MadBoy can only hope to improve
what is Flicker Filter ?
MadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #17
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmafighter View Post
Uh....i have no flicker filter. Just brightness, contrast, saturation, subtitles, radar, HUD, weopon target, gps route, handbrake cam, and language. I have the 360 version if that makes a difference.
I have a PS3 and its the same for me too.
kingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #18
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
On the PS3 menu, go to display setting, thats what he is talking about with flicker filtering. Not GTA IV's display menu...

I use a HDMI cord and I have set my TV settings sharpness to high. I see things perfectly.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #19
kingcars

kingcars is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
On the PS3 menu, go to display setting, thats what he is talking about with flicker filtering. Not GTA IV's display menu...

I use a HDMI cord and I have set my TV settings sharpness to high. I see things perfectly.
Aaahhh ok. I feel dumb now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
a cost effective way to upgrade would be to get a 20-24" widescreen LCD monitor and just play your console off that. its better than paying $2000 IMO. and the quality is VERY good.
QFT. Thats what I did. My 22in Samsung 216BW doubles as a very nice gaming PC monitor at 1680x1050 res (really lets my 8800 rip) and a PS3 TV at 1080i and 720p, which also looks great. Got it for like $270.

Last edited by kingcars; 05-04-2008 at 01:13 AM..
kingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008   #20
Vodac120
Newbie Member

Vodac120 is an unknown quantity at this point
you need glasses.....seriously im not kidding you need glasses

your nearsighted man

ive been wearing glasses all my life and ive never had to use them to play video games...but for some reason for gta4 i had 2...and as soon as i did the picture was crystal clear

i know it sounds wired but it works...just something with the graphics messes with your eyes if your nearsighted
Vodac120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #21
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
I had an SDTV for playing GTA IV when it came out, and the quality was fine. I could read the cellphone text, but not see the map's small icons and the thumbs up and down icons. Now, I switched to a HDTV, and everything is clearer at 1080i compared to 480p, but it's still perfectly playable on an SDTV, I completed 100% on it! It must be your eyes, really!
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #22
Buddah_Lova
4/29/08

Buddah_Lova is an unknown quantity at this point
the flicker filter option is in the gta iv display menu
Buddah_Lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008   #23
endj3
Freakin Awesome!!Nirvana FTW

endj3 is on a distinguished roadendj3 is on a distinguished road
you need a HD TV