Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2008   #1
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation GTA IV is Times Magazine Game of the Year!

Time Magazine officially released their top 10 video games of 2008. While it's surprising to not see any exclusive Nintendo Wii titles, it's not surprising to see PlayStation 3 related to half of the list.

1. Grand Theft Auto IV (360, PS3, PC)
2. Braid (360)
3. LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
4. Rock Band 2 (360, PS3)
5. Gears of War 2 (360)
6. Dead Space (360, PS3, PC)
7. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii, 360, PS3, DS, PSP)
8. Hunted Forever (free Flash)
9. Fieldrunners (iPhone)
10. Spore (PC)

Read the MAGAZINE! OR Click the link

http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...863763,00.html

GOOD JOB FOR ROCKSTARGAMES

Last edited by zeeshan810; 12-09-2008 at 07:18 AM..
zeeshan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #2
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Apparently they didn't play the PC release :p

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #3
Duke Lion

Duke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really nice
Well they probably have, since all reviewers apparently have been bribed/brainwashed to "forget" about the performance issues..
Duke Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #4
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Well I think they did! Maybe they didn't have any problem, some of my friends who have the game they didn't have any problem.
Old 12-09-2008   #5
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan810 View Post
Time Magazine officially released their top 10 video games of 2008. While it's surprising to not see any exclusive Nintendo Wii titles, it's not surprising to see PlayStation 3 related to half of the list.

1. Grand Theft Auto IV (360, PS3, PC)
2. Braid (360)
3. LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
4. Rock Band 2 (360, PS3)
5. Gears of War 2 (360)
6. Dead Space (360, PS3, PC)
7. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii, 360, PS3, DS, PSP)
8. Hunted Forever (free Flash)
9. Fieldrunners (iPhone)
10. Spore (PC)

Read the MAGAZINE! OR Click the link

http://www.time.com/time/specials/20...863763,00.html

GOOD JOB FOR ROCKSTARGAMES
This article doesn't mean shit. If Braid can be second, LBP can be third, Spore can make the list and Flash/iPhone games can also be in there, this list is unreliable. Flash games are not considered as video games in their pure form, it is more of a web game. LBP, Spore and Braid are also casual games that are mentionable... but on the Top TEN? Please.... my god. If games with low budget and poor ideas that somehow succeed can be on Top ten lists, then something is wrong. GTA IV is only up on that list because of the sales records. I don't think that TIME writer knows anything about video games.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #6
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
I love IV and I'm happy it won but MGS4>GTA4 IMO!!!!111!!!!!eleven!!!

Anyway congratulations GTA, on my third go round IV and it has got better everytime.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #7
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
This article doesn't mean shit. If Braid can be second, LBP can be third, Spore can make the list and Flash/iPhone games can also be in there, this list is unreliable. Flash games are not considered as video games in their pure form, it is more of a web game. LBP, Spore and Braid are also casual games that are mentionable... but on the Top TEN? Please.... my god. If games with low budget and poor ideas that somehow succeed can be on Top ten lists, then something is wrong. GTA IV is only up on that list because of the sales records. I don't think that TIME writer knows anything about video games.
I think your kinda right! But ohh well GTA IV is Game of the Year from TM!
Old 12-09-2008   #8
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
This is just a personal opinion poll, I think Braid deserves to be on the list, anyone who's played it would know that.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #9
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
Well, personally, I don't think GTA IV was the best game this year. Far Cry 2 and MGS4 are better, in my oppinion. Though, I think the list is pretty accurate...
Old 12-09-2008   #10
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
I think you need to relax, it's someone's personal opinion. Not everyone is into the same things as you, however I think Littlebigplanet should of came 2nd and I find it disgusting that Dead Space made it in there and MGS4 didn't.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #11
Duke Lion

Duke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really nice
Ska, I find it funny that you can say that someone should relax and that it's just someone's personal opinion, and yet you find it disgusting that Dead Space is on the list and MGS 4 isn't.

You think that Spore is better than Dead Space?
Duke Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #12
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Laugh it up then.
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #13
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
I would like to say to whoever bad reped me saying that I was being sarcastic in saying that MGS 4 is better than GTAIV, I was not.. Although my lol speak was a joke, I love mgs and although IV is great I don't like it's as good as mgs 4.

JOO JUS BIN PWNED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 111!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #14
Buddah_Lova
4/29/08

Buddah_Lova is an unknown quantity at this point
what did they judge it on?? sales? must of been cuz why the fuck wasnt mgs4 on the list?!?! god im drunk.
Buddah_Lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #15
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Actually it couldnt have been sales since one of them is a free flash game. It's probably a list of popular opinion mixed with the writer's own preference.