forgive any mistakes.
I'm Back!! (kinda)
sasagd is offline   Reply With Quote