Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2008   #46
kalifa

kalifa is on a distinguished roadkalifa is on a distinguished road
I haven't had any problems playing PC games myself. It's just stuff I've seen on the net. Some people talking about how their game would not start because it detected daemon tools or something like that.

Copy protection - well... StarForce for one. People hate that one. Luckily, none of the games I've bought use that particular protection so I don't know how bad it really is... again, just what i've seen on the net.

On another note... what is the fingerless glove thing I read about?

Last edited by kalifa; 08-08-2008 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: fingerless gloves
kalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #47
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
I'd love to buy this for PC, but i dunno if my PC would run it, you'd need a proper good PC to run GTA IV on so that it runs smoothly and so there's no crashes or glitches.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #48
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holster View Post
I'd love to buy this for PC, but i dunno if my PC would run it, you'd need a proper good PC to run GTA IV on so that it runs smoothly and so there's no crashes or glitches.
I'm with you on that holster i can't wait till i get my hands on the pc version of this game.

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #49
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I'll still pick it up even if I don't upgrade for awhile.
Old 08-08-2008   #50
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
I might get it on release date or i might pick it up the day after.

Old 08-08-2008   #51
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
I am getting my P.C upgraded. So might get it when it is released.

Last edited by claud3; 08-08-2008 at 05:43 PM..
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #52
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
What are the minimum requirements, that's what I'm wondering. How good does your PC have to be to run this?

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #53
Blaze0785

Quote:
What are the minimum requirements, that's what I'm wondering. How good does your PC have to be to run this?
Well first things first you have to have enough space for it to play what kind of computer do you have holster

Old 08-08-2008   #54
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
I can almost garantee the PC version of GTA4 will have glitches, GTASA had many of them when it was ported from Console to PC. (mostly map glitches tho, and those can be fun sometimes)

just hope thier isn't any issues that will interfere with the storyline.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #55
Blaze0785

true that when i played gta san andreas on my pc it looked as if the screen was melting but i started over and it worked fine again

Old 08-08-2008   #56
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I hope this doesn't turn into another crysis or assassins creed cause that would suck.
Old 08-08-2008   #57
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0785 View Post
Well first things first you have to have enough space for it to play what kind of computer do you have holster
Hard Drive space is a minor factor in most peoples case.
Old 08-08-2008   #58
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Hard Drive space is a minor factor in most peoples case.
yeah thats true.

But i think the largest game that ISNT a MMO at the moment would be Turok at a whopping 12 gigs. im glad i just bought a 640GB harddrive for all these new games
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #59
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
When I say minor case, I mean in comparison with CPU speed, Graphics card, Ram etc.
I can't imagine my current set up (I can run bioshock at a stable FPS on medium) will be able to run IV
Old 08-08-2008   #60
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Bioshock I can run at 1280x960, Max Detail, 4X AA just fine. I tried 1600x1200 but lack of video memory was the problem.

with GTA4 however I hope I can at least do 1024x768, Highest Detail with 4X FSAA or better

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shy Child. View Post
I hope this doesn't turn into another crysis or assassins creed cause that would suck.
I fully agree.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote