Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2008   #16
unenergizer
-= GFX ARTIST =-

unenergizer is on a distinguished roadunenergizer is on a distinguished roadunenergizer is on a distinguished roadunenergizer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unenergizer View Post
SYS SPEC:
Intel Core 2 DUO 2.13 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
2 GB Ram
So with my specs (above) I should be able to play the game on low settings? I went and purchased this beast of a graphics card especially for this game. Now I know its not the best but when I installed it in my Mid-tower it took up almost the whole width of the mother board. I bought the game on Steam and I don't want there to be any surprises when its finished downloading, you know.

thanks for all the helpful info guys!

Last edited by unenergizer; 12-02-2008 at 05:41 PM..
unenergizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #17
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Geforce 9800 is not a "beast" of a card - it's a generation or two behind nVidia's latest.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #18
unenergizer
-= GFX ARTIST =-

unenergizer is on a distinguished roadunenergizer is on a distinguished roadunenergizer is on a distinguished roadunenergizer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Geforce 9800 is not a "beast" of a card - it's a generation or two behind nVidia's latest.
Well when I took my old one out and compared it to the new one (i am talking about size guys) it looks like a beast. The damn card cost me like 180 or more I can't remember at the moment. Anyhow either way it was a definite upgrade from the previous card.
Old 12-02-2008   #19
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Well, I guess this is what happens when Microsoft pokes their ose around GTA games. See why? R* North has to work on the DLC = no time for PC porting => left the work to R* Torronto. We all know R* Torronto have a a bad track record. They were the ones who ported Bully: Scholarship Edition to the PC and Manhunt 2 to the Wii.

I guess we'll just have to be contend with this. Even the editing tools in the video editor are kinda really basic. I guess R* North left them a really advanced code based on RAGE, and they couldn't manage with the porting, and optimized it poorly. They should've left it to R* North to do it instead, dang!
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #20
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Is it more power hungry then Crysis? Cuz my system flys through that game with everything turned up.

You guys think i will be sweet?
Q9550 @ 3.6Ghz
HD4870 1gb
6GB RAM
Old 12-03-2008   #21
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
A 4850 or a 4870 shouldn't have any problems unless they have the weird driver support known for ATi
it might be the game itself or the driver, I was just recently talking to someone that has a HD 4850, and this is the message he gets at game starup:

"Graphics Card not compatible, You need Pixel Shader 3.0 Support to play the game."

that card should support it :/

Us Nvidia Owners are lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasha View Post
Is it more power hungry then Crysis? Cuz my system flys through that game with everything turned up.

You guys think i will be sweet?
Q9550 @ 3.6Ghz
HD4870 1gb
6GB RAM
Yes the performance is way way worse than crysis, and as far as your specs they are good, but you gotta wait for a patch or driver fix for ATI cards.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 12-03-2008 at 06:49 AM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #22
unenergizer
-= GFX ARTIST =-

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasha View Post
Q9550 @ 3.6Ghz
HD4870 1gb
6GB RAM
wow and i thought i had a good computer.......
Old 12-03-2008   #23
nataskapaus
Brucie baby

nataskapaus is on a distinguished roadnataskapaus is on a distinguished roadnataskapaus is on a distinguished road
Let's just hope this is like Need for speed pro street, it ran like crap, they released a patch and then it looked better and ran faster.

I was going to get this and more ram so i would just meet the minimum because i was hoping i could get all low settings 1024x728 with 25fps but it looks like i will have to wait.
nataskapaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #24
dgn8

dgn8 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm confused.I thought that i'd be able to play but now i'm not sure.
I have
2gb ram
vista
intel core 2 duo 2.33ghz
nvidia geforce 8400gt
(sorry for my english)
dgn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #25
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
Well, I guess this is what happens when Microsoft pokes their ose around GTA games. See why? R* North has to work on the DLC = no time for PC porting => left the work to R* Torronto. We all know R* Torronto have a a bad track record. They were the ones who ported Bully: Scholarship Edition to the PC and Manhunt 2 to the Wii.

I guess we'll just have to be contend with this. Even the editing tools in the video editor are kinda really basic. I guess R* North left them a really advanced code based on RAGE, and they couldn't manage with the porting, and optimized it poorly. They should've left it to R* North to do it instead, dang!
Yeah, no. They handed this off to Rockstar Toronto. They could have worked on the PC port later and delayed it instead of letting someone else handle it.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #26
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, didn't expect the game to run like crap at all.

I'll just play with Medium/Low until something can be figured out, lag in a FPS shooter is bad.
Old 12-03-2008   #27
SilverWizard

SilverWizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Really disappointing to play this game in so low quality !
It so much fun, but it runs like crap.

Im having a Q6600 running @ 3.0Ghz, 4Gb ddr2, and a 8800gts 320mb
and i can only run low textures @ 1154*864 and i need 1680/1050 for my lcd.
Old 12-03-2008   #28
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I can only sum it up in one way, this is a piece of shit.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #29
gougoul
Newbie Member

gougoul is an unknown quantity at this point
Fell lucky if you can play it at all.
On my computer, it hangs every 5 minutes.(Quad 2.83, 4gb DDR3 1600, 4870 X2...), needing a reboot.

Looks great though (1280...hardly a performance).

I WANT my money back, my money back !
gougoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #30
Sparthan
Tonight we dine in HELL !

Sparthan is on a distinguished roadSparthan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
I can only sum it up in one way, this is a piece of shit.
Couldn't say it better..

Thanks soooooo much .:Clansman:. for the sig and the avatar
Sparthan is offline   Reply With Quote