Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2008   #1
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Vote for GTA IV as GameSpot's Game of the Year!

C'mon, guys! Do your part and vote for GTA IV as the Game-of-the-Year at GameSpot!

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/game...ex.html?page=2

Hope GTA IV wins!

Last edited by De7erminist; 12-20-2008 at 09:08 PM..
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #2
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I would vote for it but there are quite a few games released this year which I think were better overall. I don't know why they have restricted voting to these few games, because both Race Driver: GRID and WipEout HD deserve to be on there.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #3
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised Brawl wasn't up there.

I voted, though.
Old 12-20-2008   #4
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
As much as I love GTA IV.. I can't bring myself to vote for when when MGS4 is there, what a game!

It's unfortunate IV wasnt released a different year.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #5
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
How about no. I'd vote for GTA III or VC if they were on the list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I would vote for it but there are quite a few games released this year which I think were better overall. I don't know why they have restricted voting to these few games, because both Race Driver: GRID and WipEout HD deserve to be on there.
What can we expect from companies based on profit and affiliate advertising?

Edit: GTA IV is missing its review score. Rather strange.

Last edited by Thundercracker; 12-20-2008 at 02:56 PM..
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #6
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
You can expect top selling and top rated games appearing on the list, rather than personal opinions.
Old 12-20-2008   #7
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I voted for Braid simply because it's for people who smoke or people drink like if you drink beer and you get drunk or you smoke weed and you get high and you just... anything, like you just get be gettin' fucked up.

but seriously, burnout paradise. Well, now that i think about it, GTA IV really does deserve GOTY.

grimmy is a gay icon

Last edited by oppar; 12-20-2008 at 03:05 PM..
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #8
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
only two i'd vote for are fallout3 and gtaiv that list doesnt seem that good
also i'm surprised theres no GOW2 on there i thought that would be automatically on the list since it was so hyped
haven't played it yet tho
Old 12-20-2008   #9
MeAndMyShorts

MeAndMyShorts can only hope to improve
Best game of the year? You're kidding, right? Not even the best in the GTA series. Fallout 3 is far better, and GRID too. Not to say all the problems the game has...
MeAndMyShorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytow View Post
It's unfortunate IV wasnt released a different year.
I think what makes GTA IV less of a possibility for GOTY this year is its early release date. Traditionally, GTA has ALWAYS been released late in the year (October) so the hype and excitement over it is still very high when the time comes for year end awards, therefore, it gets more votes.

I also don't think MGS4 really deserves the award over GTA IV, and here's why. I can't remember where I heard this, but it was dead on accurate: MGS4 was great for MGS fans, but if you had no previous experience with the series, none of it made sense. GTA IV was not only like its predecessors in that it tells its own, new story, but also had absolutely no connection to its predecessors, therefore, anyone can play it and understand what is going on without requiring previous knowledge of the series.

Given the reviews and general reaction from fans, there's no doubt MGS4 is a phenomenal game, but that just cannot be understood by newcomers.
Old 12-20-2008   #11
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
i voted for GTA IV. I love the game and i see it not winning. Because of the P.C version
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #12
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
I already voted for GTA IV in everything that GTA IV was in.
Like "Best New Character Niko Bellic" and etc.
Old 12-21-2008   #13
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Sure, just let them skip registering and maybe I'd considering voting.