Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you want the Crap Shack to reopen?
Yes 68 83.95%
No 13 16.05%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008   #1
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Exclamation PLEASE VOTE: The Crap Shack

A major feature of this website once was a forum named the "Crap Shack". Its purpose was to allow members to have an open discussion in a similar form to a chat room with few rules. Some time ago a decision was taken by staff members to remove this feature of the site but with our recent expansion both in membership and in staff we've been discussing the possibility of opening the Crap Shack again.

There would be some differences this time. Previously, the Crap Shack created overlap between Off Topic and Unrelated and itself but with this new iteration we'd be introducing a rule where a topic which is serious or which would fit in another forum must be placed there rather than in the Crap Shack. This will put an end to topics in the Crap Shack with *nospam* in their titles and will also help to encourage discussion across the range of forums we offer.

A concern which arose during discussion about this was the possibility of new members being unfairly treated or otherwise excluded by more experienced members. We'd be monitoring this situation carefully if The Crap Shack did reopen and those who weren't playing by the rules would receive the normal warnings and suchlike.

Some staff members also felt that the forum created a juvenile atmosphere on the forums, while others felt that the "fun and entertainment" which the Crap Shack used to provide were in keeping with the "fun and entertainment" of the GTA series.

If you're still unsure about what the Crap Shack is like you can view three samples of its content by clicking the links below. These three threads were all originally made in the Crap Shack while it was open:
Sample:
Sample: Pie vs. Caek
Sample: Cat!

Staff opinion on the revival of the Crap Shack is divided, so we're opening up voting to every GTAGaming member for a period of three days.

All that's left for you to do now is cast your vote in this GTAGaming referendum.

PS: If you've got any thoughts on the issue, please reply to this thread after casting your vote.
Old 08-13-2008   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
If the subforum would have to be strictly moderated to keep it open, so be it. As long as i don't have to watch and rethink everything i might want to say without deviating from the original topic and getting warning points, it's fine for me.
Old 08-13-2008   #3
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Only if the [NS] trend is abolished so OT&U gets more use, but I vote yes.

Last edited by ska; 08-13-2008 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: I meant OT&U
Old 08-13-2008   #4
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Please to god I hope it comes back and stays that way this time round.
Old 08-13-2008   #5
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
i vote yes without reading the topic i vote yes a thousand times
Old 08-13-2008   #6
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
Personally, I think it should. It may draw attention from other parts of the forum though (notably the OT&U, though I suppose having the NS rule removed would keep that part alive still).
Old 08-13-2008   #7
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, but I feel that the rules should be enforced. Moderators/Admins should take no shit at all and punish people if they go a little too far in threads.

grimmy is a gay icon
Old 08-13-2008   #8
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
I voted yes, but only for a handful of reasons, the main one being so I can look back at threads that I so dearly miss. I know that if it opens, I probably won't get 2,000 posts for another couple of years, but that's too bad for me.
Old 08-13-2008   #9
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
What would be the definition of "too far"? It's the Crap Shack, a spam forum where there are no boundaries. Not saying it's way out like /b/ but still, we all know what CS was and for a lot of us, it was the main reason we came to this site. I'll tell you, when the CS was opened for all of about a day or so, that was more fun that I've had on this site in like a year, and other would say the same. I agree with with the moving "NS" threads over to OT but if there's going to be heavily enforced rules in the CS than it should just stay closed as it won't be the one we all know and love.

Besides, if Zidane doesn't want it back, are we really so sure it would if the votes passed?
Old 08-13-2008   #10
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
Question: What will our votes count towards with the opening of the Crap Shack? Would it not be 50%, with the other 50% coming from the staff?
Old 08-13-2008   #11
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Doubt it, but it's your patriotic duty to vote for YOUR COUNTRY/FORUM!
Old 08-13-2008   #12
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macey View Post
Question: What will our votes count towards with the opening of the Crap Shack? Would it not be 50%, with the other 50% coming from the staff?
The greater majority of staff members have already voted to bring it back. Now members are voting in order to prove to the skeptical few staff that this is what members want or don't want. So yes, this poll has a lot of power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
What would be the definition of "too far"? It's the Crap Shack, a spam forum where there are no boundaries. Not saying it's way out like /b/ but still, we all know what CS was and for a lot of us, it was the main reason we came to this site. I'll tell you, when the CS was opened for all of about a day or so, that was more fun that I've had on this site in like a year, and other would say the same. I agree with with the moving "NS" threads over to OT but if there's going to be heavily enforced rules in the CS than it should just stay closed as it won't be the one we all know and love.
"Heavily enforced" is a bit misleading. Basically, we don't want to let it turn into a place where people bash new members and get away with insulting posts. If you're that sort of person (which phreak, you definitely aren't) then you may have a problem with the rules, but for everybody else it will not be that big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
Besides, if Zidane doesn't want it back, are we really so sure it would if the votes passed?
Yes we are sure. Zidane has taken part in the Staff Lounge discussion, and encouraged the making of this poll. We also have a more logical method of decision making now.
Old 08-13-2008   #13
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
I prefer the idea of no *NS* in the CS, if it's not a spam topic it should be in OT&U.

Last edited by SAMUEL L JACKSON!!; 08-13-2008 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: wait for the crap shack, then post crap
Old 08-13-2008   #14
SimonS
Pffft.

SimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of light
Get rid of that *NS* crap and bring it back. This place is shit without it, I only come on to view the mugshots and see if anyones posted a fitness thread. With *NS* out of the CS, it should create a nice medium between activity in the crap shack and Off topic forum.

lenient forums create great communities, dictatorships create butt-hurt members who just leave or stick around being PC to the rules. Bring it back, bring it back
Old 08-13-2008   #15
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
The crap shack was good fun, And its smart enforcing the removal of *NS* topics in CS, That way OT&U will still have some kick in it.

OT&U has been pretty empty lately come to think of it.

I hope this vote passes! And we get our lovely crap shack back.