Old 12-26-2008   #1
GamerX5500

GamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished road
RockStar Employees...

RockStar programmers of GTA 4 are pretty pissed when errors occur, resulting in a comment in a couple of files in the data.

One is: cj_images.txt located in "common\data" folder.

Here's line 1:

"# NOTE: The names and paths in this file are CASESENSITIVE on PS3 so don't fuck 'em up."
GamerX5500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #2
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
LOL. That is funny.
Old 12-26-2008   #3
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Not surprising in the least.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #4
GamerX5500

GamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
Not surprising in the least.
They must've failed in the PS3 version (as they did in the PC version) in order to keep that line in there.

Honestly, I laughed when I read this .

I'm a happy camper. GTA IV runs on my PC at about 19 - 20 FPS (very shitty).

Specs:

ATi Radeon HD 2600 XT

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 (1.8 GHz)

I would OC, but Dell is gay.
Old 12-26-2008   #5
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar North handed it off to Rockstar Toronto who apparently just learned their ABCs at roughly the time they took the job. It was only by luck of whatever god may be out there that they found a bum who took computer class in middle school. Without him, the port wouldn't even be possible on PC.

But seriously, the port is very sloppy. PS3 files, 360 files, and they included files like THAT.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #6
GamerX5500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
Rockstar North handed it off to Rockstar Toronto who apparently just learned their ABCs at roughly the time they took the job. It was only by luck of whatever god may be out there that they found a bum who took computer class in middle school. Without him, the port wouldn't even be possible on PC.

But seriously, the port is very sloppy. PS3 files, 360 files, and they included files like THAT.
Yeah, I noticed the PS3 and 360 files. It's really annoying that they couldn't organize it any more efficiently, by just leaving the PC components in.

Those damn Canadians! =P
Old 12-26-2008   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Yeah I noticed that line yesterday too
Old 12-26-2008   #8
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
rofl thats funny, I should go through the game files to see what else thier is

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote