Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: GTA IV PC Multiplayer better than console version>?
Fuck yeh consoles suck 13 38.24%
Umm still unsure 7 20.59%
A neutral yes will do 10 29.41%
Nah dont be stupid consoles are built for online play 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2008   #16
Cutts
Omniscient

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
It has been officially announced that multiplayer will be expanded for the PC version. To what degree, we can only guess, but since it's the only thing we know for sure about the PC version right now we can be sure it's at least something.
Well ofcourse Multiplayer is going to be expanded for the computer. Modification support. Keyboard Support. The computer is the hub to the internet.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #17
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Wait, so you mean that when a late PC port of a console game announces "expanded multiplayer", THAT is what you expect the "expansion" to be? No shit it's going to have M&K and mod support, it's a PC game. Don't you realise that a company like R* can't just market its game to have expanded multiplayer and forget to, you know, expand the multiplayer? Unless Rockstar is intent on pissing off their fans I can assure you there will be plenty of differences between PC and console multiplayer, and I don't just mean the no-shit-obvious ones like mods and mouse and keyboard.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #18
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
It might be a bit better on PC with it saying that Multiplayer will be expanded, but I don't really know yet.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #19
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
there are just so many possibilities, and hopefully they'll learn remove some of the shit modes that are on consoles.

TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #20
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
i would like to see 48 payer deathmatch/free roam, or possibly more as well all know it's very possible on PC.

but the thing i want most is a lobby.
Old 08-11-2008   #21
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
A new MMO mode!
Old 08-11-2008   #22
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
The online mode's are going to be the same as the console one's. But the difference is that. This is the p.c version which can handle more people at once. So i think i will wait before i judge if it is going to be better than a console version.

The expanded Gameplay muitlplayer ways is going to be great i hope. But it is better to wait. It is not long now anyway

To Quote Niko Bellic

" Things Will Be Different"

GTA IV PC Release dates :
November 18, 2008 North America
November 21, 2008 Europe

New features for the PC version of GTA includes these Multiplayer game modes.
Hangman’s Noose
Car Jack City
Bomb da Base
Bomb da Base II
Mafia Work
Team Mafia Work
Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
Turf War
Cops N Crooks
Race
GTA Race
Deal Breaker
Free Roam

Last edited by claud3; 08-12-2008 at 04:16 PM..
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #23
yohan12

yohan12 is on a distinguished roadyohan12 is on a distinguished roadyohan12 is on a distinguished road
i will not play gta 4 online unless they have something like SAMP out.
Because i have allways had problems with pc game servers.
yohan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #24
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
it will be as good if not better then the 360 version of Multi. Probobly some more content, hopefully no charge for online, but if it uses windows live....self explanatory
danhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #25
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
PC > Console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhex View Post
it will be as good if not better then the 360 version of Multi. Probobly some more content, hopefully no charge for online, but if it uses windows live....self explanatory
windows live is free now.

Last edited by rcguy150; 08-19-2008 at 12:36 AM..
rcguy150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008   #26
Staffybull97

Staffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud of
PC < Consoles.

I don't like the idea of multi-player on a PC. I think it's rather pointless.
And here at the end, at the end of the hurt
All the pain ain't the same when it's your turn to burn

Last edited by Staffybull97; 08-19-2008 at 12:32 AM..
Staffybull97 is offline   Reply With Quote