Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2008   #16
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBlanco View Post
OMG , LOOK AT THE BOXART.. THEY COMPLETED CHANGED IT!!

Wait.. ITS EXACTLY THE SAME...

Why the hell was there a thread dedicated to this???

GOD..
One thing about is the LIVE it states on the top. Which enables more features and such... Chill out. It isn't going to kill you.
Old 08-10-2008   #17
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
its exactly the same as it was months ago its just free now
It's a step down from traditional PC gaming. Going from dedicated to P2P is backwards progression.

Wonder if the teams behind SA-MP and MTA will create their own online versions of the game?
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #18
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception View Post
It's a step down from traditional PC gaming. Going from dedicated to P2P is backwards progression.

Wonder if the teams behind SA-MP and MTA will create their own online versions of the game?
well the PC version of GTA4 is suppose to have expanded multiplayer and may remove the 16 player limit per server, so they might not have to.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #19
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Hmm. Games for Windows LIVE has annoyed people in the past, but at least it's free now!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #20
W1ckeD
Life is complicated

W1ckeD is on a distinguished roadW1ckeD is on a distinguished roadW1ckeD is on a distinguished road
Yeah it's free , and a good thing.

I hope that the multiplayer will work smooth, and that we can set up our own servers, not have to depend on servers from Microsoft.

On the other side, that means there are going to be alot of people that are running a server on there 10MBIT connection.
But also people who got professional servers.

Boxart, yeah just the same, but i hope it will be the same like the GTA SA P.c verison.
Old 08-10-2008   #21
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
I was so depressed until seeing everyone say that it's now free!
Will I still be able to use my XBL gamertag on it though?
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #22
mojocoops
Newbie Member

mojocoops is an unknown quantity at this point
How is this news? The Rockstar GTA IV site had the GFW Live logo down the bottom next to the Xbox Live logo straight after the PC release was announced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilver65 View Post
Will I still be able to use my XBL gamertag on it though?
Yes you will
mojocoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #23
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
It's news because they released the boxart, I didn't really suspect it would be any different then the xbox though.
It's news but it's not super exciting news lol.
And I can use my XBL gamertag, with a silver subscription, and play for free?

Edit: I'm sorry I misunderstood, I thought the thread was about the revealing of the box art. Now I see that the headline says that is revealed it will use GFW

Last edited by BlackSilver65; 08-11-2008 at 12:03 AM..
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #24
mojocoops
Newbie Member

mojocoops is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilver65 View Post
Edit: I'm sorry I misunderstood, I thought the thread was about the revealing of the box art. Now I see that the headline says that is revealed it will use GFW
lol which is why I'm like "no shit "
mojocoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #25
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
Cool box art, I'm probably gonna get this if my PC could be powerful enough to run it.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #26
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
no you can't, Windows Live and Xbox Live are seperate networks.
no

Quote:
I don't think we will ever see the day where console/PC gamers can play on the same network.
no

They are the same networks. PC/XBOX360 users can play against each other for certain games. An example is Shadowrun.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #27
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
all this time I thought they were seperate, cause windows live is free, xbox live you have to pay for.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008   #28
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
You can use your xbox live account on PC, but you can't use your Windows live account on xbox for online gaming. if you have a free Windows live account.