Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2008   #1
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
I'm still getting horrible framerates (PS3)

Is this specific to my PS3, to all PS3s, or to all versions of GTA4?

It stutters 80% of the game. I'm in my Alderney safehouse, it's smooth. I step out, and it's stutter-city. If I had a guess, I'd say the game barely ever goes above 30FPS. Hell, it almost never hits 30FPS for me.

I've seen videos online, and they seem much, much smoother than what I'm playing. Then again, they all appear to be the 360 version. Any other PS3 owners here that are getting bad framerates?
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #2
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
I get it now and then when the copz are after me. Even if it is just two wanted stars
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #3
Strike.

Strike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enoughStrike. will become famous soon enough
Sounds like a problem with your PS3 or copy of the game. I hardly ever get any slow framerate issues on the PS3 version.
Strike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #4
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I have nver had any problems with framerate except for some matches with only rocket launchers but that is expected from all the carnage going on.
Old 08-08-2008   #5
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
Nah, I've never had loads of problems with it. Only rarely the frame rate goes a bit dodgy, it doesn't hardly happen anymore. Can any patches fix this? Or if you reckon it's your PS3, does it happen with other games or just GTA IV?

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #6
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
It happens with all games gta or not. But we can not do anything about it unless the game maker release patches to fix it
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #7
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
None of my other games have unusual framerate problems (MGS4, COD4, etc). I was thinking maybe my standards are just too high. But, the videos I've seen are definitely a lot smoother than what I'm playing.

Could it be the game itself? Maybe I got a screwed up disc or something.
Old 08-08-2008   #8
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Could be that the GTA IV cache is fragmented.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #9
Shadow Conception

^true, since I formatted once before + reinstalled and got better framerates (placebo?). But if it has to be done over and over like this, that's just pathetic.
Old 08-09-2008   #10
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
My game runs smoothly, it stutters occasionally when a lot is happening, this is rare though. It's most likely your copy of the game.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008   #11
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I don't have any problems with mine. Just an occasional hiccup when the shit's going down but that's classic GTA right there so I'm pretty much used it. But it's not like it's un-playable or anything.