Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008   #1
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
GTA IV DLC: The Lost and Damned available February 17th, 2009

Courtesy of USA Today.

Quote:
The upcoming episode of the video game Grand Theft Auto IV looks to be a wild one.
GTA IV, which was released in April for the Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3, focused on former Eastern European soldier Niko Bellic and his escalating life of crime in the boroughs of Liberty City. This new episode, available Feb. 17 via download exclusively for those who own the Xbox 360 version (no price yet), stars Johnny Klebitz, a member of Liberty City biker gang The Lost.

"Johnny is a very different character than Niko, with a very different background," says Dan Houser, vice president of creative development for Rockstar Games. "I can't go into too much detail on the story, because we try not to give away too much plot before the game is released. But I can say that the story will show you a different side of Liberty City."

The episode, titled The Lost and Damned, requires players to have the full version of the Mature-rated GTA IV (ages 17 and older) and an Xbox Live membership to download. It's likely to carry an M rating, too. (Parents can use the Xbox 360's parental controls to prevent children from accessing inappropriate content.)
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/...a-damned_N.htm
Old 11-20-2008   #2
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Comes out on my birthday, Coincidence i think not.
Old 11-20-2008   #3
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Very nice! I'm glad they're not adding more gametime with Niko - good character, but I think that's enough of him. It will be nice to get a look at the story from a whole new perspective. Although Klebitz was a pretty minor character, I don't doubt that they'll make it interesting!
Old 11-20-2008   #4
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, i was expecting it to be more storyline. I'm glad its not an extended map or extra things worth having.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #5
[KFC]-ScharK
KFC ftw

[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road[KFC]-ScharK is on a distinguished road
I'd rather have this than anything else really. I love the story.

www.KFCGang.net
[KFC]-ScharK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #6
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
This is actually really cool. I remember in the mission 'No Way on The Subway' after you kill the two bikers Niko tells Ray that Johnny wasn't there, to which Ray says, "Some other guys are meant to be taking care of him."

I'd love to find out what actually happens. Shame I don't have a 360.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #7
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Personally, I think this is nice turn for the game. A different perspective on the events of the game will be cool to see. Too bad I have a PS3, epic fail.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #8
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
I'm happy that we have a more western character.... Could be good.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #9
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Neat. Too bad my copy of GTA4 crapped out after a random 360 update.
Old 11-20-2008   #10
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of

Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #11
Chrissy_Lad
BooYaa...its Batman...

Chrissy_Lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice stuff, looks pretty good! Can we ever expect to see this the ps3?
Chrissy_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #12
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy_Lad View Post
Nice stuff, looks pretty good! Can we ever expect to see this the ps3?
I doubt it. Microsoft gave Rockstar $50m to keep it exclusive to Xbox 360.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #13
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
Does anyone know if this is set the same time as IV, before or afterwards?

and is that blanch from correy? Rofl.
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008   #14
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
They haven't mentioned an exact time, but in that USA Today article Houser says that Niko will play a little part. So that means that Niko most likely had to already have arrived in Liberty City - making the DLC take place at the same time as or after GTA IV's story.
Old 11-20-2008   #15
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
They haven't mentioned an exact time, but in that USA Today article Houser says that Niko will play a little part. So that means that Niko most likely had to already have arrived in Liberty City - making the DLC take place at the same time as or after GTA IV's story.
I'd be willing to say it takes place the same time as Nikos story, since Niko is meant to have a quick cameo in it, easiest way possible would be to have the story set at the same time, which means playing the mission "Blow Your Cover" and "Museum Piece" from Johnnys point of view, plus we'd get to deal with the hitmen that Ray sends after Johnny in the same story too.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote