Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2008   #1
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
First GTA IV mods arise

A couple members over at GTAForums have created applications that inject into GTA IV's launcher and keep it from checking whether or not the game has been modified before launch. Right now his launcher only works with the Steam version (I tried it on my retail copy and it didn't work, others on the forums experienced the same issues). Somewhere on the third page of the thread another guy released an app saying it works with other copies, but I don't have time to test it out right now. If anybody's interested you can find it here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=379452

So far they've created some weapon and handling mods, which are basically done by changing a few text documents. It's nothing major yet, but it's pretty exciting how quickly this was accomplished, and I don't doubt that we can expect some awesome mods within a month. Here's a video of his weapon mod (powerful shotguns, and pistols acting as rocket launchers):

Old 12-05-2008   #2
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
If it's really that simple, maybe Niko's health can be increased to a point where he takes little to no damage from explosions and falls.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #3
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
There's some discussion about that. Like in past GTA games, the health is most likely a part of the mission scripting (main.scm for old games, not sure about GTA IV). It was never really a part of one of those .dat and .ide files. Mission scripting seems a little out of the scope at the moment, but I don't doubt that it'll come up soon. The memory addresses are already being documented, and those are the things that trainers can modify.
Old 12-05-2008   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet, let's hope they create a mod so the game doesn't require Social Club or any of that extra crap.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #5
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Sweet, let's hope they create a mod so the game doesn't require Social Club or any of that extra crap.
You mean a crack?

http://s459.photobucket.com/albums/q...rent=Movie.flv

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #6
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
that looks like a morph of the glock and the RPG into one weapon which is cool
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #7
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
I'm not very well educated on what you can do with mods but if people start modding new properties and stuff into the game then I'll probabily buy the pc version.

Although these mods do look fun they arent enough to make me buy the game.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #8
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytow View Post
I'm not very well educated on what you can do with mods but if people start modding new properties and stuff into the game then I'll probabily buy the pc version.

Although these mods do look fun they arent enough to make me buy the game.
Wait till the mission mods come in. Zombie mod anyone?

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #9
Rocker-5
Banned
Banned

Rocker-5 is infamous around these partsRocker-5 is infamous around these partsRocker-5 is infamous around these parts
wow,the game really sucks because of all that original file checking crap,but now it just keeps getting better and better

although graphics will still be a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
why dont you like being a member of the social club?

Last edited by Rocker-5; 12-05-2008 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Rocker-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Boy View Post
Wait till the mission mods come in. Zombie mod anyone?
Hah, literally with the multiplayer zombie character models and skins already in the game

Simple, but pretty cool mod. I want to see a nuke (gun?) mod like there is for Garry's Mod, for example. Huge explosions in LC with awesome graphics and Euphoria physics= freaking cool.
Old 12-05-2008   #11
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker-5 View Post
why dont you like being a member of the social club?
Well before the Social Club was down, which meant it was having a fir starting the game and would only run in Safe Mode looking worse than ever. I bought the game legally, why should I have to get bogged down with this crap?
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #12
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Funny thing, people pay for this game and get bad performance on the lowest of settings and have constant problems with WLM and the Social Club.

A cracked version only needs 2 clicks or 1 and no bullshit. Don't except multiplayer soon, LAN works fine for now.

Also heard that you can easily use multiplayer if you use a Live account from a different game or something.
Old 12-05-2008   #13
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Is every single person having problems with this game. I have had it sweet up to this point. I wonder if it is to sweet

Every thing is running sweet. But Maybe i am getting ahead of myself and thinking i am a lucking person. I-guess mine will fail but the question is when
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #14
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up That;s a Funny Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Boy View Post
THAT'S FUNNY!!! VIDEO***
Old 12-05-2008   #15
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Hah, literally with the multiplayer zombie character models and skins already in the game

Simple, but pretty cool mod. I want to see a nuke (gun?) mod like there is for Garry's Mod, for example. Huge explosions in LC with awesome graphics and Euphoria physics= freaking cool.
Yeah and if somebody develops CLEO for this baby, we're in business I want that crazy ass light beam mod in GTA IV!