Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2008   #1
Son606

Son606 can only hope to improve
What happens to Mr Bulgarin? *spoilers*

I have just completed all the GTA IV story missions for the first time but there are still some unanswered questions like what ever happens to Bulgarin?

I don't know if the decisions you make change Bulgarins fait but I chose not to kill Darko and I took revenge on Dimitri which later led to the killing of Peccochino, so do you ever hear from Bulgarin again?

Last edited by Offended_by_Everything; 09-23-2008 at 12:13 AM..
Son606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #2
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
After hearing of
Dimitri's death
he flees Liberty City and returns home.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #3
Leegion
Oxycodone Suicide.

Leegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the roughLeegion is a jewel in the rough
Personally, I believe he'll be involved in the DLC.

I can't explain a thing.
I want everything.
I will never believe in anything again.

Leegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Bulgarin is an interesting case, he clearly hates Niko and wants him dead in his two appearences in the game, but you never actually do anything to him or hear about him after that. The only thing I know is that he was involved in Nikos past, and every time I see him, he blames Niko for something else and then I have to fight a fucking army. The police computer doesn't help, people say he's dead when you complete the game, but the police computer has ALWAYS said he was dead, so why do the police think he's no longer alive when he clearly is? DLC or not, it does feel he was put in the game just so Dimitri could deal with someone who hates you too and then used later as a reason for the Diamond trade messing up again. Basically he feels like a back up card "Oops, who can we blame this deal on, we have no connections?" "Let's throw Bulgarin in there then".

Last edited by Offended_by_Everything; 09-23-2008 at 12:13 AM..
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #5
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
I've played through the game a few times now and paid close attention to the storyline but i'm still a little unclear about the whole diamond deal. I'm pretty certain that it is Johnny who screws you over though and not Bulgarin. During the next Ray mission where you have to go get the bikers, the main guy says "That's the guy that Johnny screwed over for the diamond loot". The dominican that shoots up the deal is later seen with Gay Tony at the diamond/Gracie exchange. Which must also mean that Johnny is working with/for the Ancelotti's. But yeah I think i'm with you on the whole "back up guy" thing. It did seem like Bulgarin was just there to fill in a couple of gaps in the storyline. It's like, the diamonds had to originate from somewhere, plus Rockstar had to have a back up plan, as it were, for the DLC. It seems Bulgarin could be the back up plan, so in order to make you even care about his existance he'd have to have atleast a small impact on the story. Also, while we're (well I am) on the subject of Johnny actually..there's another loose end that needs tying up right there. Possibly 2 returning characters?

Oh and to answer the OP's question, no you don't hear from Bulgarin again. Bulgarin isn't dead, as Ash has already states the LCPD database states this all the way though the game. He could've left Liberty City. He could be back, he could not. Also, no decision you make effects Bulgarin's part in the story.

EDIT: I see Ash was on about the second deal. Yes Bulgarin screwed that one up. Johnny screwed over the first deal. Oh well, atleast I think I cleared a couple of things up for whoever didn't know

Last edited by Offended_by_Everything; 09-23-2008 at 12:12 AM..
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #6
Offended_by_Everything
Social Justice Warrior

Offended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond repute
Spoiler tags are still in effect, people.

Son606: I warned you about posting spoilers before, cut it out or you will wind up banned one day.
Offended_by_Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008   #7
Son606

Son606 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
Spoiler tags are still in effect, people.

Son606: I warned you about posting spoilers before, cut it out or you will wind up banned one day.
I am sorry I did not realise I had to use those spoiler tags and I posted the 2 threads at the same time so there was no chance of me being warned before I put this one up.
Son606 is offline   Reply With Quote