Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2009   #1
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
[REL] GTA IV Bodyguard Mod

With the recent release of aru's C++ Script Hook, I've had an easier time making higher level mods for GTA IV. Throughout the day I've been working on a new one that I thought some of you would enjoy:

Version History
Current Version - January 10, 2009
- Fixed bug where game would crash if you had too many dead guards
- Fixed bug where guards turned on you or each other
- Guards now get an MP5 no matter what other weapon you choose so that they can perform driveby's

January 9, 2009
- Reworked controls
- Added ability to discard all guards, who will disappear when you're far enough away
- Added ability to change guard character models (340 models), invincibility, and weapons

v0.2 - January 7, 2009
Fixed bug that didn't allow users without a certain .dll plugin to run the script
Gave guards MP5's so that they can perform driveby shootings

Right now, this script allows you to spawn bodyguards in-game by pressing F7. These guards all come wielding an M4 rifle, and they're ready to use it. Anybody that begins to attack you, such as police officers, will get taken down by these guards. These invincible guards with great accuracy will also be your enemies' top targets.

In this version of the script, the guards' character models are all the same, and they all have the same weapon, but future versions will hopefully allow the user to choose how to spawn guards. This version was more of a test for myself, but it worked pretty nicely so I figured I should share.

Enjoy, and stay tuned for some more updates!

UPDATE, JANUARY 9
i've updated the mod - same download link as before: http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/g...ript-mods/1950 here are the new features:
  • Discard all guards: once discarded, they will simply walk off and act as pedestrians. When they are far enough out of your view, they will disappear.
  • Change character model: there are about 340 models to choose from - everyone from Ricky Gervais to strippers!
  • Change weapon: choose which weapon you want your next guard to spawn with.
  • Toggle invincibility: spawn your next guard as invincible or mortal.

Old 01-07-2009   #2
RnA
Newbie Member

RnA is an unknown quantity at this point
rappo, readme says that i have to install GTAIV Script Hook 0.1m but how??? have you installed it?
RnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #3
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
You don't need to install the Script Hook - there is no such thing as installing the Script Hook, that is how I created the mod, so don't worry about it. You only need an ASI loader. I am using Alexander Blade's ASI loader:

Code:
Loading ASI C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\Alice.asi
ASI loaded : C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\Alice.asi, Address 0x03700000
Loading ASI C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\guards.asi
ASI loaded : C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\guards.asi, Address 0x03860000
Old 01-07-2009   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
They're like Dwaynes Guards, but less hassle and much more better. I will say one thing, for those of you struggling on Vigilante or Most Wanted, having some guards around really does make it easier. By the way, rappo, do these guys also carry any SMG's for Drive By's?
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #5
RnA
Newbie Member

RnA is an unknown quantity at this point
rappo,can you give the link to download Alexander Blade's ASI loader?

rappo, ive downloaded it, installed, put files from archive to the root of game but it doesnt work

Last edited by RnA; 01-07-2009 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
RnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #6
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Okay man, I understand. I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. Give me more than just two minutes.

edit: okay, Slim Trashman has the same tools as me installed and it won't work. I need to do some more research on this thing, which I can't do at the moment. I've removed the mod from the site, if anybody can continue to beta test it that would be great. Here's what I'm doing:

I use Windows XP SP3. I have Alice and Rick's XLive Wrapper installed (search our file archive or Google for links). I put guards.asi into the root GTA IV folder. The ASI log shows that it loads fine, as seen above, and it works perfectly in game. I will keep checking to see why I can run it but nobody else is able to.
Old 01-07-2009   #7
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
thats so cool. This will be a favorite for many i bet
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009   #8
rappo
Professional Dumbass

okay guys, it should work now. sorry to anybody that downloaded the previous version!
Old 01-07-2009   #9
phlipp
Mmmm, Onions

phlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished road
This is a great idea, do the guards spawn one by one? And is there a limit?
Old 01-07-2009   #10
rappo
Professional Dumbass

yeah they spawn one by one. each time you hit F7 a new one spawns. i didn't set a limit - the limit is how much your computer can handle! it sort of gets bothersome when you have more than 20, though. theyre all following niko, and they all try to get as close as possible when theyre not shooting. that means everybody bumps into each other and stuff. also for some reason when there are a lot they might begin turning on each other :p
Old 01-07-2009   #11
phlipp
Mmmm, Onions

phlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished road
Ahh so kinda like VC guards then? Lol
It would be cool if you could have more than four people on a bus. Bus driveby anyone aha
Old 01-08-2009   #12
GoonReb0rn
Newbie Member

GoonReb0rn is on a distinguished roadGoonReb0rn is on a distinguished road
Hi, Could I Please Have A link to Alexander Blade's ASI Loader as I have not found it after searching for hours
Thanks
GoonReb0rn
GoonReb0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #13
rappo
Professional Dumbass

you can just install Alice, it comes with an ASI loader: http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-iv/tools/1843
Old 01-09-2009   #14
GoonReb0rn
Newbie Member

GoonReb0rn is on a distinguished roadGoonReb0rn is on a distinguished road
Thanks So Much Man, this mod is awesome 10/10
GoonReb0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009   #15
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
The thing i love here is that they actually take cover and move intelligently. Something i couldn't say about Dwayne's bodyguards.

Aside from looking badass, the M4 assault rifles actually bring a bit of memories back from the Movie Heat and the famous Bank Heist scene. I had 1 guy run to me backwards with a constant burst of fire, 1 was firing from cover and as soon as the other one got close to me he decided to take cover behind a hotdog stand.

This mod is interesting enough just by looking at the AI do it's job