Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2008   #16
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
as tacky as it was in san andreas, looking at the tattoos on johnnys arm I am starting to think that tattoo customisation would go well with the story, no hair or chicken suits ofcourse, I know everyone moans about the whole san andreas "the sims" thing but I think if they used the tattoos in a resposible way then it could be a really good feature for TLAD
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #17
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Yes, I feel that there will be new gameplay mechanics in this installment, because Johnny is unlike Niko. Johnny is a gang member (just like CJ was in San Andreas or Toni was in LCS), Niko is a freelancer (just like Claude and Tommy, or more like Vic Vance). The features that were missing from San Andreas, they didn't fit in Niko's story arc. As for Johnny's, it totally fits seeing as it will all revolve around him and his biker gang. So, I presume they will make a comeback?
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #18
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
so we will not see niko at all. This is good and fresh and it works better this way. Rather than just seeing the same haracters
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #19
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar said Niko will be making a small cameo back when the DLC was first announced, that's why I think the game could overlap Niko's Story so we play out Johnnys part in "Blow Your Cover" and "Museum Piece", both action missions.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #20
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Ok. So niko a small cameo.

So after them two missions, Its just johnny on is own
Old 12-11-2008   #21
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I wonder how deep this add-on is really going to go. My guess is 30+ missions, new interiors (like safehouses, gang hangout etc.), new vehicles and weapons, a handfull of new characters...I wasn't too excited about this at first since I prefer GTA IV on PS3 but I got the 360 version as well for this very reason, the DLC. Sucks that it's 2 months away.
Old 12-13-2008   #22
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec_Pusay119 View Post
Anyone notice that new gun he is holding in the pic with the guy that looks like Jeff? I think it may be a Colt 1911.

Well, we have one confirmed new weapon. Two if you count the bat being wooden instead of metal (or at least it looks wooden to me), cause I am pretty sure the baseball bat Niko always used was metal...

Edit: Anyone notice those bikes? I'm almost positive that there wasn't a single bike with double headlights in GTA IV. Either The Lost are riding totally different bikes now, or they are riding customized bikes...
It looks like a 1911 with the little extension on the end of the barrel (It's NOT a silencer!)

Also, I doubt that picture of some guy being whacked from a bike is scripted. Throughout GTA IV, chase scenes were always live, as in I beat many missions by spraying a guy when he gets in a car. Anyone think this feature (And that awesome pistol), and the new bikes will be somehow featured in multiplayer? Maybe certain matches where you can only join if you have the DLC?

Imagine racing in multiplayer on bikes, with people whacking one-another off. Road Rash anyone?
Old 12-13-2008   #23
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
So a small cameo from Niko?

Any oppinions on weather or not R* will re-record the conversations between Niko and Johnny?
Old 12-13-2008   #24
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
I wonder how deep this add-on is really going to go. My guess is 30+ missions, new interiors (like safehouses, gang hangout etc.), new vehicles and weapons, a handfull of new characters...I wasn't too excited about this at first since I prefer GTA IV on PS3 but I got the 360 version as well for this very reason, the DLC. Sucks that it's 2 months away.
Any reason why you prefer the PS3 version?
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #25
claud3
Banned
Banned

Either the PS3 or the X-box360. If does not matter what console it's on its going to be cool
Old 12-13-2008   #26
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytow View Post
So a small cameo from Niko?

Any oppinions on weather or not R* will re-record the conversations between Niko and Johnny?
I doubt so.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #27
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
I doubt so.
Well I imagine they will do if they're getting in a new voice actor to play Johnny. Unless they can get somebody who can do Scott Hill's version of Johnny spot on it'll be so obvious if they don't re-record.

Anyway, they should do seeing as they've gone for authenticity with this game. If not then that's just sloppiness on their part. Granted, though, it's not all that big a deal but it'd still be sloppy.
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #28
Jaytow

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee862 View Post
Well I imagine they will do if they're getting in a new voice actor to play Johnny. Unless they can get somebody who can do Scott Hill's version of Johnny spot on it'll be so obvious if they don't re-record.

Anyway, they should do seeing as they've gone for authenticity with this game. If not then that's just sloppiness on their part. Granted, though, it's not all that big a deal but it'd still be sloppy.
Are we 100% sure that the same guy isnt doing johnnys voice?
Old 12-13-2008   #29
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytow View Post
Are we 100% sure that the same guy isnt doing johnnys voice?
Well I think it's all just speculation at the moment. Scott Hill's profile hasn't been updated on IMDB or anything so we can't really know for sure just yet. I know that doesn't neccesarily mean that he definitely isn't coming back so we'll have to just wait and see.

I hope he does come back though because I liked how he portrayed Johnny. As soon as I saw him I thought "Now that guys got a cool voice". If not then I hope they find somebody with the same kinda voice or somebody who can do the voice just as well as Scott Hill.

Last edited by leelee862; 12-13-2008 at 01:14 PM..
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote