Old 01-02-2009   #1
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Maxishine maxes out GTAIV

Old 01-02-2009   #2
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I can put all the settings to high @ 1400 x 900, albeit I have to use the norestrictions command. Anyway, my point is that I still get a decent framerate, but it's not as impressives as you'd think. Even on everything at low, you're still looking at decent graphics. I suppose it's only higher resolutions when you start to appreciate the graphics though :/
Old 01-02-2009   #3
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
I really can't wait to see how it works on my Alienware m15x!
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Framerate was really jumpy started off in 20's, built up to 30, then jumped around between 30 and 60fps. Strange in the safe house he only was getting low 20's. Maxed at 1680x1050 I can get 60 inside, but still not nearly as good as his outside. He didn't max out render quality though...
Old 01-02-2009   #5
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Framerate was really jumpy started off in 20's, built up to 30, then jumped around between 30 and 60fps. Strange in the safe house he only was getting low 20's. Maxed at 1680x1050 I can get 60 inside, but still not nearly as good as his outside. He didn't max out render quality though...
Yeah, I noticed that too, though from experience you don't particulary need to. I also get a far worse framerate outside than inside though :/

Might just be his computer 'warming up' to GTA being played
Old 01-02-2009   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Yeah I was thinking the same, warming up to it. Maxed out render quality does make a bit of a difference though, need to look closely.
Old 01-02-2009   #7
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

I only see major differences between low, medium, and high. Very high and highest seem to be the same, and almost the same as high.
Old 01-02-2009   #8
GamerX5500

GamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished road
He could've used 2 x 1 GB video cards for 2,000 MB video memory. He doesn't know what resource usage is. LOL.
GamerX5500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #9
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
2560x1600 is a bit obsessive, if he dropped to 1680x1050 which is more than enough he would get more Draw Distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerX5500 View Post
He could've used 2 x 1 GB video cards for 2,000 MB video memory. He doesn't know what resource usage is. LOL.
SLI or Crossfire does not double your Video Ram so he is still limited to 1GB total.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 01-02-2009 at 06:46 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Quote:
He doesn't know what resource usage is. LOL.
Yes, that was the one thing in this video that had me puzzled...
Old 01-03-2009   #11
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but SLi or Crossfire only doubles your GPU and Memory clock, or triples, depends on how many you use, correct?
Old 01-03-2009   #12
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but SLi or Crossfire only doubles your GPU and Memory clock, or triples, depends on how many you use, correct?
yes thats correct

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote