Old 07-28-2008   #16
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
There's nothing wrong with DLC. It's just an optional downloadable expansion pack. I'm looking forward to hearing what the contents are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0785 View Post
nice explenation i'm a ps3 user but i don't never bother using dlc but again nice find
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0785 View Post
that's not a bad idea all i want is more cars and clothing
Buuuut... how are you going to get that if you're a PS3 user? The DLC is Xbox exclusive...

Last edited by dokujitsu; 07-28-2008 at 04:57 PM..
dokujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008   #17
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
i was talking about if theyhave dlc for ps3

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #18
2657canes

2657canes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
If anything I read that DLC won't be anything major, certainly not new islands or main story missions, I doubt it'd ever be anything that big, I'm expecting more weapons, more online gaming modes and hopefully more Random characters.
You'd be 100% wrong in what you read. MS didnt pay Rockstar $10 million (more than the budget of Assassins Creed alone) just for "weapons, modes, and randoms". They've clearly stated MULTIPLE times, its episodic.

There will be more missions -- this is a certainty. The most likely scenario is a brand new character (obv not Niko) that has a parallel storyline (probably not as long as Nikos, but still no small matter) in Liberty City. I dont expect new places or things like that, but I do expect missions and storyline stuff, but it will be someone other than Niko. Maybe someone we've already met, maybe not.

It will also never be on PS3. Its not like MS paid chump change for this addons exclusivty, which is essentially what its going to be. The early rumor is that it will be a 2 to 3 GB download (1600 pts cost) and will provide minimum 10 hours more gameplay. $10 Million in the gaming world is like $100 million in the film world. Its more than the budget of many well known and successful games. This is one of the main reasons they're launching the 60 GB Pro model when they are, so theres enough consoles launched when the DLC is released, and when Netflix streaming goes live w/ the fall update. The onlyplace I could foresee this showing up is on the PC version a year or two down the line when they launch a "GOTY" version or something similar. It will be on no other console other than the 360.

It will be the biggest test for MS in terms of Add-Ons, as they've never had anything this expansive before. This is also exactly why it was pushed from the original proposed release date, because Rockstar was not ready yet and nothing like this has been done on this scale before.

Use your brains. If it was something as miniscule as weapons, a mode or two, and random crap, it would've been out already and no one would not care and they would not describe it as episodic. This launch is expected to be the biggest XBox Live launch in history, more than anything that they've ever had on Live before.
2657canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #19
jascando

jascando is an unknown quantity at this point
i know i read somewhere that dan houser said that the DLC was not just gonna be ONLY weapons or cars, he said POSSIBLY a new city, but with the easter egg of niko having that plane ticket to san andreas, and all the mentions of vicy and such in the game i dont think its impossible to think eventually we might be traveling to vice or sa to do some buisness.
jascando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #20
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2657canes View Post
You'd be 100% wrong in what you read. MS didnt pay Rockstar $10 million (more than the budget of Assassins Creed alone) just for "weapons, modes, and randoms". They've clearly stated MULTIPLE times, its episodic.

There will be more missions -- this is a certainty. The most likely scenario is a brand new character (obv not Niko) that has a parallel storyline (probably not as long as Nikos, but still no small matter) in Liberty City. I dont expect new places or things like that, but I do expect missions and storyline stuff, but it will be someone other than Niko. Maybe someone we've already met, maybe not.

It will also never be on PS3. Its not like MS paid chump change for this addons exclusivty, which is essentially what its going to be. The early rumor is that it will be a 2 to 3 GB download (1600 pts cost) and will provide minimum 10 hours more gameplay. $10 Million in the gaming world is like $100 million in the film world. Its more than the budget of many well known and successful games. This is one of the main reasons they're launching the 60 GB Pro model when they are, so theres enough consoles launched when the DLC is released, and when Netflix streaming goes live w/ the fall update. The onlyplace I could foresee this showing up is on the PC version a year or two down the line when they launch a "GOTY" version or something similar. It will be on no other console other than the 360.

It will be the biggest test for MS in terms of Add-Ons, as they've never had anything this expansive before. This is also exactly why it was pushed from the original proposed release date, because Rockstar was not ready yet and nothing like this has been done on this scale before.

Use your brains. If it was something as miniscule as weapons, a mode or two, and random crap, it would've been out already and no one would not care and they would not describe it as episodic. This launch is expected to be the biggest XBox Live launch in history, more than anything that they've ever had on Live before.
Dude dude DUDE, ok, one, you're really over hyping this, I find the best approach is to not expect much and then be surprised rather than to expect God and be constantly disapointed. Two, I can easily see the Episodic content to mean more side missions like Random Characters, Assassination Missions, Little Various tasks around the city. Why you ask? Do you think Rockstar are going to restrict themselves, piss off half their fanbase which in turn will lose them more money? If you're expecting a whole new game through DLC then YOU ARE going to be disapointed. Also, they really should not charge much for this, at least have some free DLC along side big packages cause I'll be honest, I rarely get MS Points, I'm not going to spend 35 getting 4,000 Points just so I can play an add on for a game I already bought, if anything that too would piss off the fans, infact the more I look at this, it would be better if it's small, because if it was big, then they're going to piss off pretty much three quarters of the fanbase! The only ones who Will be happy and the Xbox Fanboys.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #21
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I never get downloadable content if there is a price anyway so I ain't really that fussed that its exclusive. I am just curious now to see what it actually is. It's not a new city like Vice City or San Andreas, because that would ruin the suprise and ideas for the next GTA title. It ain't gonna be a new character. Its gonna be some new vehicles, weapons, clothes, missions and activities, stuff that doesn't effect or have anything to do with the main storyline.

Last edited by The Shy Child.; 08-04-2008 at 09:34 PM..
The Shy Child. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008   #22
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:

Microsoft paid $50 million. Also it won't necessarily be another character you play as.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #23
2657canes

2657canes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
Dude dude DUDE, ok, one, you're really over hyping this, I find the best approach is to not expect much and then be surprised rather than to expect God and be constantly disapointed. Two, I can easily see the Episodic content to mean more side missions like Random Characters, Assassination Missions, Little Various tasks around the city. Why you ask? Do you think Rockstar are going to restrict themselves, piss off half their fanbase which in turn will lose them more money? If you're expecting a whole new game through DLC then YOU ARE going to be disapointed. Also, they really should not charge much for this, at least have some free DLC along side big packages cause I'll be honest, I rarely get MS Points, I'm not going to spend 35 getting 4,000 Points just so I can play an add on for a game I already bought, if anything that too would piss off the fans, infact the more I look at this, it would be better if it's small, because if it was big, then they're going to piss off pretty much three quarters of the fanbase! The only ones who Will be happy and the Xbox Fanboys.
Do you really think Microsoft paid 50 million for something that only the hardcore fans would care about??? The only way to reach casual GTA gamers is by making this reaching, and with that figure, 50 million, its going to be far more than "side missions".

Think about it. $50 million (I said 10 my mistake) is not a small matter. Where do you get this 3/4 of the fanbase figure from? The game has sold almost 2:1 on the 360 versus PS3. I have both systems, and am not turning this into a console argument. 50 Million is more than most games (including many hits) entire BUDGETS. From all early indications, the DLC has been touted with one word: EPISODIC. This does not apply to cars and ancillary crap that could've been released a month after release. They have to tune the story, script the missions, etc. etc. MS would not throw away 50 million on DLC exclusivity for new leisure suits and cars and the 500th variation of a deathmatch and random stuff that amounts to nothing in the storyline. Im telling you: new character or existing with a larger role, more missions, with parallel storyline elements.

You're fooling yourself if you honestly think that its going to be something small or throwaway. More missions with another character is hardly saying its going to be a brand new game. Its still going to run on the same engine, and I would assume that it would fit in the context of Niko's story.

You're absolutely insane if you think MS spent $50 million for clothes, cars, multiplayer modes, and silly side missions that add virtually nothing to the game itself. 99% of GTA's fanbase play for the storyline. They're advertising this as an expansion pack, expansion packs aren't miniscule addons. Expansion packs also don't equal other games. They're extensions of the original game.

Who said its was going to be 4000 pts? 1600 pts probably at the most. They're not going to give it away.
2657canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #24
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
When the DLC comes out, be sure to pop back in and tell us how disappointed you are.

Also, what's your source for the Xbox360 outselling the PS3 2:1?

Last edited by ska; 08-08-2008 at 04:28 AM..
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008   #25
BamBooUK

BamBooUK is on a distinguished roadBamBooUK is on a distinguished road
I use DLC in MGS4 and hope it comes to GTA IV for PS3, I want a jet pack, new weapons and a bicycle.
Old 08-08-2008   #26
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBlanco View Post
I hate DLC.

Game companies are just doing it to rip you off! Take Rockstar for example. They make GTA IV. Take out awsome features so the game isnt at it's full potential (in other words,they make it sucks balls) then they make DLC that includes the awsome features but by the time they release that I've already established that GTA IV sucks major balls because the first time I play a game is how I look at it forever.

When I buy a game I want the whole game. I don't want to keep relying on DLC to keep me satisfied. DLC is the devil.

Ok, so R* could keep with the SA graphics and features, or up the graphics and only kept the cool features. Both SA and IV were developed on a DVD. So, what would you what? GTA IV with a few cool features and great graphics, or San Andreas once again?

I know the whole DVD isn't filled up. But then again, how could anybody develop a game that fills up EXACTLY the size of a DVD?
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #27
MisterBlanco
Banned
Banned

MisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
Ok, so R* could keep with the SA graphics and features, or up the graphics and only kept the cool features.
Wrong!

Rockstar (or cockstar as I call them) upped the graphics and didnt keep any cool features.
Instead of adding more depth with Car Modding, they have CAR WASHES....
They have useless boring lame unimportant features. Comedy Clubs, Magic shows, and TV are good for 5 minutes and then it gets boring. They have very little clothing option. Little weapon selection.

They added all this realistic crap that is so pointless. If I want to watch TV , ILL WATCH REAL TV. If I want to go out with friends ILL GO OUT WITH REAL FRIENDS, if I wanted to sky dive I CANT because it isnt in GTA4 and I'm pussy in real life. If I wanted to car mod I CANT because im a POOR BASTARD.

Rockstar purposly did this because if they included all the awsome features AND awsome graphics (which they could have) then there would be no more GTAs after that because its already at its best. R* just want money.

Have fun with your DLC, because for all you people expecting a new City i laugh at you. Hope you enjoy your lame new cloths and new tv episodes
MisterBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #28
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Do you really think Microsoft paid 50 million for something that only the hardcore fans would care about??? The only way to reach casual GTA gamers is by making this reaching, and with that figure, 50 million, its going to be far more than "side missions".

Think about it. $50 million (I said 10 my mistake) is not a small matter. Where do you get this 3/4 of the fanbase figure from? The game has sold almost 2:1 on the 360 versus PS3. I have both systems, and am not turning this into a console argument. 50 Million is more than most games (including many hits) entire BUDGETS. From all early indications, the DLC has been touted with one word: EPISODIC. This does not apply to cars and ancillary crap that could've been released a month after release. They have to tune the story, script the missions, etc. etc. MS would not throw away 50 million on DLC exclusivity for new leisure suits and cars and the 500th variation of a deathmatch and random stuff that amounts to nothing in the storyline. Im telling you: new character or existing with a larger role, more missions, with parallel storyline elements.

You're fooling yourself if you honestly think that its going to be something small or throwaway. More missions with another character is hardly saying its going to be a brand new game. Its still going to run on the same engine, and I would assume that it would fit in the context of Niko's story.

You're absolutely insane if you think MS spent $50 million for clothes, cars, multiplayer modes, and silly side missions that add virtually nothing to the game itself. 99% of GTA's fanbase play for the storyline. They're advertising this as an expansion pack, expansion packs aren't miniscule addons. Expansion packs also don't equal other games. They're extensions of the original game.

Who said its was going to be 4000 pts? 1600 pts probably at the most. They're not going to give it away.
I'm not foolish I'm realistic, rather downplay it than overhype it. I do think you're putting way too much faith into the DLC, hell, Microsoft have already earned that back, yes 50 Mil is a lot, but to Microsoft, it's spare change, the amount of people who bought an Xbox and the 360 version of GTA has probably already earned them that money back. The Money and getting Rockstar to just say the 360 will have some extra stuff alone is enough to spread it across the web, media, etc, to convert some certain unsure buyers to get the 360 version.

I'll just put this to you, let's wait and see ok? I'm going to ask you to stop spreading hype though, hype hurt GTA IV a lot as to some people the game was overhyped by themselves and others and resulted in GTA IV being a big disapointment and thinking it's the shittest game ever, etc.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #29
GarrettQ

GarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished road
Does anyone remember
Mr Bulgarin from the mission when dimitri turned on niko
? I dont recall seeing him at all during the rest of the storyline. it seemed to me that him and niko had a past, and if the DLC is an addition to the story, id be willing to bet this character plays a big role in whats to come.

Im pretty much convinced that the DLC will be storyline only. maybe a few new activities, but nothing as major as new islands.

GarrettQ
GarrettQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008   #30
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I heard that if you complete the game and you check him on the police computer he turns up deceased so I don't think it is anything to do with bulgarin.