Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Music, Culture and Easter Eggs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2008   #16
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a huge fan of GTAIV's sountrack yet either. Not to say that it won't grow on me. I liked LCHC, but the loop is so short that i can't listen to it anymore, it's so repetitive. Now i need to expand my horizons to some other stations.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008   #17
X-Ecutioner

X-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished roadX-Ecutioner is on a distinguished road
I'm Not the biggest fan of GTA4 Radio either.. I was really excited about the hearing the Rock Stations only to be let down with all this underground crap that no one cares about

V-Rock from Vice City Stories Wins for me.

Cousin Ed Is Cool
X-Ecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008   #18
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
yeah the thing is, underground music is new...who wants to hear the same bands every day no matter where you go?

thats why gta try giving not so big names to listen to...its new to us..like it or not its jyst giving us more variety of bands to hear

i like underground...not so popular music, i only listen to about 4 or 5 mainstream bands as it doesnt really cover the music i like much...gta 4 had no music i liked either but i get what they were tying to do...i only liked 2 tracks in the game...let your body learn by nitzer ebb and the track after that one.

listening to no so popular music gives freshness...and open up a door to listen to a band you might actually like...the fact is all bands were underground at one point, that noone cared about and little fanbase...but they grew and grew to what you currently like...if people didnt give it a chance thered be no music full stop as noone will hear the bands messages and music
Old 10-02-2008   #19
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegethra View Post
yeah, its good that they dont have a great well known line up...it means they are openminded and gives a chance for that arist to be heard

and theres some i recognise that came out before this game...theres a goth rock track on one of the rock stations (the one with the liberty spikes) i dont listen to rock much so yeah. theres also i german one i remember a bit. so yeah although i dont know them that much...i have heard them before and remember them. i dont listen to popular mainstream music as it just doesnt cover the genres i listen to (and glad of that too, its well known, but not the point every body knows it) i listen to about maybe...only 4 or 5 mainstream or popular bands, as the genre doesnt get a great deal of coverage.

but enoughabout that...i like the station electorchoc a bit...its not ebm but theres a couple tracks close to it
The thing about mainstream to me is that it all just feels too manufactured. Most of it is about making money rather than music, so it doesn't appeal to me. I had not heard many of the songs on this soundtrack before the game, but I do like Radio Broker and Fusion. I'd never even listened to acid jazz before Fusion.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008   #20
Xegethra

Xegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura aboutXegethra has a spectacular aura about
exactly mainstream has no soul and just sounds all the same and doesnt try anymore, the lesser known and underground music does try and even though the bands can be the same genres they sound a bit different too, unlike mainstream

they do it for the music...because they care, hopefully they stay underground and stay caring about the music

and yeah, some stations stations in gta 4 are pretty good...not my music but sometimes i just leave the radio on and just listen...as i said, electro choc is my favorite station, followed by journey and integrity
Old 10-17-2008   #21
YellowJacket
Red Wings Princess

YellowJacket has a spectacular aura aboutYellowJacket has a spectacular aura aboutYellowJacket has a spectacular aura aboutYellowJacket has a spectacular aura aboutYellowJacket has a spectacular aura aboutYellowJacket has a spectacular aura aboutYellowJacket has a spectacular aura aboutYellowJacket has a spectacular aura aboutYellowJacket has a spectacular aura aboutYellowJacket has a spectacular aura aboutYellowJacket has a spectacular aura about
I was hooked on Electro Choc and marked when I found out Pony was included in the game.
Old 10-17-2008   #22
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddah_Lova View Post
i love the fact that in every gta game, the music is mostly songs i've never heard before. its great cuz when u start playin u dont know the song then by the end of the game you love it. ive started listening to new artists just because of GTA. my final point: if you dont like "live at the barbecue" by main source (on the station "classics") something is wrong with you!!
i agree lol it features my boy nas too
who also had a song on the beat 102.7 but i think they chose one of the worst songs from his new album... or maybe its just cause i heard it so many times in GTAIV when i finally listened to the album it was played out but his new CD is great and i wish they put a different song in there
Old 10-19-2008   #23
Kez
Vercetti Mob

Kez is an unknown quantity at this point
I think R* are great at chosing and compiling the radio stations. Very authentic!
Kez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008   #24
Buddah_Lova
4/29/08

Buddah_Lova is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
i agree lol it features my boy nas too
who also had a song on the beat 102.7 but i think they chose one of the worst songs from his new album... or maybe its just cause i heard it so many times in GTAIV when i finally listened to the album it was played out but his new CD is great and i wish they put a different song in there
word nas's verse in live at the bbq is so sick
Buddah_Lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008   #25
El Seano
Newbie Member

El Seano is an unknown quantity at this point
While nothing Rockstar can do will probably top Vice City's soundtrack which was so infectious (even for me who was born in 89 and when VC came out had heard very very little 80's music) and fitted the whole mood, tone and setting of the game so perfectly I think that GTA4 is probably their second best effort just in terms of sheer volume and variety and thanks to the randomization of the songs. VC had a great soundtrack but it got to that point where I knew not only what song was on next at any point but also what other songs would be on the other stations. GTA4 was what I'd been waiting for, Rockstar having the budget to get the biggest names on their soundtrack and it worked beautifully whilst holding all the charm their old soundtracks had (as previously mentioned in the thread like letting you discover new bands)
El Seano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008   #26
Ænemy
Digital/Concept Artist

Ænemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enough
I prefer to just ignore GTA's music and listen to my own while I play. I just can't do the music they choose.
Ænemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008   #27
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
Personally, I thought San Andreas had the worst soundtrack of all of them. Vice City had the best.
Old 11-15-2008   #28
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket View Post
I was hooked on Electro Choc and marked when I found out Pony was included in the game.
It's on Radio Broker
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008   #29
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Well for those of you who hate the soundtrack in GTA4 you'll be pleased to know that the PC Version of the game includes a new Radio Station called "Independence FM" where you can build a playlist of Songs from your Hard Drive.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008   #30
Buddah_Lova
4/29/08

Buddah_Lova is an unknown quantity at this point
how can you not like rebel music (3 o'clock roadblock)?
Buddah_Lova is offline   Reply With Quote