Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2008   #1
-jr-
Newbie Member

-jr- is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation New Video Driver Out Just For GTA4

NVIDIA recommends that you update your system with the following GeForce v180.84 driver for the best experience on Grand Theft Auto IV

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_gtaiv_downloads.html
-jr- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #2
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
I'm downloading now! Will update if anything goes great.

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #3
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
How do we know if we should install this? It's for every single nVidia card?
edit: nevermind, it said that it has no drivers to update on my system. oh wells
Old 12-05-2008   #4
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
I'm getting a 10+ FPS boost, things do seem to run smoother, still no signs of AA though. It's progress though!

[img][/img]

click me
Old 12-05-2008   #5
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
What card do you have, Dennis? I'm wondering if this thing isn't recognizing my Macbook's hardware...
Old 12-05-2008   #6
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

I have a GTX 260.

[img][/img]

click me
Old 12-05-2008   #7
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Well I have no idea what that is Maybe the driver just doesn't affect the 9600 GT
Old 12-05-2008   #8
krislicoque

krislicoque is an unknown quantity at this point
No FPS improvement here.
krislicoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #9
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Tried, did not fix any of my problems.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #10
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
same here i tried it and all it did was nothing at all.

Mine is going down hill fast
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #11
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Its improved my game quite a bit. Before i ran it at Medium/Highest, now with the update i can run it at High/Highest but with draw distance at 20 (which is enough for now).

Game starts lagging in high speed chases though but thats because i should really be running it on Medium & not high.

I'm sure we'll be getting atleast a couple more updates yet so try & hold out hope!
Old 12-05-2008   #12
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Game still won't launch here.

It /did/ work. Restarted my computer, then it didn't. Nothing on my system changed, it just decided it wouldn't launch the game anym ore.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #13
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
the drivers didn't help me, I still get a 20fps average in the benchmark at lowest detail, and alot of areas of the game dip into the 15fps range.

According to the benchmark test, it took 97% CPU usage, 85% system memory, and 95% Video memory.

This game is such a resource hogg

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 12-05-2008 at 08:48 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #14
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
I think it's better to visit nvidia.com,to download the alpha version which the nzone.com has a beta version...

just visit this link and select your product or let the site detect it for you and download the latest,maybe helps,post your results

Link : http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Old 12-06-2008   #15
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by behzad_sol View Post
I think it's better to visit nvidia.com,to download the alpha version which the nzone.com has a beta version...

just visit this link and select your product or let the site detect it for you and download the latest,maybe helps,post your results

Link : http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Beta is better than an Alpha.

Plus NZone is for BETA drivers, and Nvidia is for OFFICIAL drivers, that they release to ALL instead of individuals.

[img][/img]

click me