Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008   #76
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
If you actually believe COD4 specs will be similar to GTA4, you'd need a 3 year old rig or more at least to not be able to play the game then.

Just make sure you have a DX9 card, that's pretty much the only req COD4 needed, since it's pretty scalable on systems
Old 08-13-2008   #77
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
ok thankz man. But my p.c is 2 yars old and i have not upgraded it within that time frame.

you know what i am going to buy a new P.c
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #78
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
These days you can get a pretty good gaming PC for a medium sized budget, so I'm sure you won't have any problems making a choice.
Old 08-13-2008   #79
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
Sorry zcab i'm not trying to get a high post number i just like being nice to people here.

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #80
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0785 View Post
Sorry zcab i'm not trying to get a high post number i just like being nice to people here.
This does not mean you cannot put thoughts into your posts to help contribute to the discussion.

If you keep posting your "good job" posts, I am going to start giving you infractions for spamming, as that is basically what I see it as.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008   #81
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

thankz for the tip dude. I will get a new p.c in the next few weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
These days you can get a pretty good gaming PC for a medium sized budget, so I'm sure you won't have any problems making a choice.
Old 08-14-2008   #82
brokenfish
Lurker

brokenfish has a spectacular aura aboutbrokenfish has a spectacular aura aboutbrokenfish has a spectacular aura aboutbrokenfish has a spectacular aura aboutbrokenfish has a spectacular aura aboutbrokenfish has a spectacular aura aboutbrokenfish has a spectacular aura aboutbrokenfish has a spectacular aura aboutbrokenfish has a spectacular aura aboutbrokenfish has a spectacular aura aboutbrokenfish has a spectacular aura about
With that terrible release date, it'll just be another reason to fail finals.

claud3, I got my current PC for under $1000. If you wait until after GTA 4 comes out, I'm sure you can build a much better one.
Old 08-14-2008   #83
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Holy shit bf!!!

Ahem...Anyway you can get a pretty good rig for about $800 these days. Don't know if the enhanced PC version would be worth the money if all you're doing is wanted to get a better just for this game.
Old 08-14-2008   #84
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
Holy shit bf!!!

Ahem...Anyway you can get a pretty good rig for about $800 these days. Don't know if the enhanced PC version would be worth the money if all you're doing is wanted to get a better just for this game.
if you stick to a single video card setup then sure $800 for a decent gaming tower maybe possible. its when you go SLI or Crossfire is when it really hits your budget big time.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008   #85
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
My PC can run Half Life 2 Episode 2 on max graphics with no hiccups or any sort of slowdown. Think it can handle GTAIV? =]

I just built this rig like a month ago. It has an 8800gts, athlon x2 6000, and 4 gigs of ram. SLI ready. =]
Old 08-14-2008   #86
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy150 View Post
My PC can run Half Life 2 Episode 2 on max graphics with no hiccups or any sort of slowdown. Think it can handle GTAIV? =]

I just built this rig like a month ago. It has an 8800gts, athlon x2 6000, and 4 gigs of ram. SLI ready. =]
That will handle it like a dream. Nice setup
Old 08-15-2008   #87
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy150 View Post

oh easily thats a nice setup

Source Engine games are insanely optimized nearly any game configuration can run on it mine can run all them fine at 1600x1200, Max detail as well

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 08-15-2008 at 12:42 AM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008   #88
claud3
Banned
Banned

with all the advice you all have give me. Then i will get a good p.c under £1,000. Thankz
Old 08-16-2008   #89
Poseidon417

Poseidon417 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope it's on Steam...all the other GTA's are.

Except LCS and VCS, of course.
Poseidon417 is offline   Reply With Quote