Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2008   #31
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I doubt I will be able to run this on my laptop, if it does run then I hope they make the controller support a bit easier to configure than in San Andreas. My part of having it on PC is that the mods will fit in instead of having like a realistic car in a lego world as someone on here once put it.
Old 08-07-2008   #32
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Chances are the game will work just as it does on the 360 if you have a 360 controller.

I think it'd be pretty dumb not to at LEAST include 360 controller support.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #33
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
Chances are the game will work just as it does on the 360 if you have a 360 controller.

I think it'd be pretty dumb not to at LEAST include 360 controller support.
Ah but at the same time not make it a 360 ONLY Controller, there are games out there like Bioshock and Gears of War that have 360 Controller Support but don't allow any other kind of controller to work which really annoyed some people.

Ahh, who cares anyway, people are already slagging off Rockstar for releasing it on PC, they can't do right unless they release San Andreas Part 2.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #34
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
What do you mean Ash?
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #35
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Just the general opinion that GTA IV sucks compared to San Andreas is like EVERYWHERE, and "fans" over at GTA Forums are just constantly slating Rockstars every move, even saying they've fucked up a PC release they should of released it at the same time as the console version, Rockstar are clueless, etc.

As for modding topics, one of the most requested things already (apart from Fingerless Gloves) is to try and find a way to get CJ to replace Niko. It just annoys me, sure San Andreas was good, personally it's my least fave of the last generation but the way people are obsessed over it is just bad, basically Rockstar are a shit company and whatever they do is shit abd bad unless they release a San Andreas Part 2 for these people.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #36
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotha View Post
Same goes to me, but when I´ve got my new shit....

GTA V Trailer 1 Recreated in GTA IV!

hahahah xD
Cool

On-topic, the PC announcement wasn't quite a surpsise, but it did come quite a little bit late.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #37
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
Just the general opinion that GTA IV sucks compared to San Andreas is like EVERYWHERE, and "fans" over at GTA Forums are just constantly slating Rockstars every move, even saying they've fucked up a PC release they should of released it at the same time as the console version, Rockstar are clueless, etc.

As for modding topics, one of the most requested things already (apart from Fingerless Gloves) is to try and find a way to get CJ to replace Niko. It just annoys me, sure San Andreas was good, personally it's my least fave of the last generation but the way people are obsessed over it is just bad, basically Rockstar are a shit company and whatever they do is shit abd bad unless they release a San Andreas Part 2 for these people.
Those people are idiotic, and probably only started to like GTA after San Andreas. They have no clue, so it's best to just ignore them.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #38
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
I'm happy to hear that a PC version has been announced. My computer's going to need some upgrades before I can run it though.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #39
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
The biggest problem I have with people finding SA the ultimate GTA, is that it did the things that made the games before it so great, poorly. The abundance of features and the huge, unconcentrated world undermined the storyline in becoming as coherent as the ones from III and VC, and in turn traded their small casts of memorable characters with great dialogue for more of a clusterfuck of stock characters with questionable lines (though I admit a handful of characters from SA were some of the more memorable in the series, and it even had the most interesting one in the form of Toreno IMO).
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #40
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutts View Post
Those people are idiotic, and probably only started to like GTA after San Andreas. They have no clue, so it's best to just ignore them.
Yes. It's stupid. I started playing GTA after Vice City was released, but I played from GTA 1 down all the way to GTA IV, following each one chronologically , so I played and loved every GTA game for what it is, for it's uniqueness. They're all great. GTA IV was better than San Andreas. Definitely. This is how far GTA has come.

Sometimes, I really regretted that I didn't find out about GTA earlier, or start a gaming hobby earlier. I really love GTA so much, but I'm missing out on some GTA III stuff, I suppose. GTA III was great., I played it everyday, before. But, not now.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #41
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
I will need a big and better p.c to run this game. I would like to hear the spec's need to run this game. So i can rob a bank to get the money together
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #42
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Make sure you have a three leaf clover on your ski mask to remove all doubt GTA made you do it.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #43
kalifa

kalifa is on a distinguished roadkalifa is on a distinguished road
A pc gta iv special edition would be cool, like the one released for the consoles.

About the piracy stuff... it's a tough one. Hopefully people will think before clicking on that "download" button. It really hurts the industry and specially the gamer in the end. I mean, look at some of those game out there and the types of copy protection they use. Some of them don't even allow the gamer to play the game purchased if they detect the slightest hint of "strange" computer software installed.
kalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #44
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Ok i will.Skimask and fingerless cloves will be my choice of outfit to wear. I will not blame GTA IV. I will blame the shop i got my P.C in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
Make sure you have a three leaf clover on your ski mask to remove all doubt GTA made you do it.
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008   #45
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalifa View Post
A pc gta iv special edition would be cool, like the one released for the consoles.

About the piracy stuff... it's a tough one. Hopefully people will think before clicking on that "download" button. It really hurts the industry and specially the gamer in the end. I mean, look at some of those game out there and the types of copy protection they use. Some of them don't even allow the gamer to play the game purchased if they detect the slightest hint of "strange" computer software installed.
I has to pay da bilz
I has to buyz da foods
I has to works my bum off

So yes i though about it, I'll still save my 60 euros for creature comforts.

Hurts the industry? Yes, they lose about 60k sells and at the apex millions of babies will die. Hurt the gamer? If they refuse to sell it anymore on PC and go console wise, we can just continue from there. They aren't safe, anything can be cracked. Anything.

Copy protection? I don't know which game your playing, but I'm going to say you've probably installed NetNanny 6. I've been playing PC games all my life and haven't encountered something that did that.

Strange computer software? If you had Daemon Tools and Y.A.S.U. running to cover up the fake emulated drive, you can surely expect it to set off a few alarms with SecuROM.

They can try to install rootkits if they want, but they have publicity so bad they'll have to shovel their heads out of their assholes to continue.

I've seen a few companies do this, and in a week or less they either apologized and supplied a removal for it or the community provided one that worked even better. Take Sony for example, tried to rootkit customers and they got royally fucked in the end.