Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2008   #1
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar's Notification That Everything Is Alright (PC Version Issues)

I've received an email from the Rockstar Games webmaster

Quote:
Hey guys,

We are aware that a small number of fans are having problems running GTA IV on their PC’s and we would like to assure them we are working to help solve these as quickly as possible.

We would ask anyone that is encountering difficulties to contact their local technical support helpline for advice and recommendations. These telephone numbers can be found in the game’s manual.

There is also a regularly updated technical support page available on the Rockstar Games website http://www.rockstargames.com/support/ where there are many useful faqs and information on how to resolve some common problems being encountered.
So, Rockstar are aware of the problems, and will be on the ball trying to make things run smooth. They won't leave you twisting in the wind. Expect a patch in the near future.
Old 12-03-2008   #2
*TomeR*

*TomeR* is an unknown quantity at this point
Small number of fans having this problem?
I don't think so...
And they've said that they will only fix the problem of people who can't run it, and it's not about tun the game smoothly,on my opinion...
*TomeR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #3
kalogias
Newbie Member

kalogias is an unknown quantity at this point
Ehm.... Small numbers off fans.... The whole world is doing voodoo t them right now for this junk. We need some super computer from outer space and time to play the game? I can play t my machine FA3 Dead Space and FC2 in full settings and cant play this in the lowest of the lowest settings???? You got t be kidding me man. They have to apologize to gamers for this. especially telling us that is our fault for not having a computer from the future.... What a lame excuse.
kalogias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #4
waldoribeiro
Newbie Member

waldoribeiro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Our game is currently only Direct X 9. We've done everything possible to make it look great for DX9.

We use a Deferred Lighting model that most other game don't use. Ill try and get some more info up next week since the technical details since this will probably be interesting to many of you. AA does not work very well with our lighting model unless the game is DX10.

For the forums it's clear that there is huge demand for AA support, so we will be looking into it.
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...=380088&st=260

This is just one of the replies on this thread from Rockstar Toronto. They are actively involved at solving our issues on that forum.
waldoribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote