Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2008   #16
SimonS
Pffft.

SimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of light
It's more or less the same, hype should be for people who don't have consoles and have yet to play this game. Previous GTA releases on PC were great because it looked so shitty on PS2 that you lookd foward to bumping up the resolution alone. Playing GTA3 on PC when it first came out on 1280x1024 was amazing, same for vice, and same for SA, especially when they gave us anti aliasing.

This would just be like 'oh', infact I think it looks worse. Console screens looked more gritty, this looks kinda 'smooth' and dated in some SS. Ah well, maybe all them shitty car mods that were too high polygon for the last gen of GTA games will finally find a home in GTA4's graphics engine
Old 08-20-2008   #17
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
The way I see it:

360 Version: 1280x720 Progressive, 30fps (Locked), 2xAA
PC Version: Upto 2560x1600 Progressive, Variable Frame Rate (as good as you can handle), upto 8xAA (Maybe 16xAA If RAGE is efficent enough on computers)

So it's bound to at least look better and sharper in some ways and at least play better with the unlocked frame rate like all past GTA Games do on PC.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #18
Larry Novellino
Larry Novellino - Waconia High School, Minnesota

Larry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the rough
I've never understood why so many people are outraged by the little things that are added in the PC version. Like clothes, for example. ITS A NEWER VERSION, OF COURSE THEY WILL ADD A FEW THINGS HERE AND THERE that they left out before. Only notable improvement as of now is the replay feature, which was inevitable to be in the PC version.
Larry Novellino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #19
norby89

norby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished roadnorby89 is on a distinguished road
I wonder if there'll be any exclusive Easter Eggs in the PC version, that would be cool (besides fingerless gloves and clothing, I don't see what's the big deal about them anyway)

also can anyone take comparison screenshots? just to give us an idea on how much they improved the graphics
norby89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #20
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
The only thing that pisses people off is that the features that are added for PC were obviously ideas they had prior to the release of the console versions. Now, I know there are some things you just can't do with consoles(mods) but with the power of the current consoles it seems that there could have been more consistency across the board this time. I'm a PS3 owner(don't laugh) and I'm feeling more and more that I've been duped for $400 and am now being left behind.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #21
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get what the deal is with these fingerless gloves. Then again, I don't really play GTA4. Use your imagination. Imagine they're there

Also, the PC version looks the exact same to me.
Old 08-21-2008   #22
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRussell89 View Post
The only thing that pisses people off is that the features that are added for PC were obviously ideas they had prior to the release of the console versions. Now, I know there are some things you just can't do with consoles(mods) but with the power of the current consoles it seems that there could have been more consistency across the board this time. I'm a PS3 owner(don't laugh) and I'm feeling more and more that I've been duped for $400 and am now being left behind.

I think what pisses console noobs the most, is the fingerless gloves (appear to be) in the PC version.

When I say console noobs, I mean mostly the young ones who the enjoyment of a video game is based on it's ease or superior graphics.
Old 08-21-2008   #23
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
The game looks a tad better than the console version.. looking forward to this..
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #24
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
The way I see it:

PC Version: Upto 2560x1600 Progressive, Variable Frame Rate (as good as you can handle), upto 8xAA (Maybe 16xAA If RAGE is efficent enough on computers)

So it's bound to at least look better and sharper in some ways and at least play better with the unlocked frame rate like all past GTA Games do on PC.
Even though this is true, I have tried it in 720p, 1080i and 1080p and 1080p is definitely the best.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #25
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Even though this is true, I have tried it in 720p, 1080i and 1080p and 1080p is definitely the best.
Ahh, but that's the console working not the game, the game is native 720p, when you chose 1080p, it's the Xbox putting in the extra work not the game engine. With the PC Version it will render it at a native whatever you choose.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008   #26
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
PC version is gonna be great.
Old 08-21-2008   #27
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, this is coming out right after I get my Alienware. Its gonna kick ass on that!
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008   #28
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
Haha I found it hilarious that the fingerless gloves were pointed out.
Either way, I can't wait for it. I will probably sell my xbox version when I get it on PC
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #29
nataskapaus
Brucie baby

nataskapaus is on a distinguished roadnataskapaus is on a distinguished roadnataskapaus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post

I seriously hope that they have put in the ability to toggle the frame rate limiter, because i would much rather have a game that stays at 30 all the time than a game that fluctuates from 60 to 30 all the time.
nataskapaus is offline   Reply With Quote