Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008   #31
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Does anyone know how much Sony originally paid Rockstar for exclusivity of the series, which turned out to be temporary when the double pack was released for Xbox? For all we know it too could have been $50 million. So without all the facts I don't know how safe it is to say that Microsoft's $50 million makes a difference in the long run.

Regardless of the numbers, we all should have a pretty basic understanding of Rockstar's definition of "exclusive" has proven to be.

Anyway, GTA IV: L&D sounds pretty cool. I like the idea that it is focused around a character who never played a major role in Niko's story. I assume his story will occur concurrently with Niko's, perhaps even beginning before Niko's started.

I'm curious to see what the new vehicles and weapons will be, and how they will be thrown into the mix, not to mention the expanded soundtrack and multiplayer modes. Not that it makes a difference on my part, being a PS3 owner, but I wonder if this new content will be available in the "standard game" once you've downloaded L&D. I would be strange for it not to be.
Old 11-20-2008   #32
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
It was $55 million for all the D.L.C rights for now and future D.L.C's on the X-box360. But one thing we do know is that all D.L.C's on the X-box system will make there way to the PS3 unless there is totally Different D.L.C's getting made for the PS3 system only
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #33
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Claud3 might just be on to something. R* is a smart company and I'm fairly certain they won't leave PS3 owners out in the cold. A different character with other avenues to explore is not entirely out of the realm of possibility. I remain hopeful. Either way, the screenshots look really cool. I may have to get me a 360 after all.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #34
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
I think it would make more sense to make Totally new D.L.C's for the PS3 system rather than copy the X-box360 ones over. That means both system's have there own unique D.L.C's
Old 11-20-2008   #35
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
its all speculation about the ps3 gettin DLC no1 knows for sure except maybe rockstar
i am excited that we finally have some info and a date for this DLC just a few weeks ago i was tellin my friend how annoying it is that they havent announced a thing about it
Old 11-20-2008   #36
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
If it isn't released for PS3 then R* can lick my balls, this "exclusive" shit makes me lose interest in them all together. I should have payed $50 for GTA IV instead of $120 for this... In the long run, I am missing out stuff from the game that I have the right to see no matter which console I own.

If it stays exclusive then GTA IV will be the last GTA bought from me. Fuck buying another one.
If PS3 gets exclusive content, different to the 360.. Then still people are missing out on parts they would like to see and that still shits me.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #37
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Badass I like it.
Old 11-20-2008   #38
X-Ecutioner

X-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I doubt it. Microsoft gave Rockstar $50m to keep it exclusive to Xbox 360.
Exclusive to Xbox 360 only means the Xbox 360 gets it first.. Dont stress.. the ps3 will get it. Just later in the year

Like when Vice city first came out.. it was "Exclusive" to the ps2. Later, the PC and xbox got it.
X-Ecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #39
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
So did anyone else notice the IV is smaller and the bevel effect was removed in the logo?!

I sure did.
Old 11-21-2008   #40
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Microsoft paid $50,000,000 for DLC to remain permanently exclusive as far as anyone's known.

I'm not sure how much Sony paid, but their relationship with Rockstar at the time was considered "timed exclusive" for the GTA titles.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #41
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
There is a 50/50 chance it will arrive on the PS3 much later, but people forget, Sony got the exclusive "Stories" games, even years after release they haven't been released on PC or Xbox, don't you guys think that is a little unfair that PC and Xbox owners can't play those games? No, I didn't see you guys bitching then either. It will either come out much later lkike a year or so, or it will remain exclusive just like the stories games.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #42
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
This "argument" brings a tear to my eye. It takes me back to the time before GTA IV's release.

Anyway, this looks really good and it's nice to see they've included the variety of content they have. I didn't see any mention of this for PC so that must be a typo by rappo on the front page...?
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #43
claud3
Banned
Banned

We hope a D.L.C comes to the PS3. We will be very lonely over here in Sony Land
Old 11-21-2008   #44
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee862 View Post
Just been reading up on it and one website says that "Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned requires players to have the full version of Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE membership to download". What do they mean by "the full version"?
It may mean that the censored version (in australlia I think) will not get the DLC?
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008   #45
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytow View Post
It may mean that the censored version (in australlia I think) will not get the DLC?
No, as Rockstar mentioned in the e-mail, you need the full game already, even censored versions are the full game.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote