Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2008   #16
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
ohh shit man, idno lol i remember hearing that too, and i swared i thought it was going to be in the game. So many peepz on so many diff forums were saying that, but thats typical GTA rumors anyway. What I really want personally, is some mod shops for cars..i know its been said already, but some cars that dont have a special edition, wouold look so fuckin good wit rims, tint, etc etc.
danhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #17
Johnny-Z

Johnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to beholdJohnny-Z is a splendid one to behold
I'd hate to fill up my car with gas in GTA:IV, even though Rockstar went for realism they had to balance that out with fun elements as well.
Having to fill cars with gas would be quite annoying because what happens if you are trying to get away from foes or the police and you run out of gas in your car? You fail the mission and it would get quite annoying like ash said.

Quote:
ohh shit man, idno lol i remember hearing that too, and i swared i thought it was going to be in the game. So many peepz on so many diff forums were saying that, but thats typical GTA rumors anyway. What I really want personally, is some mod shops for cars..i know its been said already, but some cars that dont have a special edition, wouold look so fuckin good wit rims, tint, etc etc.
The mod shops were in San Andreas, they cut off a load of the exess and started fresh with GTA:IV, no doubt when the next (or the one after) console/PC version of GTA gets realesed, we will see car mod shops back with even more realistic options to custimise vehicles.
I kind of hated the fact that in San Andreas you could custimise some average cars to look like racing cars .
Old 07-31-2008   #18
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
I really don't care about the gloves, even if they had em I would not put them on. I dress Niko up as a Mafia mobster.
Old 07-31-2008   #19
Sublimo
Drunk Belgian

Sublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished roadSublimo is on a distinguished road
I remember back when Vice City was going to come out I posted in a wishlist "The ability to fill up your gastank".

The responses where awesome.

"That's just plain stupid."
"We don't want that kind of realism."
"That'd be the most annoying feature EVER."
"..."

Look ak us now

Besides. This is gta who would ever get out of gas? You switch cars as fast in gta as you switch girls when you're 14

Last edited by Sublimo; 07-31-2008 at 02:07 AM..
Sublimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #20
danhex

danhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished roaddanhex is on a distinguished road
LOL ^^^ funny man you are, ive always wanted realistic type things like that in GTA, reguardless of what people said, your right tho responses are much diff now, and fkkkk the gloves who gives a poo
danhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #21
GarrettQ

GarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished roadGarrettQ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Z View Post
I'd hate to fill up my car with gas in GTA:IV, even though Rockstar went for realism they had to balance that out with fun elements as well.
Having to fill cars with gas would be quite annoying because what happens if you are trying to get away from foes or the police and you run out of gas in your car? You fail the mission and it would get quite annoying like ash said.
Quite a few of the "IV sucks" fanclub members complained that the storyline went by to quick. Failing a few missions because you ran out of gas would have helped make it longer. Then again, it probably would have broken a few controllers or put some holes in their drywall; at least for some of the "short fuse" gamers, which i happen to be.

I think their was a mod for vice city [PC] that gave you the option of running out of gas. So those that want it will have to wait for when/if IV comes to PC.

We aint happy unless were bitchin, and we aint bitchin unless were happy. Then again, if we were all happy, what would we talk about?

GarrettQ
GarrettQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #22
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
I think that gas would kinda be dumb, considering that normally it'll take hundreds of miles until you run out of gas. Something it would've been nice to see would be the ability to go inside gas stations. We have nut stands, hot dog stands, restaurants, news stands, but we can't go into the gas station to buy some soda (Or rob the place)
Old 07-31-2008   #23
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
If they must put in a fuel feature, make it optional. I'd like to try it but I think it'll get annoying over time, that I'd have to steal another car or something.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #24
Marko Dash
Newbie Member

Marko Dash is an unknown quantity at this point
it might work for multiplayer, or maybe like damage. if you take hits to the tank area you begin to leak gas until you run out and the car dies or gets repaired back to unlimited again.
I loved Saint's Row, just too short and your character gets too little dialogue, it was like GTA on steroids, massively pumped up but something got smaller...
Marko Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #25
jim_genius5

jim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished roadjim_genius5 is on a distinguished road
The city should have been more active. I was watching the game's TV commercial the other day and I noticed that at the very beginning where Niko is at the docks, the place is very populated, in an Assassin's Creed way.
jim_genius5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008   #26
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLeverette View Post
I think that gas would kinda be dumb, considering that normally it'll take hundreds of miles until you run out of gas. Something it would've been nice to see would be the ability to go inside gas stations. We have nut stands, hot dog stands, restaurants, news stands, but we can't go into the gas station to buy some soda (Or rob the place)
yea in real life you can go hundreds of miles on a tank, so really you would wreck the car before you ever have to fill up. if its one you like to keep then well fill it up everynow and then.

if you gusy remember the game called Mafia, those cars could run outa gas. but they rarely ever did they set it to high it took forever to run outa gas. sometimes you would steal a car with low gas and then it would run out. if the gastank gets shot the fuel starts pouring out leaving you with a little left but usually ran out.

i to wish there were auto/manual cars driving about....

Last edited by comics22; 08-03-2008 at 09:34 AM..
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote