Old 08-03-2008   #1
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
movie references

has any one notice that some mission names are references to movies like these right here

Reach the part of the game where Niko and Roman have a safehouse in South Bohan. In the house on the left of the table near the television is a pile of books. The middle purple book in a stack of three is titled "Madness & Blasphemy: The Do's and Dont's". This is an reference to the movie 300 where in the "This is Sparta!" scene, the lines "This is blasphemy! This is madness!" are spoken.

Le Fin Absolue Du Monde
This film is referenced in the city and in the in-game internet. Go by Frankfort Ave. in Algonquin to find a poster of a movie called "The Flying Whore". That poster is a reference to Le Fin Absolue Du Monde, the fake deadly-film featured in the short movie Cigarette Burns by John Carpenter in the Masters Of Horror series on TV. To see a funny review of that movie, search for it at the online cultural magazine of Liberty City through the in-game internet.

Point Break
In Packie's "Three Leaf Clover" mission, while Michael is watching the hostages, one of the men on the floor turns to a man next to him and tells him that he is a member of a gun club and when the time is right they will fight back. When Michael is distracted, the man stands up, shoots Michael, then in turn is killed by Packie and his brother. This is a reference to the bank heist in the movie Point Break.

Reservoir Dogs
When shooting at cops, you will sometimes hear them yell "I'm going to be OK!", just like Mr. Orange in Reservoir Dogs. -From: Dom Scarpa

Terminator 2: Judgment Day
The mission "I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, And Your Motorcycle" is a reference to the line spoken by Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

The Big Lebowski
While you are bowling, you can hear random conversations in the background. If you listen closely, you can occasionally hear someone order a White Russian, The Dude's favorite drink from the movie The Big Lebowski. The Dude was an avid bowler, and several scenes from the movie take place in a bowling alley.

The Revenger's Tragedy
The final mission, "A Revenger's Tragedy", is a reference to the play and movie based on the play titled The Revenger's Tragedy.

To Live And Die In L.A.
The mission "To Live And Die in Alderney" is a reference to the movie To Live And Die In L.A.

Versus
The numbers on blue armored prison transport truck are KSC-303, which is a reference to the main character of the Japanese film Versus, who is known as Prisoner KSC2-303.

Weekend At Bernie's
The mission "Weekend At Florian's" is a reference to the film Weekend At Bernie's.

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Old 08-04-2008   #2
Geddes
Amateur Member

Geddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished road
Should really post this in the easter eggs part of the forums. Also, I've seen every single one of these in the same order and wording on countless GTA forums before more times than I care to mention.
Old 08-04-2008   #3
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Aint this posted allready? where did you copy paste this?
Old 08-05-2008   #4
wwecruz

wwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enoughwwecruz will become famous soon enough
Good find Blaze!

I've reconized some in the game while i play it.

Old 08-05-2008   #5
atdray
AlcoholicA

atdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enough
All that can be found in the official Easter Egg thread.

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105333
Old 08-05-2008   #6
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
By the way, I submitted that Reservoir Dogs one. I submit this to cheatcc.com and a bunch of other places used the whole section.

Oh yeah, and way to copy and paste instead of posting something useful or original. I think I'm going to copy and paste all the websites you can go to... followed by all the cheats you can enter!
Old 08-05-2008   #7
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't seen it before, and if it's copypasted i still haven't noticed this before.

Rockstar has a pretty good sense of humor for these kinds of things
Old 08-05-2008   #8
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
In Packie's "Three Leaf Clover" mission, while Michael is watching the hostages, one of the men on the floor turns to a man next to him and tells him that he is a member of a gun club and when the time is right they will fight back. When Michael is distracted, the man stands up, shoots Michael, then in turn is killed by Packie and his brother. This is a reference to the bank heist in the movie Point Break

that may be true, but the true movie it is copied by is the movie back in the 90s with pacino, dinero couple other stars i believe its called HEAT, or serpico cant remember which 1, serpico actually, a bank heist, and guys brother dies, then wen they leave they make their way up the street, watch the movie its an awesome movie.
Old 08-05-2008   #9
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhex View Post
In Packie's "Three Leaf Clover" mission, while Michael is watching the hostages, one of the men on the floor turns to a man next to him and tells him that he is a member of a gun club and when the time is right they will fight back. When Michael is distracted, the man stands up, shoots Michael, then in turn is killed by Packie and his brother. This is a reference to the bank heist in the movie Point Break

that may be true, but the true movie it is copied by is the movie back in the 90s with pacino, dinero couple other stars i believe its called HEAT, or serpico cant remember which 1, serpico actually, a bank heist, and guys brother dies, then wen they leave they make their way up the street, watch the movie its an awesome movie.

This is the scene from heat that you might have meant. For me, that's one of the best heist shootouts in cinematic history.

PS; The action starts at around 5 - 6 mins in the video
Old 08-05-2008   #10
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Thread locked by request of OP (apparently it's a duplicate.)

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Closed Thread