Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2008   #31
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
Some of you are making it seem like a committed a pretty crime or something while defending him. He doesn't need people to defend him, I"m not saying he deserves to die but he deserves HARSH punishment. He killed another man, he took his life away just to see if it was as easy as in a game. Even if he has a mental issue don't you think that he'd know that killing this man just to see how easy it is is wrong, I may be wrong though because I don't know everything about metal issues.
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #32
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shy Child. View Post
If I was the president of a country and I made all the decision then my first one would be to have a no excuses law that when you do kill somebody, you can't blame movies or video games or music for your actions, you choose to kill a person, forms of entertainment don't make people decide to kill someone, their brain do.

That Thai kid made his decision to kill the taxi driver and he knew it was illegal but he did it anyway and because he said GTA IV made him do it, all the people in Thailand will miss out now all because of what one person did.
Yeah there brain does.
But this is where it gets tricky.
They say the game trains their brain (Which is actually proven)
Doesn't mean you have to go rampage though

Oh well it seems blaming video games is the new cool thing to do in town.

I know I should have blamed The Sims when I locked up my neighbour between 4 walls
Old 08-05-2008   #33
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
You know what?
There's a reason why R* did not put in the "robbing taxi driver" ability. It's because something like this would have happened.

Now, they're blaming a crime on a game which does not even allow you to do this? Besides, there is something called a disclaimer that R* has put in GTA IV. Putting a ban on a game that has no effects on crime (other then deterring it) is stupid at best. It just shows how incompetent the Thailand authorities are.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #34
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
You know what?
There's a reason why R* did not put in the "robbing taxi driver" ability. It's because something like this would have happened.

Now, they're blaming a crime on a game which does not even allow you to do this? Besides, there is something called a disclaimer that R* has put in GTA IV. Putting a ban on a game that has no effects on crime (other then deterring it) is stupid at best. It just shows how incompetent the Thailand authorities are.
He did not rob him.
He Killed Him
But i agree with the second paragraph
Old 08-05-2008   #35
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
Sad to see that one persons excuses can lead to a whole country banning a videogame. Well, in Thailand you can get years in prison, only for stepping on a picture of the king. Even though it wasn't on purpose.

Also, I know a couple of books that have made people dig themself underground to wait for day of doom, raped in the name of god, started wars etc. Maybe they should start by banning those 2 books. You know which books I mean.

Last edited by T-Virus; 08-05-2008 at 08:24 AM..
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #36
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Just be thankful he didn't put on the flying cars cheat and steal a tank. The fucker would still be wreaking havoc now!

But anyways, I couldn't be bothered to RTFA; is the game officially banned, or is it just a couple of shops are like "we're going to pretend to take the moral high ground and refuse to sell this game in our stores"?

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008   #37
yohan12

yohan12 is on a distinguished roadyohan12 is on a distinguished roadyohan12 is on a distinguished road
This will only happen with GTA. No other video games will be blamed for anything. I should blame Battlefield Bad Company for making me "WANT" to destroy things and cut down trees.
yohan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #38
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
Yeah and I should sue The Sims for making me go to work everyday.
...and peeing myself under if I don't find the toilet because the architect decided to build 4 walls with no door around it.
Old 08-06-2008   #39
doombringer12
It's About War Not About Peace

doombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enoughdoombringer12 will become famous soon enough
thats wrong and i really messed up but hey i wouldnt lie if they told me i could get away with it if i blamed it on a game ur damn right i would.
thats my opinion

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:dragon_Alphabet
doombringer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #40
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you get to kill cab drivers in Saint's Row? Oh, he must not own a 360. A "scene" fom the game eh? Uhh, not so much.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #41
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
Guess the US isnt alone on this topic. I find it very interesting that the government of quite a few countries and states would rather blame the corporation than the person or their guardians. This is as ridiculous as blaming a tobacco company for lung cancer or mouth cancer. When are people going to understand that a video game company is not at fault for a persons F#$%ed up behavior?

The death penalty is fine by me. I believe the bible says "an eye for an eye". If you MURDER someone, then you deserve to die. If you rape someone, then you deserve to go to jail and get raped. If you rape and kill someone, then you deserve to go to jail and get raped while you wait to be executed. Theft is not punishable by death in my eyes, but im sure it is in some country.

GarrettQ
i think in other countries they cut off your fingers if caught stealing, then when you walk around the whole world knows your a thief
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008   #42
GarrettQ

GarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by comics22 View Post
i think in other countries they cut off your fingers if caught stealing, then when you walk around the whole world knows your a thief
Thats better than being beat to death by people throwing rocks a you. God i love sharia law!

GarrettQ
GarrettQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #43
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
If you already own a copy of GTA IV and you live in Thailand, can you still play it, or is it banned all together?
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008   #44
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
I made a post that was inspired by these threads. Photoshop fun! Check it out:

Clicky!