Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2008   #1
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
STILL not a GTAIV owner.. but i have a question

so yeah, money has been low for me lately so still no gta iv for me, so ive been staying away from this forum for obvious reasons.. but my friend was tellin me alil about it and he said it has "stupid inverted shit". can anyone tell me exactly what that means?
Old 07-31-2008   #2
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
That's about as descriptive as calling the waitress who served you "orange pineapple slush".

It doesn't make sense, I'm afraid.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #3
Staffybull97

Staffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud ofStaffybull97 has much to be proud of
Tbh, that doesn't sound like it makes a lot of sense, but I could be wrong.
And here at the end, at the end of the hurt
All the pain ain't the same when it's your turn to burn
Staffybull97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #4
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Only thing I can decipher from the statement is that he could mean the decisions you make. Sometimes you make decisions that give you good benefits, and some that has bad benefits, and some that have bad benefits but are morally good. That's what I think he could have been referring to, anyway.

That, and what claud3 said above ^
Old 07-31-2008   #5
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
it sounds like he's talking about controls.

inverted is where down is up and up is down, like a fighter jets controls. if this is a complaint he has about the game, you should point out to him it can be turned off in the controls menu..
Old 07-31-2008   #6
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
nice explanation scott

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #7
grittack
L1 Grittack

grittack is on a distinguished roadgrittack is on a distinguished road
you can CHOOSE if you want to have it inverted or not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grittack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #8
atdray
AlcoholicA

atdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enough
Maybe he's talking about the death scenes? When you die, all the colors onscreen fade to an inverted state, and the joystick controls turn all funky. Then again, he did say it was "stupid", and I don't see how that can stupid, so I'm probably fucking wrong.
Old 07-31-2008   #9
GarrettQ

GarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
that is the inverted camera mod he is talking about to some like it of where up is down and down is up and some like it on which means up is up and down is down i think that is what he is talking about
Huh? I read that like 3 times and i cant quite follow along.

I have no clue what your friend is implying, get a second opinion. If you have a video game rental place in your area, then rent it. If thats not an option, tell your friend to lend it to you. What good is he gonna get out of it if he doesnt like it.

GarrettQ
GarrettQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #10
Blaze0785

Blaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to allBlaze0785 is a name known to all
claud3 you type fast i was almost about to say the samething as you did

Tupac the best legend of all legend's
Blaze0785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #11
atdray
AlcoholicA

atdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enoughatdray will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
dude what do you not understand it is the camera he is talking about and the intverted camera is an option in the controls menu where if you have it of then pushing up will make the camera move down and pushing down will make the camera move up. And if you have the intverted switchd on then if you push up then the camera will go up and if you push down then the camera will go down. That is how i explained it
When he says he doesn't quite follow what you're saying, I think it's due to the lack of punctuation and proper spelling in your posts. That's my guess.

But I do understand what you're saying. It could very well be what the OP's friend was talking about.

Last edited by atdray; 07-31-2008 at 07:06 PM..
atdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #12
GarrettQ

GarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by atdray View Post
When he says he doesn't quite follow what you're saying, I think it's due to the lack of punctuation and proper spelling in your posts. That's my guess.

But I do understand what you're saying. It could very well be what the OP's friend was talking about.
Yeah thats what threw me off. Didnt mean any harm by it.

If he was indeed talking about the inverted option on the camera's axis, then he hasnt played very many games. Almost every third person or first person game has the option of inverting the camera's axis. well, at least since dual joysticks started appearing on game controllers.

GarrettQ
GarrettQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #13
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
which stupid inverted shit were you refering to?
danhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008   #14
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by killahmatic View Post
"stupid inverted shit"
Don't believe the lies your friends have been telling you. Nothing in GTA IV, or any GTA game for that matter, is ever 'stupid'. He must have been playing Saint's Row, and got mixed up, or something. Grand Theft Auto is one of the best games you can get out there that is value for money, I don't think much other games fit this bill anyway. It's not stupid, because if it is, then every video game that he has played must be stupid, and your friend must reallu hate video games, I suppose?
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008   #15
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
it sounds like he's talking about controls.

inverted is where down is up and up is down, like a fighter jets controls. if this is a complaint he has about the game, you should point out to him it can be turned off in the controls menu..
haha thanks! yeah i assumed he was talkin about the controls but i didnt know cuz he left right after he said that (on AIM). yeah ill throw that at him and see what he has to say