Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2008   #1
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
First GTA IV mods arise

A couple members over at GTAForums have created applications that inject into GTA IV's launcher and keep it from checking whether or not the game has been modified before launch. Right now his launcher only works with the Steam version (I tried it on my retail copy and it didn't work, others on the forums experienced the same issues). Somewhere on the third page of the thread another guy released an app saying it works with other copies, but I don't have time to test it out right now. If anybody's interested you can find it here: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=379452

So far they've created some weapon and handling mods, which are basically done by changing a few text documents. It's nothing major yet, but it's pretty exciting how quickly this was accomplished, and I don't doubt that we can expect some awesome mods within a month. Here's a video of his weapon mod (powerful shotguns, and pistols acting as rocket launchers):