Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2008   #16
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Modding is a BIG part of the GTA community maybe? Anyway, all GTA Games wern't moddable at first, that's why people created programs to replace/mod/convert the files. So until GTA4 comes out on PC, give it some time for the modding programs to appear. After all, GTA SA v2.0 was suppose to be unmoddable, but it still supported Textures Mods, etc, even a Downgrade patch was released for it.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008   #17
GarrettQ

GarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished road
I wouldnt worry about it even if this is true. Many people wait for the PC version to come out for the sole purpose of modding. I dont think rockstar would make the game "unmodifiable" and possibly loose the potential sales to those who buy the game for that reason.

There are plenty of "computer smart" people out there who can find a way to get past the barriers if there are any.

GarrettQ
GarrettQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008   #18
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Its impossible to completely block the game from modification. If its wanted bad enough, then it'll happen.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008   #19
Claude_Fogerty
Fogerty Fan
Newbie Member

Claude_Fogerty is an unknown quantity at this point
Good point. No, I do not have a source. If they make it moddable, whoop-de-doo. if not, whoop-de-doo. I don't care either way as my computer sucks and is unable to support the game.
Old 09-07-2008   #20
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
There is no such thing as unmoddable. Bullshit.

R* has never really formally supported modding in the GTA III games either, but neither did they disapprove of it. Besides, I don't think there's ever a way to stop modifications.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #21
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
R* prevented mods for SanAndreas 2.0 on the pc, so it wouldn't be surprising.
However it didn't take long for a reverse patch to come out that took the game back to its modable form.
Even if they do something similar with IV there's bound to be someone within the community with the skills to create a toolset for it.

I would be surprised if they don't allow mods though... and I know there are many that do give a shit about it.

TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008   #22
Hellfire

Hellfire is an unknown quantity at this point
I think they will have learned from last time and removed anything hidden in the code that could lead to another Hot Coffee. The problem with Hot Coffee was that most of the code was already built into the game, the guy who created it simply 'unlocked' it.

10 says someone makes a new one from scratch
Hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008   #23
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Console ppl don't care like me.

Want proof Even if Rockstargames doesn't put it it doesn't matter for the people who already played on console like me.
Old 09-10-2008   #24
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
I played it on a console and i still want my mods.

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008   #25
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
They wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot again.

If they do, R.I.P. GTA on PC.
Old 09-20-2008   #26
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
If they do make it like that then some way someone will find out how to mod it still

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008   #27
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
All gta p.c games had mods. This is no Difference because this is massive game and the mods would be so cool. If they left modding out i would not care. But it would be cool to have it
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008   #28
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
It is impossible to block ANY PC game from being modded. Coders out there create programs that are able to convert files, decode scripts, and replace files with ease. GTAIV will be moddable.